No announcement yet.

Green makes great saves but still makes but still makes blunder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No foul for me chaps from what I saw 100% Greens fault.

The WBA player appeared to just stand his ground and instead of punching Green decided to lean all over him and palm it over the bar but put it in his net. I think he assumed it would be given as a foul as you only need to look at the keeper to get them nowadays but for me he threw it in his net as he has twice this season already at that end of the ground.

If that goal had been for us and the Ref had ruled it out we would be screaming Crap Ref. Just calling it how I saw it.

That mistake reminded me of Langleys few years back on Boxing day against Norwich which was the day I knew we were going down to the 1st Division

Comment

Originally posted by Macca View Post
      Green can moan all he likes but why step back a couple of paces and allow the player to lean on him, he makes a blunder during games and it cost us today although many refs would have given a foul, but he brought on himself by stepping back, Cesar has to come back in goal, although it is to late now we are down.
      Green at fault for both goals beaten from 35 yards then flaps at a ball he should be punching out

Comment

"When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

^^^ The WBA player bumps into him, I don't know why Green is inside his net but it is a 100% foul! ^^^
          Last edited by gator; 26-12-2012, 07:19 PM.
          @gatorTFC

Comment

Originally posted by gator View Post
            The WBA player bumps into him, I don't know why Green is inside his net but it is a 100% foul!
            Green puts his hand on thier players back first!! Why is he palming it jump and bloody catch or punch the bloody thing might have got the foul if he had got off his feet but in my book a foul for that is double soft; the keeper can use his bleeding hands!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Clearly being nudged back. Foul.

Comment

foul ,yes , but Green should have attacked the ball rather than wait for the ref to get him out of trouble
                Football played the Charlie Ferris way

Comment

Ric at the age of 8 I was taught as a keeper to take the man and the ball. Keepers are overly protected now and just expect the whistle to go for next to nothing i.e. today

I judge these things on if I would have the hump if we never got it and if the ref had chalked that off for us I would have been raging.

6 yard box is the keepers empire, come in my six yard box as a striker and expect to get punched in the head on kneed in the back because if the balls in the 6 yard box its my bloody ball. Green dont think that way he is soft

Comment

Imagine what the outcome would have been with someone like Peter Schmeichel in goal. The ball would have been on the half way line and the attacker lying on the pitch

Comment

I agree West Acton but I don't think anyone can look at the above replay and honestly say it wasn't a foul regardless of what Green should or should not have been doing! It's a clear foul and it has cost us dearly!
                      @gatorTFC

Comment

Agree should of been the aggressor but it was a foul.

That's a clear obstruction. If refs are a anything to go by they would give that 99 times out of 100.

Comment

Originally posted by Ric-Roc View Post
                          Agree should of been the aggressor but it was a foul.

That's a clear obstruction. If refs are a anything to go by they would give that 99 times out of 100.
                          Imagine if this happened to Man Utd? SAF would be going ballistic! Our little club just can't catch breaks sometimes, being so poor makes it easier for the refs to screw us in my opinion!
                          @gatorTFC

Comment

As i said in the match thread it was a nudge yes, but what caused the problem was Green retreated 2 ft behind the goal line initially allowing the attacker to stand on the line in front of him. Green was then reaching out from inside the goal. Ridiculous situation to get in.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                              Not a chance Cesar woulda kept a clean sheet today.
                              Matty , you dont know this. Also you slate anyone critical of Green, yet are the exact same with regards to Cesar of late. The other day you slated him for Vaz Te's goal for West Ham which was deflected a couple of feet in front of him and left him no chance.

Comment

Originally posted by gator View Post
                                Imagine if this happened to Man Utd? SAF would be going ballistic! Our little club just can't catch breaks sometimes, being so poor makes it easier for the refs to screw us in my opinion!
                                True but you make your own luck. Had he had attacked that with any conviction he would have cleared it or got the foul. Half heartadly flapping at the ball just makes the ref think hes made an error. He pushed their player first but there is not even any conviction in that either

Before he came I thought he was a solid enough signing but hes out of chances now in my book

Comment

Working...
                                X