No announcement yet.

I feel really sorry for Green - the goal WAS his fault

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Imagine he took a step back to give himself a running jump. A standing jump and he could of got hurt. You can't blame Green for a dismal decision. Watch us get given everything on Sunday as the refs club try to makes amends.

Comment

Originally posted by supahoopsaaa View Post
      Imagine he took a step back to give himself a running jump. A standing jump and he could of got hurt. You can't blame Green for a dismal decision. Watch us get given everything on Sunday as the refs club try to makes amends.
      yes you can because as a goalkeeper thats what he is being paid for! it was a bad decision and because of it it cost us a goal and the game...Green's fault.

Comment

Wrong. Ref cost us the decision by not awarding a clear foul then not awarding a blatant handball on Ridgewell although his hands were above his head! That's what cost us the game.

Comment

As much as Green is at fault I will never be convinced that the foul which wasn't called was the cause of the ball going in the net, he butt checked Green just as he was making contact with the ball!
          @gatorTFC

Comment

Anyone that has played football at any level will know that it was a clear foul and a very poor decision that should demote the ref imo.

After seeing Fergie go mental at the ref for making what was clearly the correct decision, the worlds gone mad.

If you watch our game, the players back is arched and he is leaning into our keeper clearly obstructing him to getting to the ball, why couldn't he just stand up straight because he wanted an advantage. Sometimes you see too much protection for goal keepers but this was clearly the reverse. No need for an argument because I am just following the rules so people like Marsh need to calm down a little.
            I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Couldn't agree more we. So obvious it's embarrassing.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                Anyone that has played football at any level will know that it was a clear foul and a very poor decision that should demote the ref imo.

After seeing Fergie go mental at the ref for making what was clearly the correct decision, the worlds gone mad.

If you watch our game, the players back is arched and he is leaning into our keeper clearly obstructing him to getting to the ball, why couldn't he just stand up straight because he wanted an advantage. Sometimes you see too much protection for goal keepers but this was clearly the reverse. No need for an argument because I am just following the rules so people like Marsh need to calm down a little.

But it wasn't clear foul.

I keep hearing obstruction, but it isn't. If a corner is played in and the ball is in the air, and the keeper comes for it but can't get to it because there is a striker in the way, is it obstruction? Of course not.

If the ball is going out for a goalkick and a defender is shepherding it out, is it obstruction because the defender is not attempting to play the ball? Of course not.

Exactly how much did their striker back in? I think it was very little, probably half a yard, so for people to come here and say it was a blatant foul, that is just so not true. Yes, it might have been a foul, but to try and say it was a stonewall foul, sorry, I disagree.

PS, referees are taught to overprotect keepers, so they would say it was a foul.

Comment

Marshy to be fair you are wasted on here as you know much more about the rules of the game than two top ex Premiership referees who both clearly stated it was obstruction on Green.

Just saying.

Comment

Originally posted by Marshy View Post
                    But it wasn't clear foul.

I keep hearing obstruction, but it isn't. If a corner is played in and the ball is in the air, and the keeper comes for it but can't get to it because there is a striker in the way, is it obstruction? Of course not.

If the ball is going out for a goalkick and a defender is shepherding it out, is it obstruction because the defender is not attempting to play the ball? Of course not.

Exactly how much did their striker back in? I think it was very little, probably half a yard, so for people to come here and say it was a blatant foul, that is just so not true. Yes, it might have been a foul, but to try and say it was a stonewall foul, sorry, I disagree.

PS, referees are taught to overprotect keepers, so they would say it was a foul.
                    You're not determining whether the acts are deliberate or accidental.
                    The player had ZERO intention of playing the ball and his only clear intention was to make life impossible for Green.
                    You can't back into a keeper without the ball. Goalkeepers also can't be compared to outfield players.
                    I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by Marshy View Post
                      I feel really bad, he has been putting in some good performances, and working hard. But having looked at the goal on MOTD, I agree with Shearer. Green's positioning was awful, and their striker was just standing his ground. Green should have realised he was behind the goal and instead of trying to tip it over, he should have punched it out.
                      So the striker is a hunchback is he? He was sticking his a*se out and pushing back into Green. Yes I think Green should have stuck his knee in his back or jumped raked his studs down his calf but he didn't but was fouled.If you watched motd you will see the striker put his hand behind his back to feel where Green was.....Shearer is a man who thinks it was acceptable to kick a fello pro in the face who was on the floor so wouldn't take too much notice of him

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                        You're not determining whether the acts are deliberate or accidental.
                        The player had ZERO intention of playing the ball and his only clear intention was to make life impossible for Green.
                        You can't back into a keeper without the ball. Goalkeepers also can't be compared to outfield players.
                        I agree. But you CAN stand your ground. So it's not a case of whether he was obstructing the keeper or not (as some are claiming). There was NO obstruction. It's whether or not it was a foul. And I agree he backed in, so technically it was a foul. But it wasn't a blatant foul, he backed in about half a yard as far as I saw.

In any case, Green is to blame for letting himself get into that situation in the first place and then not dealing with it better.

Comment

For those who haven't had this view of it, take a good look and tell me the striker didn't foul Green just as he's about to play the ball! It's the 3rd post down!

http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/f...-blunder/page2
                          @gatorTFC

Comment

A foul is a foul.

Obstruction is obstruction.

Too many people here unnecessarily over-complicating a straight-forward scenario.

Green's starting position, whether he was aggressive enough or not etc etc is entirely moot.

Comment

So marshy your saying it was a foul but not a blatant foul?

Well to me that spells foul no matter what.

Comment

Originally posted by gator View Post
                                For those who haven't had this view of it, take a good look and tell me the striker didn't foul Green just as he's about to play the ball! It's the 3rd post down!

http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/f...-blunder/page2
                                Unbelievable. Striker didn't jump, didn't attempt to jump just backed in and at the perfect time an #### nudge to see the ball home. FOUL

Comment

Working...
                                X