No announcement yet.

Green makes great saves but still makes but still makes blunder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

out muscled and was a foul but still should have done more other than palm it in

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post
      Matty , you dont know this. Also you slate anyone critical of Green, yet are the exact same with regards to Cesar of late. The other day you slated him for Vaz Te's goal for West Ham which was deflected a couple of feet in front of him and left him no chance.
      I don't "slate" anybody - I put across a fair and backed up argument defending green when I feel he gets unjust criticism , especially in comparison to Cesar who can do no wrong in some people's eyes.

And if you go back and read my posts you're talking about you'll see I didn't slate cesar for that goal at all - I queried whether he should have done better as it looked very soft to me. Again if you go and read the posts you're referring to then you'll see I made a point of saying I rate cesar as a keeper and didn't want to be seen to be digging him out, but I was simply making the point that he gets away with so much more than green with some of our fans purely because he is a fashionable name that's come from a big European club. Cesar has let in some proper soft goals for us.
      You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Was clearly a foul. Goal should not have stood. He also made some great stops.

I still never feel comfortable with him in goal though. Not sure our defenders do either. Think Cesar should get the nod.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
          I don't "slate" anybody - I put across a fair and backed up argument defending green when I feel he gets unjust criticism , especially in comparison to Cesar who can do no wrong in some people's eyes.

And if you go back and read my posts you're talking about you'll see I didn't slate cesar for that goal at all - I queried whether he should have done better as it looked very soft to me. Again if you go and read the posts you're referring to then you'll see I made a point of saying I rate cesar as a keeper and didn't want to be seen to be digging him out, but I was simply making the point that he gets away with so much more than green with some of our fans purely because he is a fashionable name that's come from a big European club. Cesar has let in some proper soft goals for us.
          Some fair points Matty but if we are talking soft goals I give you Green, all at the school end, against Swansea, Villa and today. His errors are costing us points

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
            Some fair points Matty but if we are talking soft goals I give you Green, all at the school end, against Swansea, Villa and today. His errors are costing us points
            You're right mate I'm not here Tryna argue green is faultless at all - just that he gets a raw deal by some fans. Each to their own, we all view goals differently, but I personally don't think the villa goal was any fault at all of green. Swansea goal was yes though.
            You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post

Fair play mate, but imo saying Cesar gets away with so much more than Green, suggests he's making lots of mistakes, and you also say he's let in some proper soft goals.... Imo I read comments like that as a dig and a form of slating regardless of pretext.

Comment

Cesar is more reliable he has made one mistake this season and he is good.
                Green is good but unreliable .
                If people believe green is a better keeper ignoring the blunders then ask your self would you prefer reliability other ability.

Comment

I know fans have rose tinted spectacles but why was it a foul? Admittedly I haven't see it on tv yet but from where I was sitting their striker simply stood his ground and green just remained rooted to the spot out of panic or complacency I've no idea which. He has arms, but chose not 2 use them. Protests v half hearted and none from green at all. Think his team mates just trying 2 save his blushes. Green comes across as a decent bloke so no agenda from me other than that I think caesar is a much more dependable keeper. No need for both and green should be shipped out and the money spent towards dawson's fee which is where it is needed

Comment

If Mackie had been their player and Foster had plamed it in and the ref given a foul would you have come away feeling hard done by???? thats the question

There is no rule that players have to get out of the keepers way they are allowed to make life hard for the keeper; football is just so soft now that we are used to to seeing fouls given for next to nothing against the keeper. I would have wanted that goal if it was the other way around.

And watching it over and over it gets worse and worse he could have just put his hands up and caught it as their player was not jumping for it , if he had done that and dropped it Im confident the ref would have blown. It was a looping ball he even had time to get infront of their man and catch it

Comment

Green does make good stops, but he has too many clangers in him. I am not sure why people think that because that was a fould Green was not also at fault - Harry's wife could have done better and I am suprised he didn't say so at the after match interview.
                      twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

I have said before and I don't care what the pro Green brigade say. you know what you get with Green and it will always involve blunders and lapses of concentration. He is championship material not ELP and how he ever got capped shows the poor quality of English keepers. Yes, he will make some good saves but a good goalie will save a team 12 points a year not concede them.

Comment

I'm old enough to remember Phil Parkes, believe me we've had no one come close to him, including Seaman, while I agree Green is best average, what I've seen of Cesar does'nt fill me with confidence either
                          I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                          This morning's tempest I have to cross
                          I must be guided without a stumble
                          Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Just seen the goal. That's unreal!
                            Under Les Ferdinand:
                            Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
                            Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
                            Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
                            Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
                            And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Keepers should not be conceding soft goals like that . He should have done better with the first too , it was from a long way out

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
                                I know fans have rose tinted spectacles but why was it a foul? Admittedly I haven't see it on tv yet but from where I was sitting their striker simply stood his ground and green just remained rooted to the spot out of panic or complacency I've no idea which. He has arms, but chose not 2 use them. Protests v half hearted and none from green at all. Think his team mates just trying 2 save his blushes. Green comes across as a decent bloke so no agenda from me other than that I think caesar is a much more dependable keeper. No need for both and green should be shipped out and the money spent towards dawson's fee which is where it is needed
                                Have a look on the previous page, there is an excellent replay from behind the net! I don't know how anyone could look at that and not say it was a foul, he bumped Green as he was reaching for the ball!
                                @gatorTFC

Comment

Working...
                                X