This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FAO Hal.....

Now that we've just had the news of maclaren leaving, i think thats ended our bet we had and im ready for you to square me up as we both promised, when you can...

thanks in advance pink
    http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

I'm sure hal will sort you out, always came across as an honest bloke. How much does he owe you? Free pint?
    I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
      I'm sure hal will sort you out, always came across as an honest bloke. How much does he owe you? Free pint?
      Yes i agree weare and i probably came across wrong re reading that, was said in a kind of jest not that its funny that any one of us lost a bet, it was only for £50 in the end.

Comment

Just copy n pasted hals response on the poll thread, as its nothing to do with that thread hals response at the bottom of his post....

Today, 09:06 AM

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
        We're going to struggle whoever we appoint as long as we retain the same board. Saving a few grand per week on January loans makes no sense if you're looking down the barrel come April. Instead we actually loaned out at least one useful contender. I think that's when Smac fell out with team Les and since then we've been racing downhill.

The board was right to sack him as it became obvious that for whatever reason he wasn't getting a shift out of them, and no manager can get survive that in this day and age. Exactly the same thing happened to Ollie. That's because the club is toxic, and until changes are made above management level (like the DoF for example) we'll stay that way.

Pinks - for some reason I can't PM you. I'd resigned myself to taking a hit but the sacking means all bets are off, It would be ironic if they get a bounce off the new manager and move up the table but I can't see it.

Lololol how come youve not replied on my fao hal thread hal, and how can the bet be called off??? you lost the bet, the one you was lording on here for ages, to the point i took it on in the end even though was sure i placed it with you before our loans came in, but being the gentleman i honoured my side of the bet, the bet was a simple you thought mac was going to end up with more points than ollie did last season, simples....

As for contacting me to pay, you can message me on my soundcloud link or i can get one of the admin to pass on my email address, so no problem there.......

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
          Hmmmm beginning to wonder now weare son.....

Comment

This bet is not void at all Hal, the bet was based on points by the seasons end. Macs season is now ended with QPR and he has less points than Ollie had last season.

I`m quite surprised by youre stance after lording it to anyone to dare to take your bet on with you on the forum for all to see, also private messaging me after repeatedly goading me to bet you, hence i took to my word, and placed the bet of £50 with you, either to ourselves or a charity, i certainly wouldnt of backed down from this virtual hand shake, very poor.....

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
              This bet is not void at all Hal, the bet was based on points by the seasons end. Macs season is now ended with QPR and he has less points than Ollie had last season.

I`m quite surprised by youre stance after lording it to anyone to dare to take your bet on with you on the forum for all to see, also private messaging me after repeatedly goading me to bet you, hence i took to my word, and placed the bet of £50 with you, either to ourselves or a charity, i certainly wouldnt of backed down from this virtual hand shake, very poor.....
              If the wording was seasons end then the bet surely has to be void. The season hasnt ended has it so we’ll never know what might have been, regardless of what anyone thinks might have happened if Steve had stayed in charge.
              “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
              Will Danaher

Comment

Originally posted by Itsonlyagame View Post

If the wording was seasons end then the bet surely has to be void. The season hasnt ended has it so we’ll never know what might have been, regardless of what anyone thinks might have happened if Steve had stayed in charge.
                The bet was hal saying mac would do better than ollie did last season and points wise, he hasnt done end of, no other rules were made regarding if he got the sack, and him getting the sacks cos hes been rubbish....

the bets ended & hal lost the bet end of.

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post

The bet was hal saying mac would do better than ollie did last season and points wise, he hasnt done end of, no other rules were made regarding if he got the sack, and him getting the sacks cos hes been rubbish....

the bets ended & hal lost the bet end of.
                  By your own admission the bet said points by the seasons end. Mac isn’t here anymore yet the season hasn’t ended so how can the bet possible stand.
                  Grow up man.
                  “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
                  Will Danaher

Comment

But Mac's season has ended
                    Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                    Work Best When Open...
                    @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Originally posted by Itsonlyagame View Post

By your own admission the bet said points by the seasons end. Mac isn’t here anymore yet the season hasn’t ended so how can the bet possible stand.
                      Grow up man.
                      What are you on about, there was never going to be a void, macs not become ill all of a sudden lol, hes failed as hes got the sack, i wasnt the one lording it around the forum about no one dare take the bet on...

The money can go to a very good cause for charity.......

Comment

I see Hals not logged in since trying to get out of paying this bet we had, really poor show from him tbh, and he knows it too

Comment

Just leave it now.

Comment

I don't want to stir this up again but I'm not happy about being accused of welching on a bet.

As I said on the previous thread, and everyone knows, the bet was Ollie's performance vs Smac's over a season. We didn't get that.

At the time SMac was sacked, we could still have ended up with a better tally than under Ollie. We might not have done, but we'll never know. Had Smac been replaced immediately with someone and we eneded up with more points, I wouldn't have asked Pinks to pay up.

When I first asked Pinks to have a bet I actually suggested that someone act as stakeholder to ensure fair play. It's a great shame that this never happened. If admin can recover my PMs and posts I'm happy for him to verify this.

I also need to correct the misapprehension that I haven't posted on here since the sacking. That is another easily verifiable fact, but we are where we are.

Comment

Working...
                            X