Lescott

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lescott

MANCHESTER CITY are set to offload £8m-rated defender Joleon Lescott in January.

The England star, who cost City £24million in 2010, is available at the cut-price figure to push through a quick deal.

Former club Everton are keen to take him back to Goodison Park, but his £90,000-a-week wages are a big problem.

That could open the door for QPR boss Harry Redknapp, who wants a quality centre-back to improve his under-performing Loftus Road squad.

Turkish side Galatasaray are also keen.

source: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...-8million.html

Now Lescott is the kind of centre-back who would sure things up at the back for us! A loan deal could be possible, I hope!! :pleasantsuprise:

Now he is the type of player who cd see us to safety. But wd be amazed if he agreed to come to us, sadly.

Comment

Now he would be the big signing who's actually worth a big wage
      Under Les Ferdinand:
      Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
      Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
      Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
      Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
      And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Decent player but overated imo as has clangers in him such as our game there in May.

That said he's much better than most our CB's so would improve us.... BUT, there'll be plenty of higher placed teams than us who'd take him in a shot if true.

Comment

Would not want to spend £8m on him, very prone to an error IMO. Loan deal I would chew your arm off, but £8m and £90,000 could be spent so much more wisely IMO

Comment

I wonder if it's possible for us to sign both Lescott AND Dawson? Now that would be a good pairing. As for wages, we might be freeing up Barton and Bosingwa so that'll help.

I rate Lescott. I think he's a good player.
            Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

yeh id take lescott straight away. i do think we will sign 2 defenders and 2 forwards and possibly a left winger so lescott on loan with a view to a perm suits me.
              He does mis judge the odd header but hes still a class player

Comment

Originally posted by QPR Richard View Post
                I wonder if it's possible for us to sign both Lescott AND Dawson? Now that would be a good pairing. As for wages, we might be freeing up Barton and Bosingwa so that'll help.

I rate Lescott. I think he's a good player.
                Just becasue Bosingwa is now out of favour it doesn't mean we will be getting shot of him and his high wage..... He's on a long term deal and ask yourself who would take him on such wages, especially after his poor attitude has been made very, very public...?

As for Barton, he's on a season loan and i expect we are paying a chunk of his wage still, but that's not going to change in January.

Comment

He is the type of good lad that would be of interest. Any Moyes old boys would be. Prob go back to Goodison though.

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post
                    Just becasue Bosingwa is now out of favour it doesn't mean we will be getting shot of him and his high wage..... He's on a long term deal and ask yourself who would take him on such wages, especially after his poor attitude has been made very, very public...?

As for Barton, he's on a season loan and i expect we are paying a chunk of his wage still, but that's not going to change in January.
                    I never said it was going to happen, I said MIGHT.
                    Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
                      Now he is the type of player who cd see us to safety. But wd be amazed if he agreed to come to us, sadly.
                      This - would love him but can't help but think we would be way down the list of clubs he would want to move to.
                      You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Gotta be worth trying to bring him in on loan until the end of the season with the option of a perm if we stay up.

Comment

Originally posted by QPR Richard View Post
                          I never said it was going to happen, I said MIGHT.
                          Fair enough, but it isn't going to happen.

Comment

Working...
                          X