Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is fernandes dablling too much in purchases?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think most people here are being deliberately oblivious to the obvious. Park's purchase was at least in part to promote Fernandes other business ventures, Thousands of orientals wearing a shirt with his ailines logo on? Not denying he is a quality player, and a great signing, but i am 100% sure that if he wasnt so popular in asia, we would not have bought him

Comment

Originally posted by essex View Post
      I think most people here are being deliberately oblivious to the obvious. Park's purchase was at least in part to promote Fernandes other business ventures, Thousands of orientals wearing a shirt with his ailines logo on? Not denying he is a quality player, and a great signing, but i am 100% sure that if he wasnt so popular in asia, we would not have bought him
      So are you now saying that he was only bought because of the marketing possibilities that TF could acquire? You are now stating as fact that this deal was done over MHs head and for the benefit of Air Asia and not QPR.

Well mate, as conspiracy theories go, this is a good un. TF is in charge of buying players for the squad and not MH. Unreal!
      Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

We're not being oblivious, we're just saying so what?

Tony is supporting our club. Yes, our club is helping to endorse his other businesses. Helping them to thrive. And in return, his businesses will help endorse QPR. It's mutually beneficial.

We can see what Tony has to gain, and we can see what we have to gain from Tony. That's a relationship. There is no hidden agenda here.

Comment

That's all very well and good, but you seem to keep ignoring the fact that if MH hadn't also wanted him then it wouldn't have happened.

Show us some evidence for what you imply - until then it is just conjecture/conspiracy and nothing more.

Comment

100 capped international captain, World Cup Semi Finalist, 4 time Premier League winner, Champions League winnier, multi FA/Leage Cup Winner. Still only 31. Will play majority of games.

He's not here just to sell shirts, although that is an added bonus.

We may have signed the David Beckham of Asia but I see no conspiracy here. If we had signed the actual David Beckham, who could probably only play 30% of games, I'd smell a conspiracy.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeems View Post
              100 capped international captain, World Cup Semi Finalist, 4 time Premier League winner, Champions League winnier, multi FA/Leage Cup Winner. Still only 31. Will play majority of games.

He's not here just to sell shirts, although that is an added bonus.

We may have signed the David Beckham of Asia but I see no conspiracy here. If we had signed the actual David Beckham, who could probably only play 30% of games, I'd smell a conspiracy.

good post mate

Comment

It's all well and good while what he is doing is benefiting the club, and we have entered the "golden era" of buying players of a calibre we haven't seen at LR for years, but what happens when decisions have to be made that are not mutually beneficial, where will Fernandes priorities lie?

And what happens is his airlines get in financial trouble (they drop like flies), where will that leave us?

Comment

That sentance dosnt go together as how can he be a great signing but one we would not have bought if he was not a superstar in asia. If he is a great player as you state and i agree then if we can afford him and he would add to the quality of the suad then yes we would buy anyone.

He is a great player, 31 for a footballer is not old thses days, won many titles and will do nothing but help us push on.

As said on this board MH is in charge of signings and if needed TF will join in and do what is needed to help bring these quality players to QPR.
                  One for all.... and all for one

Comment

It's all well and good while what he is doing is benefiting the club, and we have entered the "golden era" of buying players of a calibre we haven't seen at LR for years, but what happens when decisions have to be made that are not mutually beneficial, where will Fernandes priorities lie?

And what happens is his airlines get in financial trouble (they drop like flies), where will that leave us?
                    If's and but's that suggest you are just looking to ruffle some feathers tbh.
                    If my auntie had balls she'd be my uncle
                    #standuptocancer
                    #inyourfacecancer

Comment

With Amit and Lakshmi. Who are the financial muscle behind a lot of what we do, this isn't just about Tony..

Comment

Now you're really scraping the barrel with all these ifs buts and maybes. JSP is a good player, that's why MH wanted him. The fact that he is popular in other parts of the world is coincidental. It's about making QPR a better team. End of.
                        Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

I am just saying that Fernandes' priority is his airline. His F1 team and QPR are (at least in part) very expensive advertising boards.

Comment

Originally posted by Will M View Post
                            With Amit and Lakshmi. Who are the financial muscle behind a lot of what we do, this isn't just about Tony..
                            Not only that, but Ton'y stake isn't just about Tony as he has his consortium of sorts he fronts with his mates who are said to be of similar wealth.

Regardless the OP is trying to force a negative stance that simply doesn't add up..... Of course he will make millions for us abroad and that was an attraction to signing the player, but when said player will greatly improve out team, as he will, there is a non argument to say "would we want him if he didn't sell shirts etc"... The question in that case should be "why wouldn't we want a prem / champions lge winner who was picked by SAF for all big matches and started the champions lge finals in 2009 and 2011".... anyone who says he isn't a worthy signing, as you are trying to suggest, is quite frankly ridiculous.

all the other comments about TF more interested in promoting his airlines with shirt sales etc..... Hello, that's the whole point of advertising on Premier League football shirts to get your company name seen as much as possible, and if you think the name on the shirt of someone walking down the street is more relevant than it being seen on international TV during games and press conferences, you are way off the mark....

Comment

If tony owned 100% of the club then maybe your right, however as mittals own 33% I don't think they would be to pleased with fernades buying players above mark Hughes just for his advertising. If you say is true we would have the Korean national team playing for us.

Comment

Originally posted by ollyhoops View Post
                                Actually it was good business as the shirt sales in Asia has now virtually paid for his transfer fee.

Park is a great player and well worth 2 years. Mark Hughes has the final say in what players he wants.
                                How on earth do you know that????
                                http://twitter.com/Mellowhoop

Comment

Working...
                                X