First big mistake TF has made..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First big mistake TF has made..

I'm a huge TF fan but I think with the firing of Warnock and the hiring of Hughes we are now more likely to go down than was the case after the Norwich game.

I think we stand a 99% chance of staying up now, we were in free fall and something had to be done asap.

Comment

I disagree. It seems not many were too keen on playing for Warnock. That in turn made the owners unsure of whether or not to trust Neil with their dough. Hughes wouldn't have came here without knowing he was going to be heavily backed, and he's more than likely got more chance of convincing a higher calibre of player to the club.

Also, Hughes will play SWP in his correct position once the midfield is sorted and for those reasons I think this was the right choice.

I still think it was harsh on Neil, but s**t happens I guess.
      Your mum would love me...

Comment

I dont know about 99% chance , but i agree were much more likely to stay up know, a new manager always bucks things up , and thats not even taking into account who were going to buy
        Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

Originally posted by bushkangaroo View Post
          I'm a huge TF fan but I think with the firing of Warnock and the hiring of Hughes we are now more likely to go down than was the case after the Norwich game.
          I think the total opposite.

Comment

Originally posted by bushkangaroo View Post
            I can't say I agree, why do you think we are now more likely to go down?

Comment

Originally posted by BennyBoyRs View Post
              I disagree. It seems not many were too keen on playing for Warnock. That in turn made the owners unsure of whether or not to trust Neil with their dough. Hughes wouldn't have came here without knowing he was going to be heavily backed, and he's more than likely got more chance of convincing a higher calibre of player to the club.

Also, Hughes will play SWP in his correct position once the midfield is sorted and for those reasons I think this was the right choice.

I still think it was harsh on Neil, but s**t happens I guess.

Something had to change.

Comment

I think TF has actually shown some balls, removing NW can't have been an easy decision. Tony wants to see progress for the money he has invested and I'm affraid that NW had taken us as far as he could.

Onwards and upwards
                I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

For all the brilliant things NW done for QPR FC, he should have been sacked after we drew against West Brom at home, as it was crystal clear things needed changing and there was no point carrying on with him in charge.

Comment

Really Bush? I am stunned by that statement if I'm honest. I too was/am a huge Warnock fan and was stoic in my defence of the man, his selections, tactics and antics. That is the way I feel it should be = support the man at the helm no mater what and be accepting that if he is the man trusted with the job then get 100% behind him.
                    Hughes has far greater premier league experience, has an impressive record at this level and seems be be hugely respected by a higher quality of player than those in the Warnock camp.
                    Notwithstanding my admiration for Warnock and personal ambivalence towards Hughes, even I can see which man has the better prospects of, not only keeping us up but making it a rather dull end to the season - in the context of being safe with games to spare.
                    Then, I can see this man pushing us to a whole new level next season and beyod whereas Neil would have been contemplating a pre-season in Corwall and another season of huff and puff next time.
                    #standuptocancer
                    #inyourfacecancer

Comment

I am with you Spencer!......... Think 99% better chance of staying up is also spot on MYU.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
                        Really Bush? I am stunned by that statement if I'm honest. I too was/am a huge Warnock fan and was stoic in my defence of the man, his selections, tactics and antics. That is the way I feel it should be = support the man at the helm no mater what and be accepting that if he is the man trusted with the job then get 100% behind him.
                        Hughes has far greater premier league experience, has an impressive record at this level and seems be be hugely respected by a higher quality of player than those in the Warnock camp.
                        Notwithstanding my admiration for Warnock and personal ambivalence towards Hughes, even I can see which man has the better prospects of, not only keeping us up but making it a rather dull end to the season - in the context of being safe with games to spare.
                        Then, I can see this man pushing us to a whole new level next season and beyod whereas Neil would have been contemplating a pre-season in Corwall and another season of huff and puff next time.
                        Top post mate.
                        Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                        Pawel Wszolek - 6
                        Luke Freeman - 6
                        Matt Smith - 6
                        Ebere Eze - 4
                        Joel Lynch - 3
                        Tomer Hemed - 3
                        Toni Leistner - 2
                        Massimo Luongo- 2
                        Angel Rangel - 2
                        Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                        Geoff Cameron - 1
                        Aramide Oteh - 1
                        Jake Bidwell - 1
                        Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

I'm gutted for Neil but I feel this is the right decision by TF for QPR, Hughes can move the club forward and bring in top quality players and get the best out of them. Unfortunately Warnock is limited in that respect, for example playing SWP out of position time and time again, we could all see he can't play in a free role...I am sure Hughes will rectify that straight away!

It was a brave move by TF to replace Neil, but one that shows that he clearly knows what he is doing, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
                            Superb post Blue, summed up my thoughts exactly but saved me typing it
                            You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

After being sorry to see Warno go now the dust has settled I can see some errors of judgements He made ie letting Hill out on loan then having to recall Him ,
                              Signing Punchion naming Him in the 25 and not using Him ,instead of naming Hogan in the 25 and not sending Him on loan ,ok He might not have used Hogan but that would have saved money instead of looking like He was waisting money and looking like His assesment of of Hill being surplas to requirements being wrong ,and his assesing Punchion of being of some use
                              I still and always will remain greatfull to Him tho

Comment

Working...
                              X