Green makes great saves but still makes but still makes blunder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gator View Post
    Have a look on the previous page, there is an excellent replay from behind the net! I don't know how anyone could look at that and not say it was a foul, he bumped Green as he was reaching for the ball!
    Its a contact sport still (or just about) Green put his hand on him first and shoved him is that a pen????

Comment

No it's not. If a keeper is being impeded as he was he has a right to fight for some space not be barged leading to a goal.

Comment

Originally posted by Ric-Roc View Post
        No it's not. If a keeper is being impeded as he was he has a right to fight for some space not be barged leading to a goal.
        Agree ric but he was not impeded to start with he done the first push which if were splitting hairs is the first foul. Instead of a half hearted push he should have came taken the ball and cleared out everything in front of him

What will happen now is every team will have watched that and will load up in front of him

Comment

I agree & as I stated earlier in the thread he most def should have been more aggressive but he was barged leading to a mistake which is a foul. As someone already mentioned refs give them 99% of the time, over protected? Yes maybe but many because it is a foul. Any comments from Redknapp about that goal I haven't bothered watching sky?

Comment

I agree & as I stated earlier in the thread he most def should have been more aggressive but he was barged leading to a mistake which is a foul. As someone already mentioned refs give them 99% of the time, over protected? Yes maybe but many because it is a foul. Any comments from Redknapp about that goal I haven't bothered watching sky?
            He thought it was a foul and a pen for handball at the end. Agree 99% of time ref blows but that don't make it a foul (I know that sounds odd) we have just been conditioned over time to expect any contact on the keeper to be blown.

Now a foul on the keeper was stokes against Bolton last season and if that was not given we would have been down

Comment

Swings and roundabouts it seems. Large grey area regarding a foul or not which probably means its not conclusive enough to actually be deemed a foul so from that I can only say Rob Green you f%cking *******

Comment

In the modern game that was a foul on Green plain and simple.

Keepers are way too protected imo but that is the way of the game now.

Foy just ballsed it up or did not see it which amounts to the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                  100% foul . Not greens fault. Always will be people looking to blame him though, regardless.
                  I think Green came off his line and then went back behind Fortune, who then obstructed him. It could and should have been a foul as we have often seen keepers overly protected, but Green did put himself in that position and has to take a big portion of blame.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                    I think Green came off his line and then went back behind Fortune, who then obstructed him. It could and should have been a foul as we have often seen keepers overly protected, but Green did put himself in that position and has to take a big portion of blame.
                    In fairness having seen it replayed on MOTD I have to say I think it was a bit Green's fault - although I still think it was a foul, I dont think he helped himself with his poor starting position.
                    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

At least on the bright side we know that Green has no chance of catching Nelson's flu.

Comment

Originally posted by SammyKojoe View Post
                        At least on the bright side we know that Green has no chance of catching Nelson's flu.
                        You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

How anyone could think Green should be in the team above Cesar is beyond me. Cesar has been pretty faultless this season and is a brilliant shotstopper, Green is a total liability. Today's goal was all his fault. First contact was him pushing Fortune, before he goes back a yard behind his goalline. Even then, it required HIS TOUCH to turn it into the net. Had he missed it completely, it probably wouldn't have gone in. But to not punch at that is criminal

Comment

Swings and roundabouts it seems. Large grey area regarding a foul or not which probably means its not conclusive enough to actually be deemed a foul so from that I can only say Rob Green you f%cking *******
                            Yep. Would like to have seen the foul given, but would have really liked to have seen Green fight for that ball. He can't command his box. And not sure Cesar can do likewise in the PL.

Comment

It was a clear foul.

Football may be a contact sport but pushing an opponent is explicitly called out in the rule book as a foul. And it is much more stringently applied (since it is a subjective decision) where goalkeepers are concerned.
                              'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Working...
                              X