Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Club Investigating

Fans caught on camera asking James McClean “wheres your poppy?"

Now ignoring getting into the debate whether someone should or shouldn't wear the poppy, is this really 'abuse' that is deserving of an investigation? I'm sure we all hear far worse said in stadiums every week.

I saw the vid and its was no worse than what any player gets from the stands these days
    Minds Are Like Parachutes.
    Work Best When Open...
    @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Joke, club is a joke
      Last edited by MYU; 12-03-2019, 11:02 PM.

Comment

I don’t think it was that bad tbh
        Under Les Ferdinand:
        Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
        Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
        Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
        Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
        And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Hardly worth an investigation is it?

Comment

Why don’t we just play games in a library and be done with all this crap.

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
              Joke, club is a joke
              I support the club's stance 100% and I hope the idiots in the video are identified and banned. I don't care who knows.

When my great uncles died in the World War it was not for some pissed up idiots to abuse a man for his decision not to wear a poppy, it was to combat fascism.

These idiots are better suited to Tommy Robinson marches than Loftus Road which has always had an unwritten rule that politics stays outside the ground.
              Last edited by MYU; 12-03-2019, 11:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
                Hardly worth an investigation is it?
                What about the Irish support we have enjoyed for years? Should they be subjected to such abuse because they may share his opinion on the poppy?

What about those who fought for the country but refuse to wear one because it has morphed from being a somber, dignified symbol to a mass movement of people demanding to be recognised for remembering - 'LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT ME, I'M REMEMBERING!!! - and you can now buy poppy knickers when you want to remember the fallen when about to finger your missus?

I know 3 men who fought in Iraq and 1 who fought in the Falklands who refuse to wear one because of idiots like those in that video.

Comment

Originally posted by Clapton is God View Post

What about the Irish support we have enjoyed for years? Should they be subjected to such abuse because they may share his opinion on the poppy?

What about those who fought for the country but refuse to wear one because it has morphed from being a somber, dignified symbol to a mass movement of people demanding to be recognised for remembering - 'LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT ME, I'M REMEMBERING!!! - and you can now buy poppy knickers when you want to remember the fallen when about to finger your missus?

I know 3 men who fought in Iraq and 1 who fought in the Falklands who refuse to wear one because of idiots like those in that video.
                  The only words that stand out there are 'Look at me, look at me'. Another inflammatory comment from you.

Comment

I support the club's stance 100% and I hope the idiots in the video are identified and banned. I don't care who knows.

When my great uncles died in the World War it was not for some pissed up idiots to abuse a man for his decision not to wear a poppy, it was to combat fascism.

These idiots are better suited to Tommy Robinson marches than Loftus Road which has always had an unwritten rule that politics stays outside the ground.
                    Jeez eric have a word ffs, i suppose youre in support of banning our union jack from being proudly out on display next, yet talk of youre uncles who died in the war, yet you knock tommy robinson supporters being classed as idiots lol
                    http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                      Joke, club is a joke
                      Fully agreed dave, absolutely pathetic....
                      Last edited by MYU; 12-03-2019, 11:03 PM.
                      http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

It wasn't even that bad Pinks, ffs its not like the Brum fan incident, it's done to try to unsettle a player.
                        If you think what the poppy stands for and then ask yourself why he has a problem, i find that
                        his stance is far more insulting mate

Comment

Fully support the IRA like McClean does too?

Comment

Technology is a wonderful thing,
                            Times I long for the days where cameras were for holidays etc and phones was of the dial type and in your house or in a box.
                            Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Originally posted by Gtleighsr3 View Post
                              Technology is a wonderful thing,
                              Times I long for the days where cameras were for holidays etc and phones was of the dial type and in your house or in a box.
                              Absolutely, why people have to film everything I don’t know. Go to concerts now and people stand there filming the gig instead of letting go and enjoying it, does wind me up and then you get abuse when you ask them to get their camera out of my view! That said I have no issue at all with McClean, totally his choice and not worth all the anger against him.

Comment

Working...
                              X