Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is fernandes dablling too much in purchases?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are we forgetting the buisiness side of things? When a player of parks quality becomes available u take the chance both on and off the pitch. I think he will be a massive signing for us, again both on and off the pitch .

Comment

MH is well known for speaking his mind TF says mark is in charge,,mark looks to contented with the relationship for that no to be the case. as for other ifs and buts, you couls ask what happens if chelski chairman fails.loses interest etc.you could ask that question about anything

Comment

what if betty was top scorer,, that would confuse things...

Comment

But we dont see an influx of russian players at chelsea

Comment

Originally posted by essex View Post
            I know Fernandes is a hero in everyones eyes, but Flabio/Palladini were criticised for buying players behind the managers back, if Park wasn't Asian, would Fernandes have been as willing to buy him?
            Stupid thread, really not worth a discussion

Comment

Originally posted by essex View Post
              But we dont see an influx of russian players at chelsea
              Explain please.

How does Abramovich buying Russian players help him sell oil?

Comment

Well there was Zhirkov and he was a flop. Shevchenko - despite being Ukrainain came over and we know what happend there. Considering Ambramovich wanted to create a side that played like and better than Real Madrid there aren't any Russians at the big clubs in Europe you'd buy. Arhsavin and Pavlyachenko both bench warmed in London and went back.

Also, Ambramovich was/is a personal vanity project - what he did do however, with much arm-twisting by Putin, was pay Hiddink's wages and invest in the infrastructure of the Russian FA as the public had complained about a Russian financing a European super club in England.

It's missing the point though. Fernandes understands that if the club is to grow and prosper it must create a fan base beyond London. if we cvan get the best player in Asia, despite Utd fighting it, then smart move. A top player who strengthens the squad and buids the fan base. Probably without Fernandes selling power to the player and business vision and Hughes playing experience and reputation we wouldn't have got Park. they worked hard together to bring him in and he turned down a double money offer in China.

Hughes stated repeatedly that he wanted to bring in his own players and wouldn't accept interference, he brought Mike Rigg in to identify players who had the ability and calibre to fit into the framework and he personally sold the club to Park based on his own experience of deciding to leave Man Utd for a new challenge (at Chelsea).

Comment

Doubt very much Hughes would put up with players he didn't want, he did once with Robinho and it was his undoing in the end.

If we should be worried about anything it's if Hughes might have too much control over transfers. That may seem like a strange thing to say but he was very happy to spend big with City's money in the name of building a large squad and they are still struggling to offload unwanted players with huge contracts even today. There are downsides to "buy now sell later" if you end up getting it wrong.

Not that Hughes has yet done anything to really alarm me but still it's an issue I hope Tony is keeping an eye on amid his enthusiasm. To be fair the length of contracts seem to have been very sensible so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Rsonist View Post
                    Doubt very much Hughes would put up with players he didn't want, he did once with Robinho and it was his undoing in the end.

If we should be worried about anything it's if Hughes might have too much control over transfers. That may seem like a strange thing to say but he was very happy to spend big with City's money in the name of building a large squad and they are still struggling to offload unwanted players with huge contracts even today. There are downsides to "buy now sell later" if you end up getting it wrong.

Not that Hughes has yet done anything to really alarm me but still it's an issue I hope Tony is keeping an eye on amid his enthusiasm.
                    I doubt Hughes gave them the large contracts though, so that's hardly his fault. And every manager has his share of bum deals to be fair.

Comment

Originally posted by ollyhoops View Post
                      Actually it was good business as the shirt sales in Asia has now virtually paid for his transfer fee.

Park is a great player and well worth 2 years. Mark Hughes has the final say in what players he wants.
                      I agree it's a good signing and good business....I'm very pleased....but at £15 for last seasons jersey (current price online), we'd have to have sold 133,333 of them to cover a £2million fee.

Comment

Unless I was missing something did Tony say from day 1 on coming to the club that the manager buys the players. If he is being seen with players and speaking not big issues if help Hughes getting the players he wants in. Amit had issues last owners buying the players this time he happy Hughes happy so I am happy in what Tony doing.

Comment

the other point is not only is that TF has also given Hughes pretty much carte blanche to bring in who he wants - players, coaches, scouts, technical director and equipment and technology at the existing training ground. Half the time Chairmen are much more interfering and challenging to a manager if they question, disagree and ultimately say no to requests.

From what I can see TF find out what is needed and, if there's a case for it, goes out and makes it happen.

Comment

Can't believe this thread is on the 3rd page

Comment

park is class, experience, technique, high tempo , suits hughes' way of playing but we really shouldnt be questioning the signing of Park.

Comment

at least TF is only buying the players he wants and letting MH play them where he wants unlike Tango
                                Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Working...
                                X