Alan McDonald - in tribute

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AwFbo0lCMAAROzC.jpg
    "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

only just heard the terrible news. we recently had a thread on who could become a rangers legend well macca is the level you need to be at to be considered. one of my true favourite players ever. rest in peace big man-never to be forgotten!!
      PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

I think we should name a stand after him. Would be a nice touch I reckon. I'm gutted

Comment

I won't forget his strong battles especially with Hughes. Always held his own. A true Ranger.

RIP Alan

Comment

Saw him play all his home games for Rangers, a great strong defender with blue and white hooped blood.

Met him many times in the players bar etc and he was truly a very decent bloke,one of our true stars from the past.

Very very sad day.

Comment

Joseph Barton‏@Joey7Barton

Saddened by the news of Alan McDonald's untimely passing. Thoughts are with his friends and family R.I.P

Comment

One of the best defenders this club has ever had.

One of the most loyal players this club has ever had.

A true gentleman and club legend who would walk into any best Rangers eleven, ever.

Unbelievablly sad and upsetting news.

Give the club time to do something fitting and worthy of what the great man meant to those of us who, were privileged to have seen him play for the R's over many years and how he represented our club. I'm sure that those in charge won't let him, or us down.

Comment

Tragic news.
                  As a life long Norwich fan, home and away, I've seen him play countless times.
                  I've always said that Alan McDonald is the best defender I've ever seen playing against us.
                  Don't just mean for QPR. But literally the best.
                  He always seemed to win the ball and bring it out of defence in that calm and unhurried way
                  that only qaulity players can do.
                  Also saw him around Hillingdon a few times and always seemed a decent gut

Comment

Sorry meant to say 'quality' and 'decent guy'

Comment

RIP Macca - a true Rangers legend

Comment

Massively shocked when i heard the news.

R.I.P Macca

Comment

A true QPR great, played when I was a teenager, what a legend. Very sad. All the best to his family

Comment

RIP big man, a true legend
                            I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                            This morning's tempest I have to cross
                            I must be guided without a stumble
                            Into the arms I love the most

Comment

I was very lucky.

As a youngster my family used to get welcomed into the old players bar - and my hero was Big Mac.

Every week he'd be there with his pint and a Benson and say in his thick accent.... with a big smile "Wee man.... have you been good at school this week?". I'd say "yes sir".... like most people probably did.

I'm gutted. And blubbing like a baby.

Comment

RIP Macca, will always remember you as one of the best defenders we ever have had.

Comment

Working...
                                X