Still think QPR will stay up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still think QPR will stay up

I expect Tony and Harry to get the January window sorted enough so that QPR will stay up and Villa, Southampton, and Reading go down.

Whatever the result against Liverpool that is my new years prediction.

I think out of the last 19 games we will need to win about 8 of them and draw 3. I think 37 points will be enough to stay up again

Comment

So 8 wins at home, how many away ones?

Comment

Originally posted by Greengrass View Post
        8 wins wherever.

Comment

Yeah I reckon that should do it. Might even need less this season but on average 37 points usually survives. Even if we write off the next two games with just Hughes squad available that is 17 games to get 8 wins and 3 draws.

From what I have seen the team can improve massively with just 3 players - a CD (company/cover for Nelsen) + a target man(for Cisse to play off) + a solid CM(to stop em getting pulled about). Add those 3 and the team will compete against most sides very well because it will function properly. It is a bit of money but not going to break the bank signing those 3 so I think they are safe bets.

Then if another couple players added after that and there are more options for Harry to switch things about during games too which again improves the team massively. Because at present there is not a lot he can do to change things and respond to the opposition.

Also I just think the EPL really is not that good this season. Any half decent team can beat anyone else. So even if 0 points come from the next 2 games I still fancy it.

Comment

Originally posted by Greengrass View Post
            Yes. Fortress Loftus Road will be key. Not as if the current situation demands away wins. Could get just about all the points for survival from the home games.

Comment

Don't call me negative, but after the Newcastle and WBA defeats, I think we are 90%down!
              QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Having won 1/19 i don't think there is any chance this sorry shower of shat will win 8-10 games in the second half of the season.

Comment

We need to find a way of getting two quick wins on the board as when you look at the teams above us they have not won masses of games but when they won one they followed it up quite quickly with a second and third before reverting to being turd again. Look at Villa, Southampton and Sunderland as an example of this.

All the way up to Sunderland in 13th they have all only won five games or less all season (four more then us - its not an awful lot) they were in the mire like us but won their game after we got a point there then won another and moved up. If we can nick two quick wins whilst those above are dropping points we wont be out of it. I dont care how the wins come own goals, diving, cheating I dont give a toss we never get **** all so if we need to bend the rules to give ourselves a chance Im all for it

Comment

Dreamers we've no chance

Comment

Originally posted by pblockranger View Post
                      Dreamers we've no chance
                      Sadly,no chance of this. We had so many matches to close the gap or even get out of this mess and we blew it. We probably already had our best spell of the season when HR took over. The Xmas period was our last chance and we blew it.

If we don't get 6 points from the next two matches then HR needs to accept we need to build for the future and get rid of the has beens and mediocre. If Taarabt wants to go then let him as he will not want to be here next season.

Comment

At last some positivity coming thru ... It will be tough we all know that but with a few key additions as said, the team will look wholly different ... We are not yet cast adrift. A few wins and we are more than in the mix.. Plenty of time left

Comment

The key to us staying up this season, lies in the business the club does this January during the transfer window.
                          Today's game, even Chelshyte on Wednesday night, are write-offs, if we get anything from either or both those games, it will be a fantastic bonus.
                          West Brom on 5th Jan is FA Cup, so we are looking to have at least two key additions by the time we play Spuds on the 14th January.
                          From Spuds onwards, we need to go on the best run this club has had in the premier league since promotion in 2011.
                          A tall order? More than likely.
                          Impossible? Not entirely.

Comment

Gave up believing after the Reading match

Comment

Originally posted by EYR View Post
                              Having won 1/19 i don't think there is any chance this sorry shower of shat will win 8-10 games in the second half of the season.
                              This team yes. A different team no. The different team could have mostly the same players too. Think of it like a heart transplant. Someone got a weak heart they are stuck in a hospital bed. With a new heart they can get up walk around maybe even run. The arms and legs are the same as before but now they work. A better analogy would be a new spine but I don't think transplants exist for that. Anyway point being sometimes a small change can make a big difference.

Comment

Working...
                              X