No announcement yet.

Taarabt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And I like how the fact that Adel hasn't been signed by Barcelona yet is somehow turned into something to use against him. Like teams at the bottom of the league are regularly fighting off Real Madrid and AC Milan bids for their players. You don't have to be good enough for Barca to play for QPR...

Comment

Originally posted by Geng View Post
      Adel has 4 goals in 14 starts this season.

Only nine midfielders have scored more goals than him this season. And that includes Walters, Michu and Walcott who could easily be classed as strikers anyway. And most of those didn't get dropped for five matches earlier in the season.

What sort of end product do you want?

Adel has created the third most chances from open play in the Premier League this season. Pienaar and Suarez were the only players who had created more (as of a month or so ago). This is end product.
      I believe that to be a very succinct answer to the "what has he done, not what will he do" question.

Anyway, the point is that I don't think anyone here really thinks that he is a fantastic all round player, we know he is not. He frsutrates the hell out of me at times, but without him in the side we create virtuallly nothing, as people like Hoillett, SWP, Granero, Diakite etc, have not stepped up to the plate in that regard.

Look at the West Ham game for example. we had not had a shot before he came on when we were 2-0 down, and we almost got a point(most probably would have done if Diakite had not got sent off) through the half hour that he played.

He also has created numerous other assists that have not been finished, like Mackie against Sunderland, Park against Villa. Those alone would have got us an additional 4 points.

Comment

He also has created numerous other assists that have not been finished, like Mackie against Sunderland, Park against Villa. Those alone would have got us an additional 4 points.

Also if he'd (Adel) had sored against stoke and Reading when clean though with open goals that might have got us another 5 pts
        I like Adel I think he's probanly the most gifted player to play for us on 25-30 years but one thing people cant deny is he's wasteful.

Comment

Originally posted by dave58 View Post

Also if he'd (Adel) had sored against stoke and Reading when clean though with open goals that might have got us another 5 pts
          I like Adel I think he's probanly the most gifted player to play for us on 25-30 years but one thing people cant deny is he's wasteful.
          I was just penning something similar and you forgot the tap in v Everton so its 7 points plus a few occasions were he could/should have rolled the ball to others in better positions.

People are so wrapped up with what he can do the dont actually see what he does and although Adel is a better player than last season, he is still only average but would be so much better if he did the simple things and got his head up and passed.

Ps: as pointed out, I forgot Adel's goal v west ham, so its 6 goals and assists in 16 months. Where as Mackie has 10 goals and similar assist and is deemed no good eough.
          Last edited by paulmason; 28-12-2012, 09:49 AM.

Comment

The problem with Adel right now is he's believing his own hype again and starting to play for himself not the team.

As for chances created, i'm sure those stats include corners, and we all know 99% of them and his FK's have been diabolical.

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post
              The problem with Adel right now is he's believing his own hype again and starting to play for himself not the team.

As for chances created, i'm sure those stats include corners, and we all know 99% of them and his FK's have been diabolical.
              100% correct. Under MH, i said on numerous accasions how good he was and how much of a team player he was becoming (never got any abuse then, funny that) but against Newcastle and West Brom, he reverted to type which is a shame but i guess some people on here prefer sole roles and stepovers to points.

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post

I agree, and if he continues to act like that then needs to be dropped. However, if that happens we don't really have anyone to change a game, or create something out of nothing, which is what we need as we don't have the team to dominate others and continually create chances.

Comment

Originally posted by paulmason View Post
                  I was just penning something similar and you forgot the tap in v Everton so its 7 points plus a few occasions were he could/should have rolled the ball to others in better positions.

People are so wrapped up with what he can do the dont actually see what he does and although Adel is a better player than last season, he is still only average but would be so much better if he did the simple things and got his head up and passed.

Ps: as pointed out, I forgot Adel's goal v west ham, so its 6 goals and assists in 16 months. Where as Mackie has 10 goals and similar assist and is deemed no good eough.
                  That is why I stated above that he is not an all round player, however who is going to create chances in his absence as I am assuming you want him to be dropped? I would like to see the stats on our other midfielders, I doubt they have created more than 10 chances between them. Not forgetting that he is our joint top goalscorer

Comment

Originally posted by THE CAT View Post
                    That is why I stated above that he is not an all round player, however who is going to create chances in his absence as I am assuming you want him to be dropped? I would like to see the stats on our other midfielders, I doubt they have created more than 10 chances between them. Not forgetting that he is our joint top goalscorer
                    Dont want him dropped, want him to pass the ball and Granero would be the perfect replacement for him (and passes the ball) if he is dropped and to be blunt, Granero was good enough to play for Real Madrid, Adel isn't.

Comment

• Originally posted by THE CAT View Post
                      I love the way people keep coming on here quoting stats on what he's done. what about the stats on what he's not done? missing chances, not passing to players in a better position and the amount of times he gives the ball away needlessly. I was at Sunderland that horrible night and beleive me he was the worst player on our team closely followed by Cisse and must have given the ball away 75% of the time

Comment

• Originally posted by paulmason View Post
                        Dont want him dropped, want him to pass the ball and Granero would be the perfect replacement for him (and passes the ball) if he is dropped and to be blunt, Granero was good enough to play for Real Madrid, Adel isn't.
                        To be honest Granero, when he has played recently, looks like someone that clearly could not care less. Demotivated, shrugs his shoulders when he loses the ball and doesn't show any amount of fight. Not what you need when straring relegation in the face like we are

As for saying about what has Adel done this season not what he could do, how about applying this to Granero, what has he actually done since he has been with us? Not what he could do, or did at Real Madrid.

I'd say that he has had a considerable more amount of game time than Adel, and not created or scored anyhwere near what he has.

Comment

• Originally posted by dave58 View Post
                          I love the way people keep coming on here quoting stats on what he's done. what about the stats on what he's not done? missing chances, not passing to players in a better position and the amount of times he gives the ball away needlessly. I was at Sunderland that horrible night and beleive me he was the worst player on our team closely followed by Cisse and must have given the ball away 75% of the time
                          Not sure where you can get stats on what people haven't done but as I have said before he is not the all round player. I know that he does give the ball away needlessly(although saying that, so do most of the team) and is sometimes greedy. However he is,I believe, the best out of what we have when it comes to creating something and enabling us to actually win a game or two.

Sunderland was shoite admittedly but didn't he create the only decent opportunity, that Mackie should have scored from?

Comment

• Originally posted by dave58 View Post
                            The best stat touted last season by Ric-Roc and his crew, as to why Adel should start games was that he had the most shots in the PL at some stage, but got all precious when others pointed out the most important stat that 90+% of the shots were not on target.

The only stat that matters is points on the board and any other stat can be twisted to suit an argument.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marshy View Post
                              A few minutes ago he was not going to the ACN because he is not good enough, now it is because of his attitude - make your mind up.
                              A combination of the two?

Comment

• Originally posted by paulmason View Post
                                I would have Granero all day long as he gets his head up, passes and does thins simple, but I accept for some on here that a player that played for Real Madrid is not as good as payer that will never play for them, if you gat what I mean.
                                I tend to agree with this. And out of all our midfielders I'd say he concedes possession the least.

Comment

Working...
                                X