Club Investigating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post

Fully support the IRA like McClean does too?
    Great go to ..

If James McClean supports the IRA it is probably because of his background and the experiences his family went through, if you or I don't its probably because of ours.

Life is like that you know, full of different opinions formed by different experiences and if you actually listened to what he has to say then you might be able to understand why he thinks what he does.

​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post

Jeez eric have a word ffs, i suppose youre in support of banning our union jack from being proudly out on display next, yet talk of youre uncles who died in the war, yet you knock tommy robinson supporters being classed as idiots lol
      What on earth are you waffling on about??
      ​​​​​​
      How does not wearing a poppy - and I don't - because it's all now for show and the chance to remember the fallen as you finger your missus equate to wanting the Union Flag (being so patriotic you might want to know what it is actually called) banned?

And if you follow the woman hitting, police attacking, drug taking, Police assaulting, football hooligan, fraudster who commits contempt of court then that is up to you, but it is also up to others to form an idea of what kind of person you are too.

Comment

Originally posted by davieqpr View Post

The only words that stand out there are 'Look at me, look at me'. Another inflammatory comment from you.
        Why don't you take a look at the examples given on this page and get back to me about how the Poppy is still a somber and dignified symbol of remembrance.

​Take a look at Poppy® Watch (@giantpoppywatch): https://twitter.com/giantpoppywatch?s=09​​​​

​​​​​Stay classy RBL!
        Attached Files

Comment

I got told off when we played villa redknapp first game rob green palmed a shot in some how 2 nd half I caught match ball that went for a corner handed ball to bosingwa and only said tell rob green that’s how u catch a ####ing ball. Apparently it’s claased as common assault what I said after wasn’t in dictionary either and got chucked out

Comment

Originally posted by shaggy24 View Post
            I got told off when we played villa redknapp first game rob green palmed a shot in some how 2 nd half I caught match ball that went for a corner handed ball to bosingwa and only said tell rob green that’s how u catch a ####ing ball. Apparently it’s claased as common assault what I said after wasn’t in dictionary either and got chucked out
            That's bloody ridiculous and sums up the direction elements of the club are heading to.

Anyone find it absolutely bizarre, ridiculous and pointless when the stewards run into position at the Loft end every time the away team has a corner or throw in at that end?

Too busy trying to make us a Disney football experience sometimes.

Comment

World is such a different place from when I grew up,teachers hit u ,not other way round, boys were boys girls were girls and not non gender fluid. People was not afraid to be English, etc etc, still some things don't change,spurs still don't win the league
              Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Originally posted by Clapton is God View Post

Great go to ..

If James McClean supports the IRA it is probably because of his background and the experiences his family went through, if you or I don't its probably because of ours.

Life is like that you know, full of different opinions formed by different experiences and if you actually listened to what he has to say then you might be able to understand why he thinks what he does.

​​​​​
                I don't agree that our grandfathers fought fascism, they fought to preserve the Empire, nothing wrong with that. Faurlin wore a poppy, he probably didn't respect the British army but he made a choice to work here and kept his politics out of the office. If McClean is a pacifist fair enough, but if he supports IRA he deseves all the abuse he gets, don't care why he supports them, if you play football in England and hold those beliefs you'll get abuse and rightly so, no different if a Muslim player supported a terrosit organisation or tried to justify their actions.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe90 View Post

I don't agree that our grandfathers fought fascism, they fought to preserve the Empire, nothing wrong with that. Faurlin wore a poppy, he probably didn't respect the British army but he made a choice to work here and kept his politics out of the office. If McClean is a pacifist fair enough, but if he supports IRA he deseves all the abuse he gets, don't care why he supports them, if you play football in England and hold those beliefs you'll get abuse and rightly so, no different if a Muslim player supported a terrosit organisation or tried to justify their actions.
                  I think you may need to invest some time learning about firstly someone from Derry may support the IRA, secondly why that support does not always equate to a support of the killing of innocent people like in Warrington and finally how people earning money is about pounds in the bank and not an endorsement of any Government decisions.

McClean does not hate English people or England as a country. He has problems with the actions of a previous Government and the symbol which, in Northern Ireland at least, equates to support of the troops who occupied Ireland and killed members of the Catholic community.

He is not a uneducated bigot unlike the idiots who abused him on Saturday.

Comment

He chooses not to wear one because the British army gunned down innocent people on a protest march in the Bogside area of his home town. I can totally understand anyone from that area not choosing to wear one. I'm sure you would if it was you. He has already said he respects what people did and what they died for during WW1 and WW2.

Comment

Bloody Sunday, sometimes called the Bogside Massacre,[1] was an incident on 30 January 1972 in the Bogside area of Derry , Northern Ireland, when British soldiers shot 28 unarmed civilians during a protest march against internment. Fourteen people died: thirteen were killed outright, while the death of another man four months later was attributed to his injuries. Many of the victims were shot while fleeing from the soldiers and some were shot while trying to help the wounded. Other protesters were injured by rubber bullets or batons, and two were run down by army vehicles.[2][3] The march had been organised by the Northern Ireland Civil Rights Association (NICRA). The soldiers involved were members of the 1st Battalion, Parachute Regiment, also known as "1 Para"

Comment

It's all down to personal choice,I don't class myself as British but English, I have no religious feeling what so ever. I also realize the British like most nations that had empires did atrocities all over the world. It's how you get a empire rightly or wrongly.
                        personally I live for the now and not the past,that's history. But humans are a strange breed,clever but so destructive. Find conflict in literally anything.
                        Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Originally posted by Clapton is God View Post

Great go to ..

​​​​​
                          Why thankyou clapped out.
                          But if you actually think (prob difficult i know) what the remembrance is all about, and then see
                          this scumbag earns his thousands in the country where these men gave their lives, you'd think
                          if he feels that strongly he should perhaps play in norway or denmark
                          I'm not interested in what that ######## has to say btw

Comment

Originally posted by qprjeff1882 View Post
                            He chooses not to wear one because the British army gunned down innocent people on a protest march in the Bogside area of his home town. I can totally understand anyone from that area not choosing to wear one. I'm sure you would if it was you. He has already said he respects what people did and what they died for during WW1 and WW2.
                            And of course the IRA just did peaceful protest and held garden parties. As i say if he hates the british then earn your money in another country

Comment

Originally posted by Joe90 View Post

Bang on.....the whole point that clapped out can't seem to get to though is this was nothing, nothing but a few chants.
                              The club need to twig on quick that all this pc cuddly ######## will be the death of the club, as prawn sandwich munchers are to big prem clubs

Comment

Welcome back Dave, miss you big time

Also, sort of agree with Leighsy, always classed myself as English not British, although baptized a RC, I truly don't give religion a second thought, as its history shows religion has always been used to control or conquer.

The past is the past, we need to look forward.
                                FYI, I can fly any flag I want here in Canada.
                                Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                                Work Best When Open...
                                @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Working...
                                X