January 5th it gets interesting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• January 5th it gets interesting

January 5th is FA Cup 3rd Round day and by that day I think most of the new signings that are going to be done will be done or announced.

Some fresh blood and enthusiasm and quality will be in the team for the subsequent EPL games -
    Home vs Tottenham on January 14th, Away at West Ham on January 19th, and so on.

Hughes left too many supporting actors and not enough star quality. Sprinkle 4 new faces in there and I think the team will be decent enough to win a few and things will look very different - might even survive... just about. The Great Escape eh.

Until then I don't expect much - the current squad just cannot do much more.

The only interesting thing is the records we set as the crappiest premiership team in history.

Comment

Originally posted by acricketer View Post
      The only interesting thing is the records we set as the crappiest premiership team in history.
      Looking at the squad that Hughes/Riggs/Fernandes assembled and the results so far that will happen.

But the club decided to try to avoid relegation and bringing some good players in would mean less reliance on the Hughes squad.

Dawson, Lampard, Cole, Bent, Anelka, KenwynneJones, Hooper, Remy have been mentioned - just a few of those would make for a massive improvement if done.

If the club wanted to surrender already they appointed the wrong manager.

Comment

If we do buy some players please for the love of god put relegation salary/release clauses in

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
          If we do buy some players please for the love of god put relegation salary/release clauses in
          Agreed 100% - but that should have been done in the summer too. The club had its pants pulled down.

Comment

Originally posted by zeberdee View Post
            Agreed 100% - but that should have been done in the summer too. The club had its pants pulled down.
            True mate so its time we started to pull them back up.

It may not make a huge difference but it would be the first step in the club/owners saying we have dropped a few clangers but from this point forth this is how were doing our business. Fit in with our structure or we'll look elsewhere (think we made a start with Dawson start of the season if what we hear is true)

Comment

Originally posted by zeberdee View Post
              Looking at the squad that Hughes/Riggs/Fernandes assembled and the results so far that will happen.

But the club decided to try to avoid relegation and bringing some good players in would mean less reliance on the Hughes squad.

Dawson, Lampard, Cole, Bent, Anelka, KenwynneJones, Hooper, Remy have been mentioned - just a few of those would make for a massive improvement if done.

If the club wanted to surrender already they appointed the wrong manager.
              I think by the time we get to January the plan will change. When Harry came in the board probably hoped for more than we will end up with (6 points probably). I would be clearing out as much ****e as possible because we have more chance of survival and a better side if we do go down. Win/Win

Comment

Working...
              X