Harry knows his stuff!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Del View Post
    I'd have Gerrard and Scholes above anyone myself as equally good in their own right, although quite different players. Lampard's done very well obviously but i don't rate him as high as those two. I also think his goalscoring's been helped massively at Chelsea by the fact he's always had 2 holding defensive midfielders behind him allowing him to almost disregard defensive concerns and just focus on supporting the front men and getting in and around the box. Gerrard has carried Liverpool for 10 years in defence and attack and still scored shed loads, and Scholes whilst again scoring plenty has also orchestrated Man Utd's play and controlled matches.

The biggest frustration is with all these good players, along with the likes of Beckham, Rooney, Rio etc we've never had the right England manager to gel them and make them tick.
    scholes i would say is as good, but from the generation before like giggs , becks etc. the best england midfielder oveer the last 30 years was gazza by a mile

Comment

shocked how people are talking about that **** in this thread

just another snidey chelsea ******

not fit to tie gerrards laces

Comment

Originally posted by casuallyqpr View Post
        shocked how people are talking about that **** in this thread

just another snidey chelsea ******

not fit to tie gerrards laces
        Not having that - taking the Chelsea hatred out of the equation, Lampard is mustard. His record speaks for itself - 191 goals and 130 assists in 570 games at the highest level. IMO alot better than Gerrard - although can appreciate some saying Gerrard maybe slightly better. But by no means "not fit to tie his laces".

Opinions though I spose, all have em.
        You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

That guy might have made Frank ! So many young players think they made it before playing one season. Frank having his ability questioned may have inspired him to work hard and prove that tossed wrong!!!

Comment

see what your saying but for me gerrard is lightyears ahead of him.

lampard is your typical do nothing but run to the edge of the box when the others are attacking midfielder.

gets the stats but does **** all else.

imo obviously

Comment

Lamps, scholes and Gerrard all great premiership players but never did it for country. I always think they were too comfortable at their respective clubs, would have been good for England if they had gone to another club preferably a European club for a couple of years when they were still in their prime. I understand why they didn't.

Comment

Working...
              X