January dealings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• January dealings

So, we're still 5 points off the drop after a disappointing 70 minutes from most players. Positives? SWP seems to be getting a bit better, Hill did a good job on Lukaku, Traore looked ok and Mackie harried their left backs (plural because he injured one of them lol) into mistakes but no-one bust a gut to get into the box.....

I left the ground feeling that we are as good as down. Not negative, just taking a rational think based on performances, results and the fact that we have won only 1 game all season.

So, what do Harry and the owners do in January? I would be looking to get rid of as many of the big earners as possible. If another club shows an interest, bite their arm off. I mean any of the big earners, no exceptions. If there are bad apples, like Bosingwa just get shot, do a deal with another club or simply a deal with the player to get shot, cut losses and get them out of the club. I would send Fabio back to Man Utd if possible, not because he is any worse than most the others but we don't need loanees here now. I think we could probably shift Bosingwa plus another 1 or 2 out the door. Then we go out and bring in young, hungry Championship players, 2 forwards and a CB.

We are then better equiped for life in the Championship or if the team stay up we are on our way to doing it the right way as we will have part of the job done before the summer!

Not F-ing wrong mate

Comment

Not bad thinking but will be hard to shift people like bosingwa. Also I still feel we will stay up

Comment

out with the mercenaries and in with..........

harriman, elmah, sharif, chaplow, turner, beccio, rose, andrade, dj, cattermole etc etc
        nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Originally posted by qblockoompah View Post
          Not bad thinking but will be hard to shift people like bosingwa. Also I still feel we will stay up
          Won't be that hard if we tell him he either leaves or doesn't ever play for us again, depends how he wants to end his career then but I think he would walk.

Comment

It's easy to shift players. Example below:

HR - Jose, you have been shocking and your attitude stinks, we want you to leave
            JB - but I have just signed a 3 year contract, 4 months ago so you owe me £2m
            HR - We will find you another club or offer you £1m upfront for you to **** off
            JB - ok

Comment

Originally posted by Rich View Post
              It's easy to shift players. Example below:

HR - Jose, you have been shocking and your attitude stinks, we want you to leave
              JB - but I have just signed a 3 year contract, 4 months ago so you owe me £2m
              HR - We will find you another club or offer you £1m upfront for you to **** off
              JB - ok
              supposedly going to get £8 million if we pay him up or transfer list him of our own accord. sort of player who will happily pick his dough up whilst training with the ressies

Comment

With Bosingwa its our own bloody fault. TF and Beard were f u ckin mental to give him a contract as big as they did, absolute madness. And they are supposed to be clever businessmen?

Comment

Agreed, left the ground yesterday and said that result will be the one that sends us down. Our mind set in January will now be "who can we get off the books?" rather than thinking about bringing in lads in who can keep us up, and rightfully so. We are in a hell of a mess and not even Harry Redknapp can save us.

Comment

No one has their contracts paid up anymore unless they are a very special case. Don't even worry about that.
                    twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

Surely refusing to be a sub is breach of contract? Why is there no protection for the clubs? You refuse to play but still get paid all season, disgusting! If I don't go work , I don't get paid

Comment

Originally posted by 1cliveallen View Post
                        supposedly going to get £8 million if we pay him up or transfer list him of our own accord. sort of player who will happily pick his dough up whilst training with the ressies
                        I realised after I had mis-calculated. My sub conscious thought it was £65k a month...............hence £2m (32 months left at £65k a month)

Comment

Originally posted by qblockoompah View Post
                          Surely refusing to be a sub is breach of contract? Why is there no protection for the clubs? You refuse to play but still get paid all season, disgusting! If I don't go work , I don't get paid
                          Was fined the max 2 weeks wages. Over protected by the pfa. Should be a sackable offence.

Comment

Originally posted by Ric-Roc View Post
                            Was fined the max 2 weeks wages. Over protected by the pfa. Should be a sackable offence.
                            Unreal init. If my boss told me to go to a meeting and I turned around and said "nah sorry boss don't fancy that today, I'm going home" I'd get the tim tack there & then.
                            You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Shocking. They are on par with bankers. Pay offs & bonuses regardless.

Comment

Working...
                              X