New graduates from the Tony Fernandes school of Club Ownership

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New graduates from the Tony Fernandes school of Club Ownership

See Birmingham City are doing their best to follow very closely in Tony's steps. Take a club over with a perfectly good manager, sack him and appoint a 'name' who very quickly gets them on the slippery slope to relegation. Appoint another 'name' who no doubt is talking right now about the nice owners having their trousers pulled down. So far they've only spent a miserly £8M creating this mess, but you know the next stage because we've all seen it - support the wrong manager, let him throw lots of money at it, get players in who just want one last big payday and see hundreds of millions flushed down the toilet achieving precisely nothing.

Tony is nothing like the brummie owners hahaha. Can't you remember people calling for colins sacking when we were in the prem coz i can. People rip on tony all the time and dont get me wrong, he hasnt got a good brain for football but theres no questioning his heart for the club

Comment

To be fair to Tony, our first name MarK Hughes has done pretty well everywhere else and the other big name did take us up (however lucky that was!) so not sure about that comparison.

Comment

TF has made mistakes but as said many times before Mark Hughes and Harry were not bad appointments on paper and the majority of fans were happy with them. I was at MK Dons FA Cup game and fans had turned on NW during that game and a few before, so no comparison at all with Birmingham who sacked their manager when in 7th place.

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
          TF has made mistakes but as said many times before Mark Hughes and Harry were not bad appointments on paper and the majority of fans were happy with them. I was at MK Dons FA Cup game and fans had turned on NW during that game and a few before, so no comparison at all with Birmingham who sacked their manager when in 7th place.
          Yes, I was there Kit. That was the first time the fans turned and he was gone the next day.
          It made me sad, the end of a good era for us.

Comment

Originally posted by amusant View Post
            So far they've only spent a miserly £8M creating this mess, but you know the next stage because we've all seen it - support the wrong manager, let him throw lots of money at it, get players in who just want one last big payday and see hundreds of millions flushed down the toilet achieving precisely nothing.
            Let's hope they throw money at us to buy Caulker...

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
              Agreed and would say was happy enough with rationale behind appointing both Ramsey and JFH. First one I don't get is Ollie beyond basic sentimentality.

Comment

...but despite all of the comments, still incredible to have spent around £300M to turn a side struggling to stay into the Premier League to one struggling to stay in the Championship. That takes a really special level of incompetence...but yes you have to give Tony and his fellow directors credit for having written it all off rather than burdening the club with a huge debt for their mistakes.

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post
                  TF hasnt got a good brain for football but theres no questioning his heart for the club
                  What use is just heart and a fat wallet? Look where that's got us in the 6 years of his Chairmanship.

The only football person he has on the board is LF, who so far has done a good job in clearing the high earners off the books, but the jury is still out if he'll deliver for us long-term. Look at his QPR record of recruiting mangers so far. Not great is it? Hopefully it'll be 3rd time lucky with Ollie though once he's had a chance to build his own squad over the summer and into preseason. Only then can we truly judge, come the first 10-15 games of next season in the champs (as I certainly don't believe we're going down).

In short, TF and LF still have everything to prove.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                    What use is just heart and a fat wallet? Look where that's got us in the 6 years of his Chairmanship.

The only football person he has on the board is LF, who so far has done a good job in clearing the high earners off the books, but the jury is still out if he'll deliver for us long-term. Look at his QPR record of recruiting mangers so far. Not great is it? Hopefully it'll be 3rd time lucky with Ollie though once he's had a chance to build his own squad over the summer and into preseason. Only then can we truly judge, come the first 10-15 games of next season in the champs (as I certainly don't believe we're going down).

In short, TF and LF still have everything to prove.
                    Theres a hell of a lot worse owners out there than tony who clearly wants whats best for us, whether it be trying to get us a new stadium+training ground, buying us big names in the past then holding his hands up and clearing the debt that he caused rather than just walking out on us.

Definetly agree that both les and tony have a lot to prove though, i think theres a good chance that they could, especially with hoos overseeing the running of the club.

Comment

Originally posted by amusant View Post
                      ...but despite all of the comments, still incredible to have spent around £300M to turn a side struggling to stay into the Premier League to one struggling to stay in the Championship. That takes a really special level of incompetence...
                      I think someone worked out than on a £ per point basis it made the most unsuccessful club of all time.

Way to go!

Comment

Working...
                      X