Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Foster close to signing Apparently!

Default Foster close to signing Apparently!

http://mobile.newsnow.co.uk/A/579591655?-294

Would be cracking signing of true!

would be an excellent signing!

Blog Entries

QPR close on keeper swoop

Rangers boss Mark Hughes has made bringing in another shot-stopper one of his main priorities in the summer transfer window after leaking 66 goals in just 38 games last season.

QPR have been linked with Rob Green, Shay Given, Heurelho Gomes and Craig Gordon, but the Birmingham City star has jumped to the top of the list.

Read More http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/lon...#ixzz1x6jtryRi

I really hope this happens, would be a massive signing.

Very good signing if it happens.
    Top Scorers 2014/2015

Eduardo Vargas - 2
    Charlie Austin - 2
    Steven Caulker - 1
    Niko Kranjcar - 1

Summer Transfers 2014/2015

IN
    Rio Ferdinand, Steven Caulker, Jordon Mutch, Mauricio Isla, Leroy Fer, Eduardo Vargas, Jack Robinson, Alex McCarthy, Sandro, Niko Kranjcar.

OUT
    Guillerme Dellatore, Yossi Benayoun, Andy Johnson, Aaron Hughes, Stephane Mbia, Luke Young, Hogan Ephraim, Angelo Balanta, Tom Hitchcock, Benoit Assou-Ekotto, Ravel Morrison, Tom Carroll, Modibo Maiga, Will Keane, Kevin Doyle, Samba Diakite, Esteban Granero, Gary O'Neil, Julio Cesar, Jack Robinson (loan), Danny Simpson, Loic Remy.

Hum,hum.
    QPR
    Best team in the world
    Sort of

7. Default

Would be very happy with Foster.

Only worry with this is the transfer fee,that will eat into Hughes budget( probably about €10 million),when Green who is a very good goalie is free

9. Default

Probably the best all-round keeper available to us, approaching his prime and will sort the position out for the next 5 years. WBA fans rave about him. Would be 5m very well spent in my book.

10. Default

Have to disagree there mate !!

A good keeper (particularly in the Prem ) is probably worth 5 pts over the course of a season . If it means another season in the Prem then money well spent !!!

Although Green is a good keeper he always looks like he's about to drop a clanger !!

For me Foster or Given ...Would be well happy with either

EDIT : My response referred to Rebel R's post !!
    Last edited by maddix; 07-06-2012 at 01:19 PM.

Mind you...foster has been relegated twice with Birmingham...
    Top Scorers 2014/2015

Eduardo Vargas - 2
    Charlie Austin - 2
    Steven Caulker - 1
    Niko Kranjcar - 1

Summer Transfers 2014/2015

IN
    Rio Ferdinand, Steven Caulker, Jordon Mutch, Mauricio Isla, Leroy Fer, Eduardo Vargas, Jack Robinson, Alex McCarthy, Sandro, Niko Kranjcar.

OUT
    Guillerme Dellatore, Yossi Benayoun, Andy Johnson, Aaron Hughes, Stephane Mbia, Luke Young, Hogan Ephraim, Angelo Balanta, Tom Hitchcock, Benoit Assou-Ekotto, Ravel Morrison, Tom Carroll, Modibo Maiga, Will Keane, Kevin Doyle, Samba Diakite, Esteban Granero, Gary O'Neil, Julio Cesar, Jack Robinson (loan), Danny Simpson, Loic Remy.

I wouldnt want us to spend 5m on him when you can get Green for free.Tbf i dont think theres alot between them.

13. Default

This is what a WBA fan had to say about him for Loftforwords' preview before we last played:

First and foremost it has to be Ben Foster. He has been so impressive this season. It is imperative over the summer that we convince Birmingham City to turn his loan into a permanent deal. Foster is an excellent shot-stopper and some of his saves this season have been crucial to us winning games – for example his point blank double save against Blackburn undoubtedly turned the game in our favour. He must easily have earned us 12 points this season. Furthermore, his distribution is superb, especially compared to the dross served up by Carson and Kiely in previous seasons. Foster always looks for the early option, and his throwing and/or kicking is almost always spot-on. I would be very surprised if he doesn’t win player of the year.

14. Default

Originally Posted by EYR
    I wouldnt want us to spend 5m on him when you can get Green for free.Tbf i dont think theres alot between them.

I thought i read somewhere that he was signing for Celtic, or am i wrong?

15. Default

Originally Posted by Ginger Ninja
    Mind you...foster has been relegated twice with Birmingham...
    That's more down to McLeish though isn't it.