Club Investigating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post

Some people don't have the opportunity to get an education. It is not always their fault. Is that a reason to look down on them from your lofty heights?
    You're right and maybe, as the two are very different things, I should have used the word 'ignorant' rather than 'uneducated.

Comment

Originally posted by Clapton is God View Post

And yet you want everyone Irish to completely condemn the IRA?
      I never said I wanted every Irish person to condemn the IRA and nor do I expect them to. I understand why the IRA have support, I know about the Troubles, and the history of it, but understanding doesn't mean you accept or agree - which you fail to understand.

Both sides, on occasions, acted against all sense of humanity but if you listen to people you can understand why both had support too.
      This is meaningless twaddle, the kind of rubbish a vacuous MP would reel out on question time when speaking about an issue that's too complex for them and who is more concerned about presenting themselves in certain way than actually having an opinion or addressing an issue.

Comment

And yet you want everyone Irish to completely condemn the IRA?

Both sides, on occasions, acted against all sense of humanity but if you listen to people you can understand why both had support too.
        Please just get this ######## an invite to the other forum, or maybe fulham's

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post

Please just get this ######## an invite to the other forum, or maybe fulham's
          Great counter argument...

​​

Comment

Originally posted by Joe90 View Post

I never said I wanted every Irish person to condemn the IRA and nor do I expect them to. I understand why the IRA have support, I know about the Troubles, and the history of it, but understanding doesn't mean you accept or agree - which you fail to understand.

This is meaningless twaddle, the kind of rubbish a vacuous MP would reel out on question time when speaking about an issue that's too complex for them and who is more concerned about presenting themselves in certain way than actually having an opinion or addressing an issue.
            Nah, I do have an opinion on it and I know plenty about the History of the Troubles coming from an Irish Catholic family and being once married to an Ulster Protestant whose family included staunch Orangemen.

My opinion is that if I was born in Derry and had knowledge of the British Army atrocities I would probably either support or join the IRA.

If I was born in East Belfast and perceived the IRA as a threat to my people and the Republic insisting claim to the 6 counties I would probably either support or join the UDA.

If I lived in England and had no knowledge of what the Army were doing in our name in Northern Ireland but saw soilders killed by the IRA I would unconditionally support the Army and the UDA.

What changed everything, however was sitting down together and listening to what the other side had to say. In the end Martin McGuiness and Ian Paisley became friends who had dinner at each other's house because they spoke and listened to people who had a different story to tell.

So it isn't twaddle. It's a statement of truth and it is, contrary to what you say, a complex situation.

Maybe if the ignorant idiots condemning McClean took the same approach they wouldn't be so bitter and angry and they may find themselves called idiots less often.

Comment

Nah, I do have an opinion on it and I know plenty about the History of the Troubles coming from an Irish Catholic family and being once married to an Ulster Protestant whose family included staunch Orangemen.

My opinion is that if I was born in Derry and had knowledge of the British Army atrocities I would probably either support or join the IRA.

If I was born in East Belfast and perceived the IRA as a threat to my people and the Republic insisting claim to the 6 counties I would probably either support or join the UDA.

If I lived in England and had no knowledge of what the Army were doing in our name in Northern Ireland but saw soilders killed by the IRA I would unconditionally support the Army and the UDA.

What changed everything, however was sitting down together and listening to what the other side had to say. In the end Martin McGuiness and Ian Paisley became friends who had dinner at each other's house because they spoke and listened to people who had a different story to tell.

So it isn't twaddle. It's a statement of truth and it is, contrary to what you say, a complex situation.

Maybe if the ignorant idiots condemning McClean took the same approach they wouldn't be so bitter and angry and they may find themselves called idiots less often.
              I don't disagree with you about understanding why someone feels the way they do and I know already the things you're saying, but as I've said before and will say again, to hear ones views does not mean you will agree or accept them. You hide behind this concept, this 'truism' of 'understanding' and 'reconciliation' and a pseudo enlightenment approach but offer up a facile opinion that is essentially a process and not really an opinion. You also completely miss quote me!

Will also add, I don't think you're wrong as such, and your point of view does no harm, but I still don't have a problem with the so called 'abuse' McClean has received and as I said before, has it crossed a line yet? I don't think so.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe90 View Post

I don't disagree with you about understanding why someone feels the way they do and I know already the things you're saying, but as I've said before and will say again, to hear ones views does not mean you will agree or accept them. You hide behind this concept, this 'truism' of 'understanding' and 'reconciliation' and a pseudo enlightenment approach but offer up a facile opinion that is essentially a process and not really an opinion. You also completely miss quote me!

Will also add, I don't think you're wrong as such, and your point of view does no harm, but I still don't have a problem with the so called 'abuse' McClean has received and as I said before, has it crossed a line yet? I don't think so.
                Fair dos.

Well have to agree to disagree on a few points both you and I make but that's life!

Comment

Fair dos.

Well have to agree to disagree on a few points both you and I make but that's life!
                  That's fair enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie

He's welcome at the other forum mate. Decent poster.
                    http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie

He's welcome at the other forum mate. Decent poster.
                      Why dont you try to get youre own new members instead of coming on here trying to poach off the back of myu, try making yer website public instead of private, i know someone who tried to register with you and you didnt even bother replying to him as to reasons why youve not let him join, strange way to get qpr to stick together, running a forum you need to be welcoming everyone and accept you arent going to love everyone who joins, if you cant do that youre in the wrong job

Comment

Originally posted by Norths View Post
                        Fans caught on camera asking James McClean “wheres your poppy?"

Now ignoring getting into the debate whether someone should or shouldn't wear the poppy, is this really 'abuse' that is deserving of an investigation? I'm sure we all hear far worse said in stadiums every week.
                        Simple answer is no..... this doesn't deserve an investigation.

James Mclean should have just told the thick #### to #### off......

Comment

Originally posted by Johnnykc View Post

Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                          Work Best When Open...
                          @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

A well balanced and intelligent post.

You won't last long on this forum!

Comment

Originally posted by Johnnykc View Post

Agree also johnny

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post

Agree also johnny
                                I totally agree with James Mcleans decision not to wear a poppy.....

People who take umbrage with it and call him out on it are stupid.

But it doesn't warrant any investigation.

Comment

Working...
                                X