Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Del View Post
    Wrong.

Think about it for a second.... to punch it he'd only need to reach the side of the ball nearest to him.

To flap at it and claw it back into the goal, which he did spectacularly, he had to reach the far side of the ball.

Basically he should've, and could've punched it after getting himself in the stupid predicament in the first place.
    Del, you can't jump when you take steps back and someone pushes you backwards.
    A goalkeeper should never be inside his own goal. I don't understand why someone cannot admit that.
    So Green made a mistake, like referee and assistant.

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post
      Del, you can't jump when you take steps back and someone pushes you backwards.
      A goalkeeper should never be inside his own goal. I don't understand why someone cannot admit that.
      So Green made a mistake, like referee and assistant.

You say that like i'm defending him.... I've said all along he screwed up big time.

As for jumping, i never mentioned jumping... instead saying he should've punched the ball not clawed it back trying to get it over the bar. If he could do that, he could've punched it quite easilly regardless of the nudge.

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post
        You say that like i'm defending him.... I've said all along he screwed up big time.

As for jumping, i never mentioned jumping... instead saying he should've punched the ball not clawed it back trying to get it over the bar. If he could do that, he could've punched it quite easilly regardless of the nudge.
        The first line was for you, the other ones for the discussion in general. I think if he had tried to punch the ball it would have dropped only 2-3 yards away. So I think it was as bad option than trying to get it over the bar.

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post
          The first line was for you, the other ones for the discussion in general. I think if he had tried to punch the ball it would have dropped only 2-3 yards away. So I think it was as bad option than trying to get it over the bar.
          Doc punching it 2 or 3 yards would at least have kept it out the goal and given us a chance to scramble for it, block it or even see them put it wide or over the bar. Trying to put the ball over the bar when your inside your goal and under your bar is just stupid and the reason I am so upset with his efforts.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
            Doc punching it 2 or 3 yards would at least have kept it out the goal and given us a chance to scramble for it, block it or even see them put it wide or over the bar. Trying to put the ball over the bar when your inside your goal and under your bar is just stupid and the reason I am so upset with his efforts.
            Yes, he made a mistake. But also Cesar has made mistakes. Cesar is quite poor with crosses and that may be one reason we conceded so many goals from corners and set pieces. Green has been good with those, better than Cesar and that's why i would start him.

Comment

Working...
            X