Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Much as we all love him is TF really what we need?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't really think its fair the OP comparing the two as TF is in a completely different situation where football is now all about money
    Queens Park Rangers
    NPower Champions 2010/2011

PREMIER LEAGUE 2011 - ETERNITY (Oh well got that wrong, we'll be back though)

Comment

Dont think Fernandes can be judged yet as Chairman as its too early to tell. One thing for sure is that under him we have brought in 19 players on likely large wages and we have been total **** on the pitch where it counts since he took over.

Comment

Tony has heart for the club. Yes he made a mistake by putting all his eggs in one basket with Hughes but I believe he will stick by the club.

Comment

Originally posted by QPR Richard View Post
          Can't believe people keep knocking Tony. This has to stop because we have the best chairman we could ever wish for.
          You really ought to look at the situation with a little objectivity. The OP is completely fair in his assessment. Fernandes is a superb chap but being a nice man with good business acumen does not equate to knowing how to run a football club. I dare say in his other ventures he doesn't feel quite as personally responsible as he does at QPR, which works on two levels. You need to be able to have degrees of separation in business so you can view things from a sound perspective, I dare say Fernandes pumped a lot of money into the wages of these players in hope more than anything. Would he run his other businesses as he does QPR? Of course not but then Football is nothing like other businesses and your results will hold you accountable. The players he brought in were a mistake. Hiring Mark Hughes was a mistake. Speaking so openly on Twitter was a mistake. This does not diminish from his goodwill, these are fair assessments and failure to accept a pragmatic opinion is just blinkering yourself to the truth. What we have seen from Fernandes and what we needed were antithetical. We needed to build a solid base to work from, take a longer term view instead of purchasing anyone willing to sign for us on big money who either a) used to be good or b) had nothing left to play for in his career.

Personally I think what has to stop are the fans who refuse to take off the rose tinted glasses. I'm all for optimism but lets be sensible. We're bottom of the league and its not by accident or bad luck either.

Wake up.

Comment

wake up ? it's so much better when your dreaming
            Football played the Charlie Ferris way

Comment

Originally posted by Sminky View Post
              You really ought to look at the situation with a little objectivity. The OP is completely fair in his assessment. Fernandes is a superb chap but being a nice man with good business acumen does not equate to knowing how to run a football club. I dare say in his other ventures he doesn't feel quite as personally responsible as he does at QPR, which works on two levels. You need to be able to have degrees of separation in business so you can view things from a sound perspective, I dare say Fernandes pumped a lot of money into the wages of these players in hope more than anything. Would he run his other businesses as he does QPR? Of course not but then Football is nothing like other businesses and your results will hold you accountable. The players he brought in were a mistake. Hiring Mark Hughes was a mistake. Speaking so openly on Twitter was a mistake. This does not diminish from his goodwill, these are fair assessments and failure to accept a pragmatic opinion is just blinkering yourself to the truth. What we have seen from Fernandes and what we needed were antithetical. We needed to build a solid base to work from, take a longer term view instead of purchasing anyone willing to sign for us on big money who either a) used to be good or b) had nothing left to play for in his career.

Personally I think what has to stop are the fans who refuse to take off the rose tinted glasses. I'm all for optimism but lets be sensible. We're bottom of the league and its not by accident or bad luck either.

Wake up.
              hiring MH in hindsight may have been a mistake but at the time was a completely justified strategy. MH appeared to have the credential with Riggs background etc. a mistake in hindsight is not the same as TF making a wrong move at the time he did.
              TF didnt bring the players in. MH did. it is completly correct for the chairmen to let the manager run the football side. TF stated this repeatedly at the time, that was not his area of expertise. he doesnt fly his own planes. what damage TF's supportive, transparent and honest tweets have done i dont see. as to building a solid base. yawn....academy, training ground, stadium planning...multi sponsorship deals, efforts to build revenues in the east and yes, efforts to try some short term fixes using players
              with experience that his expert advisors who he correctly delegated the football management roll to, advised him were what was missing from the squad.

Comment

Originally posted by superhoop67 View Post
                wake up ? it's so much better when your dreaming
                Dreaming of relegation haha?

I like to think that surely Fernandes will get some respectable and knowledgeable footballing advisor's around him next year so this doesn't happen again.

EDIT: @QPR71, Fernandes brought in the majority of the players. Hughes' choices were Onuoha, Zamora, Nelsen etc. Fernandes brought in Granero, Park, Bosingwa, Julio Cesar, M'Bia, Cisse, Fabio etc. Now not all of them are unmitigated disasters, but realistically how many of them were worth signing? I look forward to your response.
                Last edited by Sminky; 29-12-2012, 07:14 PM.

Comment

Wake up.
                  When you and the other doom merchants provide evidence to show we're heading for disaster then perhaps I'll take notice of you. Have you got relevant evidence? Have you seen the club accounts? Have you seen the business plan?

Far too many people are intent on slagging off the chairman when they have no idea of how he is running the club. From what I've seen, he's invested in the team, is building a new training ground and academy, and is planning a new stadium. Yes, he's doing a terrible job.

Allow the board to get on with running the club and could I suggest you get on with supporting the team?
                  Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

business plan? 19 players in on big wages for a club with 18k max gate fee's and bottom of the league and adrift with only 1 win this season. Great plan! :-) im waiting for it all too fall into place :-)

Comment

Originally posted by QPR Richard View Post
                      When you and the other doom merchants provide evidence to show we're heading for disaster then perhaps I'll take notice of you. Have you got relevant evidence? Have you seen the club accounts? Have you seen the business plan?

Far too many people are intent on slagging off the chairman when they have no idea of how he is running the club. From what I've seen, he's invested in the team, is building a new training ground and academy, and is planning a new stadium. Yes, he's doing a terrible job.

Allow the board to get on with running the club and could I suggest you get on with supporting the team?
                      We're bottom of the league and regardless of any structured argument placed before you, you seem intent to see what you want to, either way, in terms of debating Tony Fernandes successes and failures with you, I'm done.

Comment

Originally posted by Sotonsuperhoop View Post
                        TF is a great guy, a successful businessman in some quarters but since he arrived is he not really just a 'kid with a new toy'?

He's bought ,or backed mangers, when buying donkeys, talked the talk, walked the walk, but when all is said and done has he been a success? Does he really know what to do with a football team?

The Thompson's were hated by most but they did okay by our team until the last few months , Chris Wright did what he could, and with hindsight were FB and BE all that bad?

Thing is we were more successful under these people than we are under TF. I fear for the longevity of the club and are not convinced by all this talk of staying around even when we are relegated. Successful people do not back losers for long, and lets face it were aren't exactly going places. If it starts to cost him more than his pocket money he'll move on, cut his loses etc.

New training grounds,new stadiums are all very good if your successful on the field of play, we're not so what happens when he leaves?

I like him very much, like his enthusiasm, links and drinks with the fans etc etc, but i'm not sure in the long run he's right for us

Am I alone in this?
                        Yes very alone

Comment

as i said befor loads of rumours that TF is the front man for a consortium of super rich malays.Personally dont care either way as they all seem to have us in their best thoughts.
                          Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Dreaming of relegation haha?

I like to think that surely Fernandes will get some respectable and knowledgeable footballing advisor's around him next year so this doesn't happen again.

EDIT: @QPR71, Fernandes brought in the majority of the players. Hughes' choices were Onuoha, Zamora, Nelsen etc. Fernandes brought in Granero, Park, Bosingwa, Julio Cesar, M'Bia, Cisse, Fabio etc. Now not all of them are unmitigated disasters, but realistically how many of them were worth signing? I look forward to your response.
                            And your source for this claim is what?

Comment

well if TF isn't the right man for us and you are so unhappy with him I suggest you dip your hand in your wallet, pull out a hundred odd million to buy the club and then another 50 odd million to make the next round of investment. What was that? Oh, you don't have a pot to p*ss in? In that case unless you know someone else who does have the money and the inclination to buy a struggling football club then can I suggest you would be better off getting behind those who are bankrolling the club rather than permanently moaning? Its these kind of fans that drove away Chris Wright and if they aren't careful will drive away our best owner since Chairman Jim.
                              Last edited by stainrodisalegend; 30-12-2012, 01:35 AM.

Comment

TF is a likeable chap whether he can make this work remains to be seen. The club has tried to run before it can walk and we are now witnessing a quite frankly embarassing season. TF said he will stay if we go down, he also said MH wouldnt get the sack. He was out voted once and could be again if the rest don't fancy the footing the bill in the Championship.

Does he always have to wear that bloody red cap? Why not wear the "Proud to be super dooper hooper" one from the membership packs.
                                Last edited by EYR; 30-12-2012, 01:38 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X