Joey Barton losing it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rsonist View Post
    What exactly makes you think you have a better grasp of a game in the stands than if you were watching on television? Serious question. Is it a "camera adds ten pounds" sort of thing? Is technology not to be trusted?

Or is what you actually mean that I haven't bought the right to have an opinion?

Either way I'm not seeing the relevance.

I can only repeat my assertion that Barton was not our best player in the handful of games you think justify him as a success in a Rangers shirt. In his best games for the club he was a solid part of some good team performances. He played simple balls, didn't take any dead balls (because he was useless at them if you recall), shut his mouth and did his job like a pro for a change. If that's "awesome" for you then congrats.

And Diakite was my MOTM against Arsenal by the way.
    At the game you see everything and you are able to see and what you want to see. When you watch on tv you see what someone else wants you to see. That is the difference.

As i said from that Arsenal game at the end.....You think 3 sides of the ground would chant his name the very next game after he was booed because he had a solid performance?! If you are a boo boy you would have to play very well in order to turn it round in one game. Especially at QPR. He accepted he was crap in the previous game and turned in a performance that he is capable of in a Rangers shirt. It is those type of performances we are missing this season.

He stopped Arsenal playing, made untold tackles and got everyone ( Even Adel ) playing at the same level he did funnily enough by not shutting his mouth and being vocal. Granted it only happened in a few games but he would never have got that reaction at the end individually against Arsenal if he was average in a good team performance.
    Last edited by SammyKojoe; 28-08-2012, 05:40 PM.

Comment

I've not said you are a new fan I can tell by your postings you are not.As for being in a JB cult I have already said on here yesterday, that QPR is my priority and who I'm a fan of.Players come and go but I stay,.... obviously, but while he is our player we should back him, and alot of the anti-Barton crew are against him for what has happened in the past.Regarding the last game, football is a game of passion and heated mini battles imo and he lost his temper, we did not go down and this excuse being pedalled that we could have is ridiculous. Again imo

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
        Hasn't hurt my feelings as I can't say I'm exactly surprised at how the Joey experiment has gone. As it goes I don't even have a great problem with Joey being a thug, I just find it a shame he isn't a bit more of a controlled one who could channel his supposed "passion" for the benefit of the team. I'm not completely anti-Barton - he is certainly more interesting than the average footballer and however imperfectly he is clearly trying to develop as a human being and isn't just interested in buying the latest Ferrari etc. BUT - after he was sent off as captain in a game that was to decide our entire season (because whether you like it or not the season did come down to the final game) rather than going down under the Tevez challenge and getting an opponent sent off, he didn't exactly show he had learned any lessons. he didn't sound v remorseful in tweets ("life goes on" if I remember) and even got caught up in another fight outside a nightclub. He then continued to take to Twitter. If he had apologised and kept his head down he cd have turned it round - and proved he really was a "man".

far from it being "newer" fans who don't like barton (ive been a supporter since '78 for the record) ive noticed another weird phenomenon: men - it is always men - who have become almost bigger fans of the cult of "Joey" than they have of QPR. I've no particular problem with that - we all have our favourite players - and I'm all for giving people second and even third chances. But if you take off your barton-coloured spectacles I think you will see that it can't always be bad luck or a conspiracy that leaves him as an outcast - sometimes, in more reflective moments, I am sure even he realises his own situation is of one man's making: his own. Its sad, but that's the way it is.
        What an excellent post.

Comment

Surely, if you support QPR, there is a much simpler way of sorting the issue - one simple question.

Q/ On balance, would the football club benefit from having him around?

I don't see how anyone with any understanding of the game can seriously suggest getting rid at this stage. Not with our back four. I am amazed any supporter gives a toss about anything other than Joey the player, we're watching footballers, not politicians or archbishops or anyone whose private business may have a bearing on their public life.

I think Hughes has come out of this worse than Joey - its just one muddle after another.

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
            Surely, if you support QPR, there is a much simpler way of sorting the issue - one simple question.

Q/ On balance, would the football club benefit from having him around?

I don't see how anyone with any understanding of the game can seriously suggest getting rid at this stage. Not with our back four. I am amazed any supporter gives a toss about anything other than Joey the player, we're watching footballers, not politicians or archbishops or anyone whose private business may have a bearing on their public life.

I think Hughes has come out of this worse than Joey - its just one muddle after another.
            The greatest trick Joey ever did was convincing the world he was a good footballer. He isn't. He's an average midfielder that can put in a tackle or two. No pace whatsoever and utterly useless at dead balls with 0 creativity. If he was so good he wouldn't have changed from being Right Mid to Centre Mid and back again, if he had a good season he would have made the position his own, he didn't.

IMO, as a football team, we are better off without him for so many reasons.

Also, I think Hughes has come out of this looking far more dignified than Joey, who at any given opportunity has gone on a rant about something or other.

Finally, no matter what anyone says- at 1-1 he reverted back to being the thug we all know he is, was sent off and could very well have cost us our Premiership status.

Comment

Are there any stats on our players from last season available anywhere online?

I'd be interested to see how Faurlin and Barton measure up in terms of passes completed tackles made etc.

Comment

Originally posted by DeepcutHoop View Post
                Are there any stats on our players from last season available anywhere online?

I'd be interested to see how Faurlin and Barton measure up in terms of passes completed tackles made etc.
                All stats for every player in the Prem last year are here if you fancy having a look mate- http://www.mcfc.co.uk/The-Club/MCFC-...Data-available

But you do have to login and sign up etc.

Comment

Originally posted by DouDou_87 View Post
                  All stats for every player in the Prem last year are here if you fancy having a look mate- http://www.mcfc.co.uk/The-Club/MCFC-...Data-available

But you do have to login and sign up etc.
                  Cheers for that, I'll take a look.

Comment

http://www.whoscored.com/

Is also a good site for footy stats

Comment

Lets get something straight and logical. IMO he didnt nearly cost us Prem survival... We lost but stayed up. Barton couldnt change the result or outcome of this. Our away record is what nearly cost us ultimately. Not one moment of madness that one player had. We dont blame Cisse when he was sent off against Wolves or Diakite on his debut? Why blame JB?
                      Where can one find Bush Babes?

Comment

Originally posted by Michael229 View Post
                        http://www.whoscored.com/

Is also a good site for footy stats

That has the basic stats I'm after.

Comment

Right basics first

Appearances : AF 20, JB 31

Goals : AF 1 , JB 3
                          Assists : AF 0, JB 3

Interesting that Ale had no assists at all in his 20 games.

Discipline : AF 3Y, Joey 8Y+2R
                          Fouls committed per game : AF 1.2 , JB 1.5
                          Tackles won per game : AF 4.5 , JB 2.9 (Faurlin won more tackles in 20 games than JB did in 31)
                          Beaten by opposition dribble p/g: AF 1.5 , JB 1.1
                          Blocked shots p/g : AF 0.4 , JB 0.5
                          Interceptions p/g: AF 1.5 , JB 1.9

Average passes made p/g : AF 57.4 , JB 50.6
                          Pass success (%) : AF 81.3% , JB 75.2% (Samba Diakite best with 86% in his 9 games, Barton is 13th of those with at least 5 appearances. Macheda and Andrade both have 100% pass rates )
                          Key passes p/g : AF 1.4 , JB 2
                          Turnovers (conceded possession) p/g : AF 1.4 , JB 0.9

Everything else was fairly even

All far more even than I suspected, Faurlin was a far more impressive tackler and passer, but Joey had a slightly better end product in attack.

Not sure what any of this proves tbf. Fun though.

Shall I look at Adel vs Mackie next?
                          Last edited by DeepcutHoop; 29-08-2012, 06:35 PM.

Comment

Green v Cesar please
                            Banning people is no longer my hobby,
                            but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
                            http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Right basics first

Appearances : AF 20, JB 31

Goals : AF 1 , JB 3
                              Assists : AF 0, JB 3

Interesting that Ale had no assists at all in his 20 games.

Discipline : AF 3Y, Joey 8Y+2R
                              Fouls committed per game : AF 1.2 , JB 1.5
                              Tackles won per game : AF 4.5 , JB 2.9 (Faurlin won more tackles in 20 games than JB did in 31)
                              Beaten by opposition dribble p/g: AF 1.5 , JB 1.1
                              Blocked shots p/g : AF 0.4 , JB 0.5
                              Interceptions p/g: AF 1.5 , JB 1.9

Average passes made p/g : AF 57.4 , JB 50.6
                              Pass success (%) : AF 81.3% , JB 75.2% (Samba Diakite best with 86% in his 9 games, Barton is 13th of those with at least 5 appearances. Macheda and Andrade both have 100% pass rates )
                              Key passes p/g : AF 1.4 , JB 2
                              Turnovers (conceded possession) p/g : AF 1.4 , JB 0.9

Everything else was fairly even

All far more even than I suspected, Faurlin was a far more impressive tackler and passer, but Joey had a slightly better end product in attack.

Not sure what any of this proves tbf. Fun though.

So looking at those stats, if you take Faurlin out as he only played half a season, does that make Barton our most consistent player? Not the results our new breed of follower were hoping for I suspect.

Comment

Originally posted by OldSchool View Post
                                So looking at those stats, if you take Faurlin out as he only played half a season, does that make Barton our most consistent player? Not the results our new breed of follower were hoping for I suspect.
                                Yes, because we have established that it's only the new, rubbish QPR fans that don't like Joey, haven't we?

If you look at it the other way, JB's not the man to come in to improve the position we need the most, a defensive midfielder. Also he's suspended for 9 more games.

Swings and roundabouts. It was a lot more even than I thought, but Joey is behind Onuoha, SWP, and Traore in pass completion which is pretty unimpressive.

I was surprised that Adel had an 82% pass completion too, better even than Ale.
                                Last edited by DeepcutHoop; 29-08-2012, 06:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X