Dave Sexton - QPR Legend. R.I.P.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tributes from the 75-76 side...

Don Masson - "He was an unbelievable coach, unbelievable. We used to do things then, thirty years ago that people are saying now is the right thing to do. Our training techniques were so ahead of their time."

Frank McLintock - "He was full of ideas, always going abroad to pick up new things and he ended up getting us playing similar to how Barcelona do now."

More...

Comment

As previously mentioned a man ahead of the times. Think the England job would have been right up his street.

R.I.P.

Comment

a great manager,dave sexton,rip
        he signed my fav player when at man utd joe jordan,who is currently first team coach at qpr!!
        Last edited by joe jordan; 06-08-2014, 11:59 PM.
        joe jordan,a real no9!!

Comment

I remember when Sexton came to the club, it's funny but the older fans were unsure as, I was told, he was a rather glum character who preferred a dour brand of football. He'd also had knocked heads with Chelsea's more flamboyant talent and Rangers were brimming with 'off the cuff' maverick style of players. This was proved wrong, he not only successfully took over what was our greatest ever squad and one of the finest footballing sides to ever grace the English game, he added to it tactical knowledge and discipline producing a team that we will never see the like of again. I'd disagree he was the greatest ever manager in W12, I'd place him third, because his legacy was built on the work of Gordon Jago, who's ability to put that squad together deserves a chapter in any serious book detailing QPR's history. I still chuckle at myself standing in the Loft and accidentally singing Jago's name when chanting the blue and white army song after Sexton's appointment! I soon learned better.

Comment

dave

dave you were the silent type
            who didnt read the hype
            you got bowles playing his greatest
            and england captains are all legends and gerry was the latest
            don masson was purchased for a price that was a steal
            and dave thomas on the wing was the real deal
            the whole team run like clockwork and was the most beautifull to have ever been seen
            what a shame we lost at norwich how wonderfull to have won the league it could have been
            but still dave thankyou for all the hard work

REST IN PEACE GENTLE DAVE TRUE LOVE NEVER DIES
            Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

Working...
            X