Andy Johnson Signs Next Week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
    Poor signing, backward looking, too similar to the other past it forwards we've got sat around.

You can't play 4-4-2 with no pace up front, it's as simple as that. Cisse has class but the rest of them including AJ are well past it. So much for building for the future.
    Snore off mate.
    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Well it seems Foolham fans are'nt bothered :

http://cc.fulhamfc.com/forum/topics/...r-is-finalised

Comment

mmm oldest front line in the prem!
        LONDON CALLING TO THE ZOMBIES OF DEATH.... ALSO KNOW AS BRENTFORD FANS

Comment

"I give you Daniel Sturidge"

Will you also give us the £20m it would cost us - oh, and perhaps provide us with the world's best negotiator to persuade a player to swap the champions of europe for a club that only missed relegation by a point? Some worrying expectations on this board.

Comment

Unbelievable really what some are expecting.

I don't expect to see Bothroyd, Helguson or DJ Campbell in the 25 (hunch feeling) so Johnson off the bench is very decent in my book.

Comment

Originally posted by Ric-Roc View Post

I don't expect to see Bothroyd, Helguson or DJ Campbell in the 25 (hunch feeling) so Johnson off the bench is very decent in my book.
              Got to be honest I'm not excited by Johnson as his scoring record is poor (against everyone but us). But equally I'm reaistic about who we might attract. A Yakubu or Louis Saha (released by Spurs) wd be a better impact sub for me. But I wasn't excited by the arrivals of Derry or Hill and was proved completely wrong. Think we as fans just have to accept that manager's see things in players that we armchair amateurs don't see. And if it save money for Hughes to splash out on a top class centre half, then I'm happy.

Comment

I agree i don't think they'll be here either, and wouldn't be surprised if we see one more striker come in

Comment

Working on one now Dave.

I'd call it a long shot myself but would be a great signing imo.

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
                    Got to be honest I'm not excited by Johnson as his scoring record is poor (against everyone but us). But equally I'm reaistic about who we might attract. A Yakubu or Louis Saha (released by Spurs) wd be a better impact sub for me. But I wasn't excited by the arrivals of Derry or Hill and was proved completely wrong. Think we as fans just have to accept that manager's see things in players that we armchair amateurs don't see. And if it save money for Hughes to splash out on a top class centre half, then I'm happy.

Spot on stainrod.

Comment

On the Fulham board they say that AJ is seldom fit? That´s a worry, as I see it. Hmmm.
                      QPR
                      Best team in the world
                      Sort of

Comment

Some people do have unrealistic expectations for sure, but this isn't a great signing IMHO. In fact it is disapointing.

I think the thought behind it was that Dyer was getting lonely in the treatment room and Andy could keep him company. He is 50 isn't he?
                        twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

Best post on this whole thread, spot on
                          COME ON YOU RRRRSSS

Comment

Working on one now Dave.

I'd call it a long shot myself but would be a great signing imo.
                            Give us a clue Rocky?

Comment

I'm not overly excited by Johnson, but he will be a decent player off the bench make no mistake about it. He is lively and will chase everything. He is almost identical to Mackie for that, but probably a better finisher. His tally hasn't been great but i think he's often played a more subdued support role for Fulham, which has hindered that. Look at Ba for Newcastle. he was scoring for fun until January, and then Cisse came in and Ba was asked to play behind and wider and he barely scored again all season, if at all.

The good thing is MH has worked with him and seem him day in day out and knows a lot more than us as to whether he would be an asset and improvement on what we have, and if he wants him then i have no issue whatsoeaver. The fact he's also a free, along with possibly Green on a free and there could well be funds ins reserve for one or two stunning and unexpected signinigs...... Samba? Defoe?

Who knows, but we must all remember every signing is just one piece of the jigsaw.

Comment

Originally posted by EYR View Post
                                Give us a clue Rocky?
                                He already did yesterday,we are "defo" signing another striker

Comment

Working...
                                X