Robbie Savage criticising Harry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robbie Savage criticising Harry

It was on the BBC Live Football page yesterday, they seem to tidy it up once the day has gone, and it is no longer there now. But Robbie was saying Harry is wrong to criticise the players on big salaries in public as it can backfire, and that Harry himself bought players at Pompey who were flops.

Did anyone else see that too?

I hate Savage, he hated us until his good mate Hughes took over and backed us until he was sacked. Don't listen to him!
    "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

He is a friend of MH, HR didn't blame MH he put the blame squarly on the players so I don't know why he feels he has to defend MH, it must be a dragon thing.
      Kept the faith!

Comment

Massive dose of the old pals brigade. Wouldn't have a word said against Huges whilst he was here and now touting him for the Blackburn job and (re) tweeting people who says Hughes is a great manager

I take anything Savage says with a pinch of salt tbh

Comment

Savage defends Mark Hughes loyally because he is his mate. Seems to me all Redknapp did was say a very toned down version of what I think many QPR fans believe.

Evidenced when LR are barracking the team and chanting "you're only here for the money" so loudly that the manager is sacked within the week. Doubt many of them are regretting hurting the players feelings.

As a manager you cannot just use the carrot all the time - sometimes you got to use the stick - helps to sort the wheat from the chaff.

Comment

He's Hughes' nark

Comment

Why does anyone listen to or read anything by Robbie Savage. The blokes a tool and clueless. It amazes me the BBC pay him to "analyse" on MOTD.... It's painful at best. Picks up on something and all you hear him say as they gfo through the clips is..."and again"...."and again"... "and again".

Idiot.

Comment

Sorry to go against the flow here but Robbie Savage is one of my favourite people in football. I used to love the battles him & Taarabt have had on the field, I used to love watching him at Birmingham & as a person he tries to annoy people but he has got some good opinions also. I bet he would be a good manager in league 1 or 2. Mind games & all that
                Under Les Ferdinand:
                Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
                Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
                Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
                Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
                And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

I think they were both at Man utd at the same time albeit Savages time at Man utd was similar to my time at Brentford ie failed trial as a 14 year old circa 1985 but I don't keep bleeping on about it(save for when I'm wasted and any one is sad/polite enough to listen). Also both of them originate from Wrexham and as we know they are tribally loyal to each other in those heathen far flung outposts of the empire.
                  Saying that savage is alright, didn't think he was a particularly good footballer and was lucky but saying that he probably made his own luck by sticking with teams where he was always the big fish and he kept himself fit. Remember hitting a night club in central london many years ago. He was there with his Leicster team and he was in full Burberry, I was with by gf now missus and what was interesting was how little he drank.
                  As to his games against us, only really remember the Adel in my pocket one and I'm not sure an experienced international (even though I think it was his retirement year) should be remembered for solely running around after a kid for 90 minutes to stop him playing, if that's the pinnacle of his career then fair enough.
                  As to the debate about MH, I think he's justified in getting involved. Arry took over and said we had a good set of players and see how it goes. Recently Arry has made remarks about our players and how they were signed, a dig at MH and his people. My view is Arry is spot on but by Arry opening up the concerns of MHs reign, IMHO makes it justifiable for MHs mates to pile in.

Comment

Can't believe anyone really gives a toss what Savage thinks.

Comment

Working...
                    X