Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reading v Arsenal on Monday is now MASSIVE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reading v Arsenal on Monday is now MASSIVE!

Reading v Arsenal on Monday is now a massive game for us, which I'll be glued to.

Excellent results for us today with Newcastle, Sunderland and Wigan ALL losing.

Ale Faurlin was my stand out MOM today, his first game under Harry (who I think is still trying to find his best 11). Got a feeling he may stick with this line up now after his first win.

Well played SWP too, who is definitely improving under HR - we just need the fans to get behind him a bit more (like Harry has put an arm round him - re: the Telegraph interview yesterday), to give him an extra confidence booster.

And Adel's 2nd - contender for goal of the season so far perhaps?

Originally posted by Stanley76 View Post
    Reading v Arsenal on Monday is now a massive game for us, which I'll be glued to.

Excellent results for us today with Newcastle, Sunderland and Wigan ALL losing.

Ale Faurlin was my stand out MOM today, his first game under Harry (who I think is still trying to find his best 11). Got a feeling he may stick with this line up now after his first win.

Well played SWP too, who is definitely improving under HR - we just need the fans to get behind him a bit more (like Harry has put an arm round him - re: the Telegraph interview yesterday), to give him an extra confidence booster.

And Adel's 2nd - contender for goal of the season so far perhaps?
    I think Tarbs was easily the MotM for me, although he did have a few horrible corners, a few over-hit passes, a very lucky first goal, it was his overall energy and being all over the place that did it for me.

But, yes, hopefully Reading losing will give us more confidence, even though I think Reading will go down, it is the mental boost of not being bottom that means a lot.

Comment

So good to see Ale take his chance. Was worried he was going to be sidelined under Harry but hard to drop if he plays at that standard. Nearly back to his best. Key stat for me if you look on Sky Sports: something like 82% of our tackles were successful, and only 33% of their's. We finally look as if we want it.

Comment

Originally posted by Marshy View Post
        I think Tarbs was easily the MotM for me, although he did have a few horrible corners, a few over-hit passes, a very lucky first goal, it was his overall energy and being all over the place that did it for me.
        To be fair, thats also a lot to do with the central position he played today, in the hole, with Harry allowing him that freedom. Yes Adel is a genius of course, but Faurlin edged it for me today because of his overall consistency over the 90 mins and barely giving the ball away once even during our poor spell in the 1st half (not to mention his assist for Adel's goal).

Its a good feeling to finally look forward to MOTD tonight!

Comment

Ale also really deserved to come back in after Diakite's last poor performance.

As did Green deserve to keep his place even with Cesar declared fit.

I think Harry is loyal to the players who dont let him down. And I think even though we were unbeaten in his 3 games before this, he was still willing to make changes because we hadn't won yet. But now we have won I suspect he will keep more of a settled starting 11 from now on.

Comment

Pleased for Rob Green especially - hope he gets a good run in the team

Comment

Up the #### on Monday. They need a win.

Today we looked like we had a plan, a shape, a hunger and team spirit. There is a Santa!

Comment

Faurlin my motm too, hope Harry keeps him in team

Comment

Bit skeptical about Arsenal, they are a dodgy side. Was a great team effort today and we bossed the whole game. So much positives to take and hopefully out first win can rile the squad on. Newcastle are on a horrible run of form and if we play like we did today at Newcastle nothing to say we can't nick three points.

With a decent goalscorer upfront come Jan hopefully were be able to take alot more of the chances we create. Could have had atleast four goals today. Impressive rangers! U'RSSSSS.

Comment

Personally dont see it as massive,i know its nice not to be bottom but worry about what we do and not others and everything falls into place,one win dont get us safe and reading winning wont see then safe either,long way to go !

Comment

Originally posted by SouthCoastRanger View Post
                      Bit skeptical about Arsenal, they are a dodgy side. Was a great team effort today and we bossed the whole game. So much positives to take and hopefully out first win can rile the squad on. Newcastle are on a horrible run of form and if we play like we did today at Newcastle nothing to say we can't nick three points.

With a decent goalscorer upfront come Jan hopefully were be able to take alot more of the chances we create. Could have had atleast four goals today. Impressive rangers! U'RSSSSS.
                      It would really surprise me if Arsenal win this one. Reading is the kind of team they hate to play against at the moment.
                      But anyway, how I wish Reading to lose!!
                      QPR
                      Best team in the world
                      Sort of

Comment

As good as Ale was ( and he was) MOTM today wasn't even a close run thing.

Adel was superb.

Comment

Working...
                        X