DJ Campbell set for QPR talks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DJ Campbell set for QPR talks

DJ CAMPBELL wants his QPR future sorted one way or the other over the next month.
    The forward is days from finishing a loan spell at Ipswich and wants either a new deal at Loftus Road or a permanent move elsewhere.
    However, the 31-year-old agrees he has a strong bargaining hand after hitting 10 in 16 Championship appearances that has inched the Tractor Boys out of the mire.
    Campbell’s current contract at Rs runs out at the end of the season, but he is ready to give his all to help his boyhood team out of Premier League trouble as well – provided there is something on the table.

He said: “I need to sit down with Harry and see what he wants to do.

“It’s getting to the stage in my career where I need to make sure I provide for myself and my family.

“Once we’ve had that chat, I’ll better be able to assess my options. But I agree strikers regularly hitting the back of the net is a valuable commodity in football.”

Read More http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/lon...#ixzz2GdF8MnGn
    "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

From everything I've seen & heard he seems happy at Ipswich
    Under Les Ferdinand:
    Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
    Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
    Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
    Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
    And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

good Championship player but its not like we got options...bring him back for the last few months.

Comment

I don't think his been given a good chance, however I trust Harry and the board to put things right.

Comment

qpr gotta think long term, if we going down then DJ is the player we need to keep for next season.

i say bring him back now and give him a new deal

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
            I don't think his been given a good chance, however I trust Harry and the board to put things right.
            I think we should not give him a new contract until he proves his worth. Otherwise may be we should try and get a fee from Ipswich whilst we can. I know we do not have many options and Hughes should have kept him in the squad but I am not convince he is an EPL player. He is 31 years old and a bit of a journey man. Saying that we could use him if we are relegated to the Chamoionship.

Comment

He comes back on the 5th of January, which is the day we play West Brom in the cup. Perfect chance to prove himself.
              "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

Never been given a proper chance with us

Only started a few games and then got benched and used as a sub

Aint seen any of the other strikers we got scoring 13 goals in one season like DJ did in 2010/11

Been treated unfairly by NW and MH but probably wants to hear that he will be given games if he comes back

Cant blame him if he wants to move on after how his been treated
                Last edited by Dale; 31-12-2012, 02:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by w12dave View Post
                  qpr gotta think long term, if we going down then DJ is the player we need to keep for next season.

i say bring him back now and give him a new deal
                  Spot on. We need him back! Plus, he's QPR through and through. He's exactly the type of player we need

Comment

we'll need him next year..... scored 10 goals in a league we'll be in next year
                    Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
                    Lovejoy: "No?!"
                    Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

Give him a new deal, we could use a striker like him in the championship.
                      Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                      Pawel Wszolek - 6
                      Luke Freeman - 6
                      Matt Smith - 6
                      Ebere Eze - 4
                      Joel Lynch - 3
                      Tomer Hemed - 3
                      Toni Leistner - 2
                      Massimo Luongo- 2
                      Angel Rangel - 2
                      Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                      Geoff Cameron - 1
                      Aramide Oteh - 1
                      Jake Bidwell - 1
                      Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

He's the best striker we've got as Cisse is clearly off. We should sign him to a new deal, can do a job at this level and would likely be very useful in the Championship when the inevitable happens!

Comment

Working...
                        X