• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the old terraced loft!!!!!!

discuss!
    you know nothing john snow!!!!

Bring it back.

Happy days there

Edited to add.."Oh we're the loft boys, we're the loft boys, we're the loft boys shepherds bush"
    Arguing with a scientist is like wrestling a pig in mud... sooner or later you;ll realise you're muddy and he's enjoying it.....

Comment

agreed!........never understood why when we rebuilt it a new roof n tidy up was all that was required imho!.........plenty of london teams used to have a pop at it back in the day but times have changed!

Comment

Terraced stadiums are and always will be more fun than seating bring it back!!!
        Dyslexic so please don't feel the need to correct my spelling mistakes as I really don't give a **** and before you say use spell checker if it is spelt right / wright but not in context spell check is useless

Comment

remember as a 12 year old in 76 when we beat leeds 2-0 to become champions of england for three days......packed in like sardines but memories i shall cherish forever!

Comment

never got to experience it and would love to bring it back!!

Comment

most people stood in or near the same spot for years...me i always tried to be smack bang in the middle near the little over hang above the exit.........'stanleeee stanleee stanleeee stanlee............born is the king of loftus rd!

Comment

Remember one game against Charlton,just as the whistle went to start the game,a group of Millwall fans decided to pipe up in the loft.Everyone stepped back,just to see how many there were,then,lets just say they were persuaded to leave!!
                I came here to chew gum and kick ass,and I'm all outta gum!

Comment

remember pompey having a pop during a cup game on a tuesday night n taking a terrible shoeing............never quite understood pompey thinking we were mugs cos every time theyve taken a slap!!!

Comment

love it back
                    WE ARE QPR

Comment

there was a campaign to bring back terraces - www.safestanding.com but i dunno what happened with that.
                      cant see the nobs at the FA ever listening to what the fans want tho..

Comment

yes

yes being a bit olde than yourself factomondo i can tell you proudly i was an origional loft boy
                        back in 66 a film was released called goal...you can hear the very first ritualistic chanting
                        so from there we move to 67 and the origional chelsea shed was a home for about five thousand skin heads
                        one hundred of them were qpr fans but there was no real end as yet at loftus road
                        but a group of about 50 were trying to start it off at the loft end
                        the development of skinhesdism and hooliganism were going to become as one
                        but the loft really started to number several hundred in 1968 -69 season
                        and yes the problem we intitially had was when the almighty shed marched on loftus road we were defenceless
                        they numerically out numbed us ten to one
                        so they just filled it up completely also man utd did the same also wst ham
                        did the same as did arsenal
                        only tottenham who started off as our friends allowed us to keep our end
                        they showed us much kindness in parking up there army on the south africa road terrace
                        but because skinheads were so transiant its difficult to know what numbers were in the origional loft
                        but only tottenham were allowed to keep there colours on because of the fact we respected them as our friends
                        but me being a northolt skin it is strange to report that initially the famous northolt were not big players in the origional loft
                        ealing wre part of it especially south ealing and northfields
                        white city were also a big part of it
                        but people never said they were from ladbroke grove in them days
                        they called them selves notting hill
                        but yes it was a a sensational time and we held the loft against every team from the top flight
                        except chelsea,arsenal,west ham and man utd i was at every home game
                        proudly wearing my skin head outfit but being a skinhead wasnt about being violent it was the music the fashion watch quadrophenia and undrstand that it was a new culture
                        one of the biggest misunderstanding about origional skinhesads were that they were racists
                        we copied our music from the carabian,we copied the brixton rude boys with the tonic suits
                        and of course they taught us to shuffle so you could say the jamaican actually fashioned the whole skinhead movement
                        which was not about violence it was about love
                        love of music
                        love of football chanting
                        love of skinhead chicks
                        love of dancing
                        love of fashionable clothes
                        abd yes it was the best day of my life

Comment

Contrary to belief, I remember it.

Even remember the knees up mother brown (must have been early eighties) and being pushed to the front. Often stood at the back and rarely saw much of the game.
                          ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                          THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

The Paddock took the Loft everytime we went in there fact
                            Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Well i always thought Quadrophenia was about mods not skinheads maybe it was a different version i saw
                              God I miss cooke's pie & mash

Comment

Working...
                              X