Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haye vs Bellew

Who do we all fancy?

Haye should win if all goes to plan but have had a sneaky feeling Bellew might just expose Hayes inactivity in the ring.

Hype job of a fight. will watch it but won't pay for it. Better fight later on in US, Thurman vs Garcia

Comment

Originally posted by Bigdave View Post
      Who do we all fancy?

Haye should win if all goes to plan but have had a sneaky feeling Bellew might just expose Hayes inactivity in the ring.
      I feel the same. Bellew shouldnt really stand a chance but Haye was retired and in the celebrity jungle 5years ago. Thats so long ago.

Comment

Haye will win i expect although as Hove said massively hyped fight for no real reason.

Comment

Yeah of course it's a hype job and sky are the ###### at this sort of thing.

Had to laugh when that bell end Jim White slated David haye on talk sport saying he's a bad character and that tonly bellew is a nice guy and wouldn't of resorted to the kind of threats haye has made.

Just because Bellew is promoted by Eddie Hearn who is backed by sky who Jim White works for.

Bellew has made a living out of giving it the verbals.

Comment

Waste of time this one. Haye within 3 rounds. Bellow can't and shouldn't fight at this weight, it's just about the money.
            I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

It's been brilliantly promoted though - you could almost believe they really do hate each other!

Comment

Bellew isn't on David Haye's level, that's if you are basing your opinion around the David Haye of 5 years ago. Problem is that Haye was inactive for over 3 years and since then has only fought absolute bums. Anyone's guess what happens in this fight really!

Comment

go haye

Comment

Originally posted by davidla80 View Post
                    It's been brilliantly promoted though - you could almost believe they really do hate each other!
                    Haye is the best actor in the businees. Made himself 5 million out of a totally nothing fight with his Oscar worthy hatred act.
                    He said he wants to get to Hollywood when he was in the jungle.
                    Even did the fake glass bottle trick that time to build hype.
                    True thespian.

Comment

Haye should be an actor , never in my life have I seen a fight so obviously fixed. That scouse kannt is useless, haye through the ropes with a gingerly brush of his kin cornrows ffs. I want me money back you pair of useless kannts!!!
                      Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

Made up fake hatred confirmed by both fighters in the ring straight after

Comment

Originally posted by vanhoop View Post
                          Haye should be an actor , never in my life have I seen a fight so obviously fixed. That scouse kannt is useless, haye through the ropes with a gingerly brush of his kin cornrows ffs. I want me money back you pair of useless kannts!!!
                          That fight was never fixed in a million years. It wasn't world class boxing, granted. It was also over-hyped to the point is resembled a WWE event in the build up but to call it fixed is ridiculous.

I don't like either boxer. I used to like Haye but I think he's got far too much to say for himself these days. That being said, you have to respect both fighters. Bellew has fought a guy who at their natural fighting weights is a couple of stone heavier. And Haye ruptured his Achilles Tendon and damaged his knee ligaments in the subsequent fall. That happened in the 6th round and his corner had to throw the towel in during the 11th round, Haye would have fought on.

For me, I hope Haye retires. I also hope Bellew either does the same or returns to his natural fighting weight. I also think the fact that either of these guys are being considered contenders at heavyweight tells you just how weak that division is these days. I think Anthony Joshua will reign supreme for many years to come.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                            That fight was never fixed in a million years. It wasn't world class boxing, granted. It was also over-hyped to the point is resembled a WWE event in the build up but to call it fixed is ridiculous.

I don't like either boxer. I used to like Haye but I think he's got far too much to say for himself these days. That being said, you have to respect both fighters. Bellew has fought a guy who at their natural fighting weights is a couple of stone heavier. And Haye ruptured his Achilles Tendon and damaged his knee ligaments in the subsequent fall. That happened in the 6th round and his corner had to throw the towel in during the 11th round, Haye would have fought on.

For me, I hope Haye retires. I also hope Bellew either does the same or returns to his natural fighting weight. I also think the fact that either of these guys are being considered contenders at heavyweight tells you just how weak that division is these days. I think Anthony Joshua will reign supreme for many years to come.
                            Tarbie, if haye had a ruptured Achilles and knee ligament damage he wouldn't be able to walk let alone fight.cant recall sky showing us that moment over and over again. So staged it was beyond belief mate.
                            Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

Originally posted by vanhoop View Post
                              Tarbie, if haye had a ruptured Achilles and knee ligament damage he wouldn't be able to walk let alone fight.cant recall sky showing us that moment over and over again. So staged it was beyond belief mate.
                              Well I've watched the whole fight twice now and I'm utterly convinced that Haye was injured. It's impossible to feign injury like that for 6 rounds. It's not like he did a swan dive or something. His whole leg was clearly immobile for 6 rounds straight.

Comment

Working...
                              X