Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fraggy View Post
    Welcome back Dave, miss you big time

Also, sort of agree with Leighsy, always classed myself as English not British, although baptized a RC, I truly don't give religion a second thought, as its history shows religion has always been used to control or conquer.

The past is the past, we need to look forward.
    FYI, I can fly any flag I want here in Canada.
    Only if you take the rainbow one down of your pole first
    Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Originally posted by Gtleighsr3 View Post

Only if you take the rainbow one down of your pole first
      Don't mess with me rainbow or I'll send Bungle after ya!

Minds Are Like Parachutes.
      Work Best When Open...
      @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Originally posted by Clapton is God View Post

That's bloody ridiculous and sums up the direction elements of the club are heading to.

Anyone find it absolutely bizarre, ridiculous and pointless when the stewards run into position at the Loft end every time the away team has a corner or throw in at that end?

Too busy trying to make us a Disney football experience sometimes.
        Last game i watched with my dad at LR before big c took him, apparently it was because we were sat in school end and villa fans were above us, never been so wound up my kids team keeper would of palmed it round post Calamity green made right hash of it! Brum fan a tit but these guys are on stupid amounts and cant take a week fake injury like they in ww2 and 30 seconds later they'd beat usain bolt. Alf garnett used to say football is working mans ballet how true!

Comment

Originally posted by Fraggy View Post
          Welcome back Dave, miss you big time

Also, sort of agree with Leighsy, always classed myself as English not British, although baptized a RC, I truly don't give religion a second thought, as its history shows religion has always been used to control or conquer.

The past is the past, we need to look forward.
          FYI, I can fly any flag I want here in Canada.
          Thanks Fraggs

Comment

I think you may need to invest some time learning about firstly someone from Derry may support the IRA, secondly why that support does not always equate to a support of the killing of innocent people like in Warrington and finally how people earning money is about pounds in the bank and not an endorsement of any Government decisions.

McClean does not hate English people or England as a country. He has problems with the actions of a previous Government and the symbol which, in Northern Ireland at least, equates to support of the troops who occupied Ireland and killed members of the Catholic community.

He is not a uneducated bigot unlike the idiots who abused him on Saturday.
            I understand why he doesn't wear a poppy and I don't have a problem with that from what I've read of it, however if he professed his support for the IRA I'd have a massive problem with that. But the issue hear is the abuse he received and whether it should be investigated. I think considering the current climate we need to be VERY careful that verbal abuse doesn't become physical and perhaps maybe it is time to reconsider what is acceptable? In this case I'm not sure if this is incident has crossed a line.

Comment

He is not a uneducated bigot unlike the idiots who abused him on Saturday.
              What is your assumption that those giving him stick were "uneducated" based on?

Can you justify it? Because if not that creates the impression that you are a pompous prejudice hyproocrite.

I say that because, ironically if you have no knowledge they were "uneducated", but actually, what you mean by that is you are just assuming they are less educated then you, and that makes them and their opinions less worthy than yours then that would make YOU a bigot

Comment

Originally posted by Joe90 View Post

I understand why he doesn't wear a poppy and I don't have a problem with that from what I've read of it, however if he professed his support for the IRA I'd have a massive problem with that. But the issue hear is the abuse he received and whether it should be investigated. I think considering the current climate we need to be VERY careful that verbal abuse doesn't become physical and perhaps maybe it is time to reconsider what is acceptable? In this case I'm not sure if this is incident has crossed a line.
                Would you have an issue with someone who professes unquestionable support of the British Army in Northern Ireland?

What the IRA did in Warrington, among other atrocities, was an absolute disgrace.

What the British Army did in Derry in 1972, among other atrocities, was an absolute disgrace.

No one in Britain or Ireland, should have a good guys vs bad guys attitude to the Troubles.

James McClean has NEVER - and please post any evidence to the contrary if I am wrong - proclaimed outright support for the IRA, not once. He has explained on many occasions why he can't wear one and that he is not anti-British.

This is what he says and if you can find ANYTHING wrong with this I think you need to question yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Route One View Post

What is your assumption that those giving him stick were "uneducated" based on?

Can you justify it? Because if not that creates the impression that you are a pompous prejudice hyproocrite.

I say that because, ironically if you have no knowledge they were "uneducated", but actually, what you mean by that is you are just assuming they are less educated then you, and that makes them and their opinions less worthy than yours then that would make YOU a bigot
                  Nah, they were thick.

I'm far from being a bigot, I actually feel sorry for them...

One day their parents told them that they could choose to be anything they wanted so they chose to be c* *ts.

Comment

Nah, they were thick.

I'm far from being a bigot, I actually feel sorry for them...

One day their parents told them that they could choose to be anything they wanted so they chose to be c* *ts.
                    I am sure. You do seem incredibly patronising though.

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post

I am sure. You do seem incredibly patronising though.
                      I'm not patronising either. Just have an aversion to idiots.

Comment

I'm not patronising either. Just have an aversion to idiots.
                        You come across that way unfortunately.

Comment

Would you have an issue with someone who professes unquestionable support of the British Army in Northern Ireland?[/IMG]
                          No.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe90 View Post

No.
                            And yet you want everyone Irish to completely condemn the IRA?

Both sides, on occasions, acted against all sense of humanity but if you listen to people you can understand why both had support too.

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post

You come across that way unfortunately.
                              I would rather people think I am a condescending,. arrogant, pompous prick than for one person to think I am an uneducated idiot.

What kind of person doesn't take the time to understand another person's point of view and stands in a football ground - in front of other people - shouting obscenities at a man who has explained very well why he won't wear a poppy.

They should spend more time condemning things like this which is FAR more derogatory and disrespectful towards the Remembrance of those who died in wars:

Enlighten me as to how making the Poppy something akin to a Christmas decoration is respectful to the dead or maintaining the silent, somber and dignified nature of the symbol.

Comment

I would rather people think I am a condescending,. arrogant, pompous prick than for one person to think I am an uneducated idiot.

What kind of person doesn't take the time to understand another person's point of view and stands in a football ground - in front of other people - shouting obscenities at a man who has explained very well why he won't wear a poppy.

They should spend more time condemning things like this which is FAR more derogatory and disrespectful towards the Remembrance of those who died in wars:

Enlighten me as to how making the Poppy something akin to a Christmas decoration is respectful to the dead or maintaining the silent, somber and dignified nature of the symbol.
                                Some people don't have the opportunity to get an education. It is not always their fault. Is that a reason to look down on them from your lofty heights?

Comment

Working...
                                X