Foster close to signing Apparently!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QPR1976 View Post
    IF he's 2nd best to Hart (and I'm not saying he isn't)

Why is he not in Poland right now ?
    Why is Green and his own No 2 or 3 at Birmingham ?

Just asking like.
    have to ask Roy but with a few of his other squad selections (Kelly over Rio???????) the blokes a mystery

Comment

Foster retired mate.

Comment

Just asking like.
        Because he made himself unavailable for International duty, despite Roy's attempts to get him back in the squad.

Comment

Originally posted by JustinQPR View Post
          Foster retired mate.
          oh yer course he did ....cheers

Comment

Just asking like.
            Because he retired from international football a year or so ago, not sure what his reasons were.
            Last edited by Tarbie; 07-06-2012, 03:11 PM.

Comment

His reasons were he (like Robinson before him) didn't want to travel the world as number 2 choice and just sit on his #### in the hope Hart would get injured. That either shows a lack of ambition or a genuine desire to do something else more constructive, not sure which
              #standuptocancer
              #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
                do you people really believe that the fulham chronicle has an inside scoop on who is hughes number one target? oh pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

i would love us to sign foster but dont be silly to think we are close to getting him just because the fulham chronicle says so.
                You're not wrong here, unfortunately.

I have also heard it said that Foster might not want to uproot his family from the Midlands.

From a football perspective I think we're surely a bigger attraction than WBA though, especially if they're hiring Steve Clarke to be the new manager.

Comment

Think wba will be in the relegation mix this season, not sure they will go but will be well in it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                    Because he retired from international football a year or so ago, not sure what his reasons were.
                    Because England always muck up. I would of done the same but earlier
                    Under Les Ferdinand:
                    Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
                    Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
                    Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
                    Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
                    And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
                      Would like to think a €5 million investment would be worth more than 5 points over a whole season,for me Green is as good and Free
                      Rebel mate I know you like a striker but you need good players all over the pitch. As others have stated, a goalkeeper crucial. Kenny, although great for us in the Champ, let in some soft goals last term. And Green is not remotely free in any meaningful sense - 50k a week and no doubt a massive signing on fee. Over the course of a contract might not be that much difference in what it costs us. Don't be taken in purely by the headline transfer figure.

Comment

Originally posted by vblockranger View Post
                        have to ask Roy but with a few of his other squad selections (Kelly over Rio???????) the blokes a mystery
                        He also told Roy he didn't want to go because he has to find a new club this summer. As Birmingham giving Butland the nod for next season

Comment

Foster has a very young family,2 kids under 5,so I don't think they're the problem.If there is going to be a problem,it maybe him or the missus not wanting to move down south.
                          I came here to chew gum and kick ass,and I'm all outta gum!

Comment

From what I've heard Brum will be lucky to make it through the summer without calling the administrators, I'll be surprised if they don't sell Butland too.

Comment

Well. if we are taking the premiership seriously, the likes of Foster is a must. Quality keeper which will pay dividents at the end.

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
                                Rebel mate I know you like a striker but you need good players all over the pitch. As others have stated, a goalkeeper crucial. Kenny, although great for us in the Champ, let in some soft goals last term. And Green is not remotely free in any meaningful sense - 50k a week and no doubt a massive signing on fee. Over the course of a contract might not be that much difference in what it costs us. Don't be taken in purely by the headline transfer figure.
                                So you think Foster will be on less money than that?.I realise iv screamed for a quality striker in the past but we have 2 now(Zamora and Cissie) so think other areas are more important,yes we need a good goalie,and a central midfielder,a central defender and a left back,all more important than another striker.But you are missing my point,Hughes has a budget,probably €10-€15 million and will want to get the best value possible especially if we are going after Chris Samba,who in my opinion should be our no 1 target this summer,don't he will be expensive

Comment

Working...
                                X