Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Much as we all love him is TF really what we need?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wish people would pay attention to what Tony has said. He is on record as saying the wage bill has been reduced, and that relegation has been factored into the business plan.

Now the detractors have a choice here. They can believe what he says, or they can produce evidence to show relegation will cripple us and perhaps put us into administration.

Which is it to be? Either put up or shut up.
    Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Originally posted by Ric-Roc View Post
      He is great for us & will be greater given time.

Make no bones about it Fernandes knows he's made mistakes but the secret to being successful is not making the same mistakes twice. Stay up, keep Harry & watch this club grow at pace.
      This. I think TF is exactly what we need tbh.
      You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by Deise hoop View Post
        Top man,with deep pockets.i thank god he's with QPR.Under hughes he was given some bad advice.it wont happen again under Arrry.onwards i say.
        He hasn't got deep pockets when it comes to bankrolling a PL club. He actually has less money than Abramovich and the Arabs have spent in less than 2 seasons each. Not sure where people get this deluded idea that he is a billionaire from. All the money is not coming from Tony's pockets. 100%.
        Last edited by silvercue; 29-12-2012, 02:39 PM.
        twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

Isn't he worth around £200m? Pennies in PL owner terms.

Comment

Originally posted by silvercue View Post
            He hasn't got deep pockets when it comes to bankrolling a PL club. He actually has less money than Abramovich and the Arabs have spent in less than 2 seasons each. Not sure where people get this deluded idea that he is a billionaire from. All the money is not coming from Tony's pockets. 100%.
            I'd take Tony over Abramovich every time. Yes, the Russkie might have more money, but Tony understands us fans and is open with us. Chelski may have had a lot of success in recent years, but they've lost whatever soul they may have once had.
            Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

IMO the club is lucky to have TF and HR too.
              A bit naive/unlucky/over trusting with Hughes but has got the right man now.
              It does look like the summer contracts will be a drain. But a drain and going bust are not the same at all.
              If I was betting on it I fancy him and Harry to turn things around actually with some astute January business.

Comment

TF has done everything he said he would. he is fantastic. he has stated he backs the club financially and apart from that he is a fan. true, it turns out he hired MH who couldnt get the team working, in hindsight
                TF made a mistake with that, but its not a blameworthy mistake. it seemed like a good appointment to most including me and with a bit more luck could have worked, i now conclude harrys better but he
                wasnt available and as MH said other managers werent exactly beating down our doors. the traing ground and no doubt the stadium will happen, TF put his money where his mouth is on the pitch, even though
                some seems to have been wasted, he has stated he wont be running away and will work tirelessly (cant spell that) to rectify the situation. his most recent statement is that as chaimen the buck stops with
                him. what else could any one ask of him. he is magnificent and a huge man imo. just cant beleive he gets critisism (are words getting harder to spell?)

Comment

Tony's job is to back the club with money and improve our facilities ect.
                  Training ground in the works.
                  Stadium in the works.
                  New youth set up.
                  New scouting setup.
                  Tony has backed people who have a proven track record Hughes and mike rigg. Can you blame him for putting his trust in two well respected football people in the business ? No Ofcourse you can't anybody would have done the same.
                  So what has tony done wrong? Trusted and backed the wrong people.
                  We was all happy when rigg turned up wasn't we because of his knowledge same with Hughes so what makes tony any different from us ? Nothing like all of us he has been let down by these two people.

Comment

Tony....I love him and we are so lucky to have him.

Comment

Originally posted by QPR Richard View Post
                      I'd take Tony over Abramovich every time. Yes, the Russkie might have more money, but Tony understands us fans and is open with us. Chelski may have had a lot of success in recent years, but they've lost whatever soul they may have once had.
                      Not saying I would prefer anyone to TF, just trying to point out he isn't the billionaire people seem to think he is. As for Chelsea losing their "soul" - what a load of nonsense. Same sort of rubbish that people on this board will say about QPR because we have fans from Poland and now S. Korea.
                      twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

Originally posted by Ric-Roc View Post
                        Isn't he worth around £200m? Pennies in PL owner terms.

The fact most fans seem to forget is that he is actually part of a consortium of 3 than own the approx 66% stake... it's not all his. They are each worth around the £300m mark, so near enough £1bn between them. He just happens to be the front man, face, spokesman for the group. Media have then taken from that he is the majority shareholder, which technically speaking is incorrect. The consortium has approx 66% and majority stake, but only 22% each, whereas Mittal has approx 33%.

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post
                          The fact most fans seem to forget is that he is actually part of a consortium of 3 than own the approx 66% stake... it's not all his. They are each worth around the £300m mark, so near enough £1bn between them. He just happens to be the front man, face, spokesman for the group. Media have then taken from that he is the majority shareholder, which technically speaking is incorrect. The consortium has approx 66% and majority stake, but only 22% each, whereas Mittal has approx 33%.

TF is closer to 500 mill but is making money fast. his partner in TUNE im guessing is a similar amount because they invest and build everything together. the third consortium member i get the impression has a bit more wedge than TF

Comment

Originally posted by QPR71 View Post
                            TF is closer to 500 mill
                            where did you get that info from? You are thinking dollars, which is what Forbes etc use. He is worth between $400 and $470m, so half what you are saying.
                            twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

Originally posted by silvercue View Post
                              where did you get that info from? You are thinking dollars, which is what Forbes etc use. He is worth between $400 and $470m, so half what you are saying.
                              true it is dollars.

forbes listed him 2 or 3 years ago at 400. so im assuming since his companies are growing he's at about 500$ or as you point out £250.
                              but its not only how much you have but what you are willing to spend. TF is enthusiastic to say the least.

also i think TUNE group plan what amounts to a combined record and publishing company plus the live venues. ie certain multi purpose arenas.
                              he's clever with business. some costs are set against companies and not personal wealth as they are dual purpose, also clubs are trying to move towards
                              financial restraint. the game is changing in that respect. Man U top club cant afford ronaldo...no one wants to think about torres at 50mill. southern euro clubs are going to
                              struggle financially big time for the foreseeable. in short the QPR boys have enough of the folding in their wallets....

Comment

What i dont get is ,people dont wont to allow any criticism of TF on this site ,or to show any worry for the future of the club under him.
                                Personally ,i`m still concerned that if we are relegated ,he will walk ,( no matter what he says at the moment, because he is hardly likely to say he will now ,is he ? )
                                and that will leave us in major trouble.
                                I am well aware TF has done his best so far ,and we couldn`t ask any more from a chairman . But i think people have the right to be concerned.
                                Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

Working...
                                X