X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ScottJones View Post
    Another memory..ish?

Does this ring true?

My mums tells a story of when she put the tv on and qpr were playing liverpool and my brother was somewhere other than the loft? Appara you could walk between stands..and he (not really being into football) had gone for a wander and was spotted miles away from my dad munching on some food in a different stand? About 30 years ago...could you walk between stands??
    You could do that until they put seats in the old paddock in approx 1976. Before then you could walk from the School end right round to the Loft

Comment

• Originally posted by Nodge70 View Post
      You could do that until they put seats in the old paddock in approx 1976. Before then you could walk from the School end right round to the Loft
      Putting those seats in really spoiled things in my eyes. :(
      #standuptocancer
      #inyourfacecancer

Comment

• Loved standing at the front of the Loft as a teenager.
        Loved being in the boys' pen at the front when I was younger, until the Chelsea lot kicked it down.
        That pen was a great idea -- at least you knew where your kids were and they could see the match.
        I remember a youngish bloke, had a quiff, who used to stand in the middle of the Loft, and always ate a banana at half time -- dubbed him Bananaman (original, huh?). Anyone know who he was? Is he on here??
        Wish the Loft Lower at least could go back to terracing (and the Paddocks, where I stood for a couple of years, notably the 72-73 Promo season) -- the singing has a lot more impact from behind a goal.

And peanuts, roasted peanuts... I suppose you couldn't have that nowadays under health and safety (well, someone in the Loft will have an allergy to them...)
        Faurlin is my hero!!! Love him!!! #########

Comment

• loved it and in the paddocks too. Also stood in the school end lower on a good few occaisions in the "home part" when they used to allow it. Usually against non aggresive opposing fans!!

Comment

• nodge

nodge its very difficult to catergories the late 60 s,i was there but it is still difficult to put it all into the correct chronological order
            i remember the rockers looked pretty tasty in there leathers and big bikes
            and many ends had both rockers and skins
            but progressivaly it became skinheads who monopolised with there doc martins and braces they looked very dangerous especially with there trousers rolled right up away from there boots
            i seem to remember the suedheads comming after the skins and starting with the west ham fans dropping the ben sherman checks and wearing the penny round collour flowerd shirt,soon flaires were added,then came tank tops
            but as i say i could be wrong,but thats how i remember it

Comment

• Remember it well we was not so fat in them days me you vic fitzgerald danny Merrange kinghams and many others !!!!
              Originally posted by ROUTLEDGE FOR ENGLAND View Post
              yes being a bit olde than yourself factomondo i can tell you proudly i was an origional loft boy
              back in 66 a film was released called goal...you can hear the very first ritualistic chanting
              so from there we move to 67 and the origional chelsea shed was a home for about five thousand skin heads
              one hundred of them were qpr fans but there was no real end as yet at loftus road
              but a group of about 50 were trying to start it off at the loft end
              the development of skinhesdism and hooliganism were going to become as one
              but the loft really started to number several hundred in 1968 -69 season
              and yes the problem we intitially had was when the almighty shed marched on loftus road we were defenceless
              they numerically out numbed us ten to one
              so they just filled it up completely also man utd did the same also wst ham
              did the same as did arsenal
              only tottenham who started off as our friends allowed us to keep our end
              they showed us much kindness in parking up there army on the south africa road terrace
              but because skinheads were so transiant its difficult to know what numbers were in the origional loft
              but only tottenham were allowed to keep there colours on because of the fact we respected them as our friends
              but me being a northolt skin it is strange to report that initially the famous northolt were not big players in the origional loft
              ealing wre part of it especially south ealing and northfields
              white city were also a big part of it
              but people never said they were from ladbroke grove in them days
              they called them selves notting hill
              but yes it was a a sensational time and we held the loft against every team from the top flight
              except chelsea,arsenal,west ham and man utd i was at every home game
              proudly wearing my skin head outfit but being a skinhead wasnt about being violent it was the music the fashion watch quadrophenia and undrstand that it was a new culture
              one of the biggest misunderstanding about origional skinhesads were that they were racists
              we copied our music from the carabian,we copied the brixton rude boys with the tonic suits
              and of course they taught us to shuffle so you could say the jamaican actually fashioned the whole skinhead movement
              which was not about violence it was about love
              love of music
              love of football chanting
              love of skinhead chicks
              love of dancing
              love of fashionable clothes
              abd yes it was the best day of my life

Comment

• Northolt skins....don't make me laugh Routie what a bunch of "pussies" The North Ken boys "tinted" yer windows at will in those days....We were The Loft...oh yes the mighty Loft ! !

Comment

• i remember standing in the loft back in the 80's when i was a regular & yes you could get into the corner of the loft from the paddocks but there was only a smallish fence seperating the members area from non members...easy to climb over

Comment

• North ken all the way on that one i'm afraid!!!!!!!! Lgs ran things- end of...
                    PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

Working...
                    X