No announcement yet.

When and whay did Barton call Mackie a w0nker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the C word is a term of endearment where i work!!

Comment

I don't even post on here anymore but I've come out of retirement for this.
      Did any of you see the videos of the Portugal trip? Barton & Mackie were room mates and there was plenty of banter in evidence between the two of them.
      Agree with Benny about the Barton haters.

Comment

Thank f**k. I was banging my head against a wall for a while. Glad I'm not alone in thinking this is another Barton situation being blown out of proportion, just because it was Barton.

If it was the other way around, people would be praising Mackie.
        Your mum would love me...

Comment

And Dave, like I said, I never saw Barton give it the w@nker sign, and neither did you, so you don't have an argument. There are plenty of things that go on which we don't see, yet it amazes me how many claim to have seen our Joey doing it as soon as someone says it happened.

Most of the time it's because they want to believe it.

Like Fawny said, they were room mates. Can't imagine there's too much hate there.
          Last edited by BennyBoyRs; 29-02-2012, 09:44 AM.

Comment

Barton and mackie are quite good mates... If my pal called me a w@nker or a c u n t, I couldn't give a dam as long as it was all forgotten and he can take it on the chin when I say the same back... Older generation disagreeing Ben
            http://twitter.com/Mellowhoop

Comment

I saw the incident and unless I'm badly mistaken I don't think he even gave him the w@nker sign, what I thought what happend was Barton complained Mackie didn't pass with a few choice words...Mackie threw his hands up like "FFS, I couldn't see you when I was looking down...and as Barton jogged back he waves his hand back as in "go away / fluke off"...

Even IF he did which I still don't think he did, they are good mates, it won't be taken back to the dressing room, it's left on the pitch.

Comment

Benny you C*nt whats happening?

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffro View Post
                  Benny you C*nt whats happening?
                  Easy, Jeff. You good?

Don't don't do any hand signals at me as I might get offended.

Comment

I always greet you across the train station with a W anker signal. its a sign of affection.

Comment

Not a JT (****) liker at all but put this in the same context, what I'm saying is what happens on the pitch stays on the pitch. Is this not in a way the same?
                      Queens Park Rangers
                      NPower Champions 2010/2011

PREMIER LEAGUE 2011 - ETERNITY (Oh well got that wrong, we'll be back though)

Comment

Originally posted by 80sCasual View Post
                        Not a JT (****) liker at all but put this in the same context, what I'm saying is what happens on the pitch stays on the pitch. Is this not in a way the same?
                        Ban him
                        http://twitter.com/Mellowhoop

Comment

Originally posted by 80sCasual View Post
                          As much as I feel that situation is being blown out of proportion, when you bring creed into it, you're asking for trouble.

Plus it's JT. He's a c**t. And not in an endearing way.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyBoyRs View Post
                            I don't really see the difference in being caled a c**t, and someone giving to the w@nker sign really mate. If anything, being called a c**t is far more offensive. I find it amusing when mates call me one, but that's just how I am. I don't get offended easilly.

I bet there ain't too many in the squad who don't get on with Barton outside of the game. In fact I know that there are plenty who back him because he'll speak up for them. Of course he winds plenty up, but who doesn't?

As a player, he's not delivered, but a lot of that was because we expected something he wasn't. I still think he's done far better than many credit him for, but I can't be arsed argueing that as most peoples minds are made up on him. But I absolutely guarantee that if he scored four goals and we lost 5-4, he'd be the one getting the blame. It makes me laugh at how inaccurate his haters are when it comes to there opinion on his contributions in some games. He needs to improve, but there are far worse in the squad than him.
                            Of course supporters wouldn't blame Barton if he scored four goals in a match - but let's face it, it's not going to happen. Fans are unhappy because he is contributing very little to the team and is quite clearly a disruptive influence on dressing room spirit. You're implying that complaints about Barton are unfounded. He has been absolutely appalling this season - look at his pass completion rate. His set-pieces are also an absolute joke - what summed him up was that corner he took against Fulham which went straight out of play. Given that he plays such an important role on the pitch (and is the team captain), I would argue that he has been one of our worst players.

Comment

I knew I would get those replies and agree racial slurs are different but if it wasn't for it being reported by a fan I don't think it would have gone any further.
                              Queens Park Rangers
                              NPower Champions 2010/2011

PREMIER LEAGUE 2011 - ETERNITY (Oh well got that wrong, we'll be back though)

Comment

Originally posted by The Godfather View Post
                                Of course supporters wouldn't blame Barton if he scored four goals in a match - but let's face it, it's not going to happen. Fans are unhappy because he is contributing very little to the team and is quite clearly a disruptive influence on dressing room spirit. You're implying that complaints about Barton are unfounded. He has been absolutely appalling this season - look at his pass completion rate. His set-pieces are also an absolute joke - what summed him up was that corner he took against Fulham which went straight out of play. Given that he plays such an important role on the pitch (and is the team captain), I would argue that he has been one of our worst players.
                                Do you have insider information on this or are you just pulling something out of thin air to try and strengthen your argument?

Comment

Working...
                                X