18,200 in the Premier league

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 18,200 in the Premier league

I know the subject has been raised many times before, but now we are finally in the Premier league surely the board will have to make a decision sometime soon on whether to increase the capacity at Loftus Road?

Clubs like Wolves and Stoke get 28000 gates so potentially they will pull-in £400,000 more than we will per game.....unless as is likely, our prices are cranked up to support the shortfall in income.

yeah we need a bigger ground,
    QPR BORN AND BRED

Comment

Originally posted by fazer vic View Post
      yeah we need a bigger ground,
      And a bigger blue and White bar eh Vic! Trying to get a beer in there yesterday was a 'kin joke.

Comment

This season has shown there is the demand-at least 5 times the HOME end was sold out. Imagine what the demand will be against United, Chelsea, Fulham ect.

Ideally we need another 10k worth of capacity
        Now, Then, Forever
        [CENTER]QPR-Football League CHAMPIONS

Comment

Originally posted by BobHazell View Post
          And a bigger blue and White bar eh Vic! Trying to get a beer in there yesterday was a 'kin joke.
          tell me about it first time i have had to wait too be serverd,

QPR BORN AND BRED

Comment

If we decide to stay at Loftus Rd the only option for increasing the capacity is from Ellerslie Rd Stand.
            It had mentioned a week ago we could use Wembley for next season ))

Comment

Originally posted by qpr333 View Post
              If we decide to stay at Loftus Rd the only option for increasing the capacity is from Ellerslie Rd Stand.
              It had mentioned a week ago we could use Wembley for next season ))
              Or how about buying the school an alternative site so we cd get that ground back - seems to me that is the obvious end to build.

Comment

Don't get me wrong i know we need a bigger capacity but our ground is unique. On saturday it looked amazing. All the flags the tight closed ground and the fans right next to the pitch. Give me our ground over Wembley, Old Trafford, The Emirates etc anyday. I hope there is a chance to up the capacity cos i would be so sad if we had to leave this ground.

Comment

Agree we need a new ground and whilst I love LR's uniqueness, its close to the pitch, generates a cracking atmosphere etc. In these days of football and its commercial pull we need to move with the times. There must be hundreds of seats in the ground that have to be sold as 'restricted' or 'severely restricted' view...who will want to pay £40/£50 next year to see Stoke, Brum, Villa etc for one of those? I think its one reason we sometimes do not quite sell out.

Comment

With the greatest respect, how it loftus road unique? Have you been to places like roots hall or kenilworth road?

Comment

Originally posted by qprjames View Post
                      This season has shown there is the demand-at least 5 times the HOME end was sold out. Imagine what the demand will be against United, Chelsea, Fulham ect.

Ideally we need another 10k worth of capacity
                      You might be right, but off the top of my head I only recall Leicester, Hull and Leeds.

We will have additional home seats now School lower is for home fans. I know it is only a bit, but it is a start.
                      twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

I got a taxi yesterday and the cabbie was a Morrocan. He said he knows Adel indirectly and he is leaving in the summer.

He also told me that we have bought the BBC site and are waiting for the lease to expire. A planning submission has already gone into the council for a new stadium. All of this comes from a planning officer who he picks up.

Comment

Originally posted by Gloucs_R View Post
                          I got a taxi yesterday and the cabbie was a Morrocan. He said he knows Adel indirectly and he is leaving in the summer.

He also told me that we have bought the BBC site and are waiting for the lease to expire. A planning submission has already gone into the council for a new stadium. All of this comes from a planning officer who he picks up.
                          He's probably a poster on here
                          I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Originally posted by silvercue View Post
                            You might be right, but off the top of my head I only recall Leicester, Hull and Leeds.

We will have additional home seats now School lower is for home fans. I know it is only a bit, but it is a start.
                            Palace, Derby, Norwich, Cardiff, Forest?

Also don't forget there will be more away fans wanting to come next year. Personally I think we would sell out 25k most weeks
                            Last edited by qprjames; 09-05-2011, 09:17 AM.
                            Now, Then, Forever
                            [CENTER]QPR-Football League CHAMPIONS

Comment

Hillingdon is a lovely place on the A40 corridor and would provide the additional fans to fill a 30,000 all seater. I know its not everyone's ideal place, but imagine a purpose built football ground/training ground/leisure complex with hotel and conference facilities, QPR FC would coin it in 24/7.

Comment

Working...
                              X