Optimism from Realism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Optimism from Realism

It breaks my heart to say this but I am pretty convinced that we are heading down, however is this necessarily the worst thing in the world for us at this present time?

Tony Fernandes has made mistakes - no doubt about it - but he does care about the club and I strongly believe that he has learnt the hard way now. He is a successful businessman and I think that he will learn from what he has done and ensure it is never repeated. That means building a new team around young talent, not journeymen looking for a last pay day.

Dropping a division will ensure that some of the players we desperately want rid of will jump ship and give us a chance to have a good clear out. I also believe that while heavily criticised by some, Bothroyd and DJ up front could be a formidable strikeforce in the Championship. Dare I say it, even Anton and Nedum could probably do a job in the NPC and with some canny management (it won't be from Harry though) we could bounce back stronger.

I very much doubt Adel will stay which will be a loss but already he has given us more years and highlights than I thought he would.

I dont buy into the whole idea that we are the next portsmouth, and if it takes us to be a yoyo club for a few years then so be it.
    Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
    Pawel Wszolek - 6
    Luke Freeman - 6
    Matt Smith - 6
    Ebere Eze - 4
    Joel Lynch - 3
    Tomer Hemed - 3
    Toni Leistner - 2
    Massimo Luongo- 2
    Angel Rangel - 2
    Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
    Geoff Cameron - 1
    Aramide Oteh - 1
    Jake Bidwell - 1
    Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Relegation would be the worse possible thing for us IMO, but it seems pretty inevitable now.

Who is to say we won't repeat the mistakes we've made in the Prem in the Championship and end up with highly paid and under performing players of that level?

Comment

Working...
      X