X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QPRDave
    replied
    Originally posted by Johnnykc View Post

Going for another day of making a complete prick of yourself Dave?
    just trying to catch you up

Leave a comment:

• CroydonCaptainJack
    replied
    I wonder how the club are getting on with the investigation?
    Wouldn't surprise me if it was quietly dropped and was just a reaction to all of the stupid events last weekend at Brum etc

Leave a comment:

• Johnnykc
    replied
    Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
    Can say with all certainty though johnny kfc or whoever he is a #### of the highest order though!!
    Going for another day of making a complete prick of yourself Dave?

Leave a comment:

• Itsonlyagame
    replied
    Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
    Can say with all certainty though johnny kfc or whoever he is a #### of the highest order though!!

Such an emotive subject Dave and people more learned than me have opposing views. I don’t pretend to know what it must have been like for soldiers that were there, stressful to say the least. It’s a known fact that some of the protesters were members of the IRA.
    The fact remains though that the vast majority of people there were not armed or indeed members of a terrorist organisation. And senior army officers at the time now admit themselves that monumental mistakes were made by their soldiers.
    All I would say is this. If my son or daughter went on a match to protest about their civil rights and ended up shot in the back by the security forces, I’d dedicate my life to trying to secure justice for them, no matter how many years had passed.

Leave a comment:

• QPRDave
    replied

Leave a comment:

• QPRDave
    replied
    Originally posted by Itsonlyagame View Post

Just wanted to add, the reports into the shootings state that many of the victims were shot in the back, some while crawling away and one victim was shot in the head while attempting to help someone else who was wounded. He was waving a white handkerchief at the time of his shooting.
    Difficult Itsonly very difficult.
    We go back to crimes committed 70 odd yrs ago and we say prosecute the b**tards.
    But a lot of people say these men shouldn't be, and that's only going back 40 odd years.
    How do we justify not prosecuting them? My first instinct was to say no way should they be done.
    Then I ask myself why?...And answer because they were doing their job/ following orders etc......

This is different in that it turned into a riot I believe unless I've got that wrong. The IRA were present you can bet on it,
    and again I believe shots were fired by protesters.
    But your second post really makes you think/realise how and where they were shot.....dunno just dunno

Leave a comment:

• Itsonlyagame
    replied
    Originally posted by Itsonlyagame View Post

That’s a good point.
    On the subject of James McClean, what are people’s thoughts on the decision to prosecute a paratrooper who allegedly shot two protesters in Derry on Bloody Sunday.
    Just wanted to add, the reports into the shootings state that many of the victims were shot in the back, some while crawling away and one victim was shot in the head while attempting to help someone else who was wounded. He was waving a white handkerchief at the time of his shooting.

Leave a comment:

• Itsonlyagame
    replied
    Originally posted by 72bus View Post
    wasn't this about james McClean
    That’s a good point.
    On the subject of James McClean, what are people’s thoughts on the decision to prosecute a paratrooper who allegedly shot two protesters in Derry on Bloody Sunday.

Leave a comment:

• 72bus
    replied
    wasn't this about james McClean

Leave a comment:

• Pinkie
    replied
    Originally posted by vespa View Post

a reply would be nice , considering you drop my name in your comment .....
    Sorry vesps only just seen your reply, im not going to mention his name as hes not wanting me too, but hes someone you get on very well with and like, even though you do pretty much everyone

Leave a comment:

• vespa
    replied
    Originally posted by vespa View Post

Do you mean someone who i go with ? or just a poster from here i like mate ? Cos as far as i am concerned i havn`t fallen out with anyone here , yourself included , theres no one here i dont like !
    a reply would be nice , considering you drop my name in your comment .....

Leave a comment:

• Itsonlyagame
    replied
    Originally posted by Gtleighsr3 View Post
    as mica paris sang,where is the love.
    Love don’t live here anymore

Leave a comment:

• Gtleighsr3
    replied
    as mica paris sang,where is the love.

Leave a comment:

• vespa
    replied
    Originally posted by Pinkie View Post

someone vesps likes tried to join up there the other week .
    Do you mean someone who i go with ? or just a poster from here i like mate ? Cos as far as i am concerned i havn`t fallen out with anyone here , yourself included , theres no one here i dont like !

Leave a comment:

• Tarbie
    replied
    Originally posted by Norths View Post

I did edit the post to include 'if that's what happened' as can't say I've seen all of the exchanges between the two of you.
    Traitor wasn't the word used to be fair mate. I think he referred to me as an 'arrogant young pup'. Whatever that's meant to mean!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X