Marin Tackle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marin Tackle

A terrible career threatening tackle If one of Diakite Barton Hill M'bia would have made that tackle the ref would have bowed to the crowd to send him off and we would have probably lost .remember this is the ref who sent of Derry for stroking A.Youngs arm.at Utd last year. Talk about favouring the big teams and inconsistancy!

Agree. 100% red carder.

Comment

And because he got booked FA can't act on it post match. They showed it on MOTD but diet talk about it.

Had we not got something out of the game we would def be complaining about it and being game changing. Marin after that actually had a really influential game with very good through balls, could well have made the difference

Tackles like that, regardless what the ref does on the pitch should be looked at. I mean if go can get a red card rescinded why on earth can you not get a yellow extended?

Comment

It was a shocking challenge. None of our players hounded the ref. Had that been the 'big clubs' they would have hounded the ref and he would have been off. A little bit of naivety on our part. Maybe did us a favour not sending him off as playing against 11 we had to remain disciplined and keep our shape. Against 10 we may have had to be more adventurous.
        First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

Comment

Terrible tackle, no doubt in my mind that it should have been a straight red.

Comment

mbia got straight up and told ref NOT to send him off. This had an effect

Comment

Originally posted by Rich View Post
              Although you are right, it shouldn't be the case. Grant Holt told the ref not to send Barton off last year after his run in with Bradley Johnson but, when a reds a red, he needs to go. Ref bottled it big time at one of the "big boys" home grounds. Pr1ck.
              You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Harry was very gracious in saying afterwards that it was unintentional and that he is not that type of player. Whether that is down to us being linked with him, I have no idea.

It does highlight however, the shocking inconsistencies shown by referees in this division, just as the Derry sending by the same referee did last season. As does the fact that Bertrand should have been booked for diving early on, when chasing a ball with Mackie. Tripping over your own feet happens occasionally, but appealing for a foul is nothing other than cheating. If the ref doesn't award a free kick/penalty, then he needs to get a yellow card out.

Comment

missed it...like 100s of others we were outside being searched 3 times by stewards, the last one ordered us to open coats so they could check for flags??
                  oddly stewards and police don't like you saying hillsborough, when stuck in queues and we got there 5 mins before ko...only the upper away end had a queue.

Comment

One thing you haven't mentioned is it was Marin who pulled back SWP in the second half when we were breaking and the ref pulled the play back but failed to give him a second yellow,as you say ,if that was us we would of been down to 10men

Comment

It was an awful awful tackle. Very disappointed it was just skipped over like it was nothing. If that was one of our lot or Barton it would of been 'shameful Barton hits out again'

I also think Derry was lucky not to get a yellow last night, I don't like to see people with their arms around people's necks
                      Under Les Ferdinand:
                      Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
                      Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
                      Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
                      Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
                      And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Originally posted by Rich View Post
                        I thought it was on Onouah??

Comment

Originally posted by QPR_NW10 View Post
                          And because he got booked FA can't act on it post match. They showed it on MOTD but diet talk about it.

Had we not got something out of the game we would def be complaining about it and being game changing. Marin after that actually had a really influential game with very good through balls, could well have made the difference

Tackles like that, regardless what the ref does on the pitch should be looked at. I mean if go can get a red card rescinded why on earth can you not get a yellow extended?
                          Definite red. Also should have had 2nd yellow for holding back swp in 2nd half.

Comment

shouldve been off, if not then he shouldve got a 2nd for that later tackle.
                            the fattun holt telling ref not send off barton was a bit of kidology really, especially considering he brought attention to the incident. he knew what he was doing, telling the ref not to send someone off is like putting a flea in his ear. he might not of thought of brandishing a card until a player says dont send him off.
                            i thought i saw derry and hill appealing to the ref.

searching people for flags!!!!!!! when they give their fans free flags! why? because they maybe inflammatory? they should look at the behaviour of that twunt of a stadium anouncer
                            Last edited by willis1980; 03-01-2013, 11:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dazzer1977 View Post
                              I thought it was on Onouah??
                              Nah was Mbia mate.
                              You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Working...
                              X