The Man City v QPR game last season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Man City v QPR game last season

I was at the game but early this morning decided at long last to watch the whole game on the tv and was amazed at the 100% total effort the lads put in that day which was so much more evident then watching it live at the ground

After Barton was sent off it was so one sided but again and again the QPR defence held firm especially the likes of Hill and Derry plus Taiwo who was excellent

I think that pains me even more so far this season as even though for the most part we were rubbish last season the team had some real fight and desire even if were not good enough but that seems to have gone this year

If I am granted one New Year wish it would be to see the kind of display for the rest of our games this season just like we saw on that hot day back in May

Perhaps Harry shouw show the current lot the DVD?
    Last edited by IsleworthRanger; 27-12-2012, 10:03 PM.

I miss Taiwo, thought he was a good lad.

I was in Glasgow that day, remember seeing it in a pub full of Glaswegians who were cheering Man City on!

Comment

It was so hot that day. I sat and watched the whole 90 mins with my nipper on boxing day morning as it was on sky sports and you're so right isles we were fighting tooth and nail, and I still get goosebumps when we score both our goals, the mackie goal was pure bedlam made even more mental by the fact we were winning against the champions away from home with only 10 men!! Plus I got on telly for that goal . Was such a mad game and it's a horrible shame that the players never reproduced the same fight again under Hughes after that

Comment

If one more person had said to me "but for the neutral..." I would not have been responsible for my actions.
        'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Working...
        X