No announcement yet.

Andy Johnson Signs Next Week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't want him, would rather just keep DJ.
    How about some youth? A young striker to compliment the two old boys bobby and cisse?

Comment

We need someone hungry like jordan rhodes or jay rodriguez but its wether they can make the step up to the prem

Comment

Once we establish ourselves in the Prem we could have the luxury of buying young,untried talent!
        I came here to chew gum and kick ass,and I'm all outta gum!

Comment

We have balanta too.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley76 View Post
            Married with 2 kids too.
            So was Gareth Thomas mate. AJ (not that its an issue btw before this becomes a big homosexuality debate again) is certainly gay, or at least bisexual. Know a good friend of his that I played football with and he told me, directly. And he is pretty good pals with AJ, he brought him and Dempsey to a cup final we played in 3 years back.

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
            Did it hurt? :=):
            Nope he was quite gentle tbf. Plus Ive gotta right loose ar$ehole from years of practising my party trick of taking a coke can (sideways). Barely felt a thing.
            You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by Ric-Roc View Post
              All agreed & will sign when back from holiday after half term is the word tonight.

Can't say I'm jumping for joy but if it materialise's let's get behind the lad & trust Sparky.

This must be the 3rd or 4th season in a row that we get linked with AJ. Can't say it inspires me today, it did 2 seasons ago. In all honesty we are going to be linked with hundreds of players between now and 31st August.
              I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Haven't rated him much for several years now, BUT if its true that our season ticket revenue is £5m, that is potentially what we appear to be about to spend on just a goalkeeper (Foster). On top of that we have been linked to Samba (£8m), De Jong (12m?), Diakite (£3.2m), Taiwo (£4m), Mosses (£5m), Jenas (£2m?). And before anyone says "TV revenue" how much do you think is left after you pay salaries for players and backroom staff etc etc. I'm not saying all these signings are going to come off, particularly De Jong, but it does appear the board is again prepared to spend some serious dosh. If Tony Fernandes has turned round and told Mark Hughes that he can't also have another £10/12m for a Defoe or some other expensive striker as he already has Cisse and Zamora as first choice and instead he has to go for the odd cheap, short term fix then as a fan base I don't think we should get too up ourselves and instead welcome him to the Loft.

Comment

What a choker, another crock on the wage bill.

Comment

I can't believe some of the reactions on here. he looked great in both games against us last season. a good squad player with proven premiership experience. Who scored 11 goals in 27 appearences last season. a far far better player than DJ campbell.

Comment

Has a knack of scoring goals by chasing down defenders I have him
                      R's

Comment

Originally posted by Rsonist View Post
                        Not inspiring but works hard and is a canny little so-and-so. Bored of Taarabt and Mackie not falling down in the box? You've got your wish.

What it suggests to me is Hughes (reasonably enough in my opinion) has Zamora and Cisse down as first choice next season and doesn't see the need for another big signing up front who will demand a place immediately. And given how we best played last season, he's probably not thinking about playing two up top every game anyway.

People clamour for the likes of Defoe and say "we need 4 good strikers" but realistically how would it work?
                        Some very good points there mate & makes sense. Could prove to be a very good impact sub.

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
                          Haven't rated him much for several years now, BUT if its true that our season ticket revenue is £5m, that is potentially what we appear to be about to spend on just a goalkeeper (Foster). On top of that we have been linked to Samba (£8m), De Jong (12m?), Diakite (£3.2m), Taiwo (£4m), Mosses (£5m), Jenas (£2m?). And before anyone says "TV revenue" how much do you think is left after you pay salaries for players and backroom staff etc etc. I'm not saying all these signings are going to come off, particularly De Jong, but it does appear the board is again prepared to spend some serious dosh. If Tony Fernandes has turned round and told Mark Hughes that he can't also have another £10/12m for a Defoe or some other expensive striker as he already has Cisse and Zamora as first choice and instead he has to go for the odd cheap, short term fix then as a fan base I don't think we should get too up ourselves and instead welcome him to the Loft.
                          Can't argue with that.

Comment

Not that excited about this, but he is a good goalscorer on his day....But that day only seems to come when he plays AGAINST us
                            "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

Getting rid of DJ Campbell for AJ! Come on Mark this is just stupid

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post

good post

Comment

Working...
                                X