We need a midfielder who

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We need a midfielder who

can score from long range since our only striker cannot get many opportunities. Taarabt, Mbia and Fuarlin are simply poor in this.
    QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Lampard......

Comment

i agree how many players have we got that can acctually shoot from outside the box , i have watched most games this season (albiet online) and apart from tarrabt and the odd shot from mbia i have'nt seen any player shoot from outside the box

Comment

The hope would be that a goalscoring midfielder would strengthen the team in general, get goals, and take pressure off the strikers.
        Lampard and Cole have been rumored and fit the bill.
        Although the focus is on strikers, and definitely they are needed, midfielders who can score are a vital part of modern football too.

Comment

Originally posted by zeberdee View Post
          The hope would be that a goalscoring midfielder would strengthen the team in general, get goals, and take pressure off the strikers.
          Lampard and Cole have been rumored and fit the bill.
          Although the focus is on strikers, and definitely they are needed, midfielders who can score are a vital part of modern football too.

Agreed. And just like what i.e. Meireles did for Liverpool.
          QPR
          Best team in the world
          Sort of

Comment

We need a strong central defender and a striker more than any kind of midfielder.
            'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Originally posted by dsqpr View Post
              We need a strong central defender and a striker more than any kind of midfielder.
              Letīs buy a kinderegg then!!:pleasantsuprise:
              QPR
              Best team in the world
              Sort of

Comment

Exactly this.
                Sometimes, I think Queen's Park Rangers are going for some kind of new Guinness book of records inclusion, the most midfielders of any club anywhere else in the world.
                Up top, at the back, those are the areas where the reasons lie for our lowly league position.
                We don't score enough, and we can't keep enough out.
                Strikers and defenders have to be top priority.

Comment

In broad brush strokes that is right. Score more and concede less = CD + CF.

But then you get into detail and think, for example, well getting another Cisse type striker is not much use - currently he is a passenger because he is no lone striker and under serviced. So one of the routes to more goals would be to improve his supply line from the current level of almost zero to an acceptable level. BTW I am no big fan of Cisse just thinking of paths of least resistance. There are two places to improve his supply - flick ons from target/holdup striker and also better through balls from midfield than he currently gets. That is one way that better midfield gets more goals.

Then also just about any striker in the modern game can be isolated and defended against unless you get up to the Drogba/Messi level. So actually if all the goal threat is based on one or two strikers then the oppositions job is that much simpler. Midfielders who can score goals mess up their plans by arriving late into the box making them difficult to pick up and defend against. So again that is another avenue to get goals from midfield.

That is just a bit about the goals side of it anyway.

TLDR; So it might well be that adding Dawson/Lampard/Cole/(Drog)Ba adds more goals to the side than Dawson/Bent/Crouch/DJ would.

Comment

Good points Zeberdee, I can't disagree. I just think we need to stop signing midfielders and instead focus on our weaker areas. I also think we would have more goal threat from our existing midfielders if they were encouraged to get forward more. And our existing midfield should be more than good enough to supply Cisse with the use of better tactics and (for Cisse) a rudimentary understanding of the offside rule. I agree that playing Cisse as a lone striker is not working very well.

For me, our #1 priority needs to be a big strong centre back.
                    'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Working...
                    X