Harry said

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harry said

QPR manager Harry Redknapp is looking to sign a centre back to give the likes of Ryan Nelsen and Clint Hill a break.

With the money spent on players by QPR owner Tony Fernandes during the managerial reigns of Neil Warnock and Mark Hughes, Redknapp thinks the squad is still short on numbers.

He said: “Our two centre halves have given everything - but they’re both 35. No disrespect, but Ryan Nelsen came here as fourth choice. He said he would give it a go for another year and play a few games if needed.

“I took him to Tottenham last year on the same basis. He’s been fantastic here, but he’s played every game since I got the job.

“Clint Hill has done great - he went out on loan last year to Nottingham Forest and has done a good job. But we’re short and need a bit more and I’ve got to find one or two if I can.”

Nelson.... Gr8 respect to him!

and for a new centre back we will be seeing, I really do have a high hope.

Comment

That was here BTW http://www.london24.com/sport/chelse...ning_1_1757600

Useful to find actual quotes rather than just speculation which is what is normally seen.

From the above looks to me like he is thinking of signing 2 CDs rather rather than just 1. Might have space for 3 CDs in a 352 so Nelsen will still play I expect just not 24/7.

Comment

Originally posted by zeberdee View Post
        QPR manager Harry Redknapp is looking to sign a centre back to give the likes of Ryan Nelsen and Clint Hill a break.

With the money spent on players by QPR owner Tony Fernandes during the managerial reigns of Neil Warnock and Mark Hughes, Redknapp thinks the squad is still short on numbers.

He said: “Our two centre halves have given everything - but they’re both 35. No disrespect, but Ryan Nelsen came here as fourth choice. He said he would give it a go for another year and play a few games if needed.

“I took him to Tottenham last year on the same basis. He’s been fantastic here, but he’s played every game since I got the job.

“Clint Hill has done great - he went out on loan last year to Nottingham Forest and has done a good job. But we’re short and need a bit more and I’ve got to find one or two if I can.”
        Thank F##K! Harry's finally seen the light and realised that Ferdinand is Crap, Its taken 3 managers to realise what the fans have known since the day he arrived. Overrated/overpaid how he's survived in the top level so long is staggering

Comment

Originally posted by dave58 View Post
          Thank F##K! Harry's finally seen the light and realised that Ferdinand is Crap, Its taken 3 managers to realise what the fans have known since the day he arrived. Overrated/overpaid how he's survived in the top level so long is staggering
          Ferdinand was not in the early teams and only got used when Nelsen was injured. He saw Nelsen/Hill as the best available but now has the chance to improve that position. Just got to find some reliable CDs who want to come. He will do it though I expect because CD is a vital position.

Comment

Ferdinand was OK before the Terry incident. Had a huge dip in form since then.
            QPR
            Best team in the world
            Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
              Ferdinand was OK before the Terry incident. Had a huge dip in form since then.
              Yeah tbf to him despite the hostility he attracts last couple games he has not really been any worse than anyone else either.

Comment

Hopeless against anyone with a physical presence

Comment

Think we should try Mbia back there for a few games to see how he does. he did well at Arsenal before the sending off.

Comment

Wil be sent off again if used as a CB. Play him as def. midfielder(IMO).
                    QPR
                    Best team in the world
                    Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by James1979 View Post
                      Think we should try Mbia back there for a few games to see how he does. he did well at Arsenal before the sending off.
                      M'Bia is a midfielder and CAN be played as CB but he doesn't like it. It wouldn't be advisable to play someone out of position when we need moral boosting and commitment for 90 minutes EVERY game.

As Shania said 'will be sent off again' if he is played at the back - TOO much passion, not enough patience.

Comment

HR says “Our two centre halves have given everything - but they’re both 35. No disrespect, but Ryan Nelsen came here as fourth choice. He said he would give it a go for another year and play a few games if needed.

after saying that, if harry goes out and buys richard dunne who is also 35 then harry deserves slateing in my book.
                        nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Dunno how Ferdinand has played at the top level his whole career. Would it be rude of me to think if he had a different surname he wouldn't of been so lucky?

Comment

Originally posted by Ric-Roc View Post
                            Dunno how Ferdinand has played at the top level his whole career. Would it be rude of me to think if he had a different surname he wouldn't of been so lucky?
                            He's mugged a living to be honest.

Ironically, I think he has a nice touch on the ball....... but he's got the spacial awareness, maneuverability and IQ of a Shire Horse. He looks a bit like one too........

Comment

Originally posted by Ric-Roc View Post
                              Very much a confidence player who can a job alongside a more physical CB. Ferdinand is fast and decent when he concentrates fully on his game.
                              QPR
                              Best team in the world
                              Sort of

Comment

Working...
                              X