January dealings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ric-Roc View Post
    Shocking. They are on par with bankers. Pay offs & bonuses regardless.
    Absolutely correct.

However, in my opinion, a lot of this nonsense is down to clueless football club owners who allow contracts to be offered to players because they are desperate. Same as they do with their managers.

Can think of a couple of teams who we have shared a division with for at least the third season running, who get a manager who can coach and manage rather than blindly spend other people's money. They then get players whose priority is to play football in a team with the hope that in doing so will produce reasonable performances and subsequently never be in threat of relegation. Managers and players earning far, far less than they do at Rangers.

Hence, we are now relying on Reading, Wigan, Villa and Southampton to do considerably worse than us due to our inability to sort ourselves out. Cannot believe it is happening all over again.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich View Post
      Then we go out and bring in young, hungry Championship players
      Sorry but I keep seeing this this young hungry players mantra as some cure all and it just ignores reality imo.

Villa are trying this route now, losing 4-0 and 8-0, and these young hungry players are being destroyed.

The youngest hungriest player at QPR is a 35 year old Ryan Nelsen which shows that age is not the key.

Give Redknapp a chance to do his stuff how he wants. Not his fault that the club made such a balls up in the summer is it.

He is left with the job of cleaning up the mess after the party when all the guests have gone home. Let him do it.

Comment

Originally posted by zeberdee View Post
        Sorry but I keep seeing this this young hungry players mantra as some cure all and it just ignores reality imo.

Villa are trying this route now, losing 4-0 and 8-0, and these young hungry players are being destroyed.

The youngest hungriest player at QPR is a 35 year old Ryan Nelsen which shows that age is not the key.

Give Redknapp a chance to do his stuff how he wants. Not his fault that the club made such a balls up in the summer is it.

He is left with the job of cleaning up the mess after the party when all the guests have gone home. Let him do it.
        Very good points, we are in lots of trouble but Harry should be given a chance to try to get us out of it, that's why the owners brought him in isn't it?
        @gatorTFC

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
          out with the mercenaries and in with..........

harriman, elmah, sharif, chaplow, turner, beccio, rose, andrade, dj, cattermole etc etc
          Is this preparing for the Championship or League One?

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
            Absolutely correct.

However, in my opinion, a lot of this nonsense is down to clueless football club owners who allow contracts to be offered to players because they are desperate. Same as they do with their managers.

Can think of a couple of teams who we have shared a division with for at least the third season running, who get a manager who can coach and manage rather than blindly spend other people's money. They then get players whose priority is to play football in a team with the hope that in doing so will produce reasonable performances and subsequently never be in threat of relegation. Managers and players earning far, far less than they do at Rangers.

Hence, we are now relying on Reading, Wigan, Villa and Southampton to do considerably worse than us due to our inability to sort ourselves out. Cannot believe it is happening all over again.
            I agree to an extent but fans want it both ways. Just remember what it has been like on here when we don't think the owners are getting their cheque book out. Who would be an owner?

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
              I agree to an extent but fans want it both ways. Just remember what it has been like on here when we don't think the owners are getting their cheque book out. Who would be an owner?
              My point was not about not spending money. It was about spending it wisely.

A better run club would have got better, more committed players, for far less outlay.

Not a dig at TF either. Sure, he's made mistakes, but we all do that. Just hope he doesn't continue making the same ones.

Comment

Working...
              X