Please please Tony Fernandes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeberdee View Post
    Well it is up to the board really. They set the budget whether the fans want to spend billions or zilch. That is how football business works.

TBH they are stuck between the devil and the deep blue sea - either spend to try to stay up OR pay all the current wages in the Championship.

Not a pretty choice.

I think it will end up being a mixture - no huge buys but looking to change whatever they can within budget.
    Am sure you are right but this to me is where we have gone wrong - not committing fully to one strategy or another. We have wanted the perceived glory/ statement of intent factor of getting in big names, but without spending the really serious dough to get winners. I think its time the board really looked each other in the eye and worked out between themselves how seriously they want this, how long term their commitment is, what type of club they want to build because at the moment there is no clear message.

Comment

Few loans might be ok but we saw in the past loans can be bad news.

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
        Am sure you are right but this to me is where we have gone wrong - not committing fully to one strategy or another. We have wanted the perceived glory/ statement of intent factor of getting in big names, but without spending the really serious dough to get winners. I think its time the board really looked each other in the eye and worked out between themselves how seriously they want this, how long term their commitment is, what type of club they want to build because at the moment there is no clear message.
        Not too sure I agree with that, they have spent some pretty considerable amounts of money on bringing in decent players that we all thought would do well(Granero, Diakite, Mbia, Zamora, SWP, Ferdinand, Cisse, Onuoha, Hoillett all cost from £3m upwards I think, not to mention the free transfers that were getting big salaries) and everyone was saying at the start of the season how many champions league winners we had in our squad. Unfortunately, the players brought in do not have the desire or hunger to win and are just here for the money.

The board could not have anticipated that, but their direction was quite clear that they wanted us to stabilise in the Premiership and funded it accordingly. The mistake they made was allowing Hughes to be in charge of who we brought in.

Comment

We can only have one loan as Fabio has used up one, so i think we have to spend, or get frees like ben haim

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
            agree with this. i reckon the finances are ok, i really cant see harry staying though.
            Me and you both mate.Think if we drop this year he will be offski. I do have faith in TF & the board though, finance wise, they have reiterated numerous times that relegation won't ruin their "vision" and the possibility has been catered for and who are we to doubt them?
            You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

sell sell sell

and bring DJ back

Comment

Working...
              X