Message for MYU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by agoodm View Post
    You do not have permission to advertise third party websites via this forum. I am sure advertising and sponsorship opportunities may be possible via mutual agreement at a later date.

If you wish to build a competing site then this is your prerogative, however be aware that attempts to promote that site via this website shall not be tolerated.
    Have to say you have never raised your head in years if us8ng this site.

All of a sudden you appear to lay down tne law as you wish with no thoughts to the forum members.

May I ask where you were while this site was hijacked by a troll poster? If you had been so proactive previously it might never have come to this!

Comment

Awin, I run the website hosting. I try not to get involved other than this however I will where I see abuse of the site since it may be me that ends up having to clean up (initially it was thought the PM abuse was a spam bot since a reasonably large amount of identical messages were detected by a passive monitoring script). Subsequently one recipient forwarded a copy of the message to another member of staff and this all came out in the wash shortly after.

I am not sure why you see me as laying down the law though. The site rules are in a post immediately visible on the most trafficked page of the website. If you've ever been involved with the running of a forum then you dont need to even read them to know that Spam isnt going to be permitted; especially where the ultimate intent here is clearly to move traffic away from this website (who are my long term client now).

If you want to create a new website then go ahead, however dont expect to be permitted to pedal traffic towards it for free; from the very site you plan to compete with. Whilst I wont directly stop you doing this ultimately other staff members are not going to permit this to happen. I do feel like I am stating the obvious.........

Comment

You do not have permission to advertise third party websites via this forum. I am sure advertising and sponsorship opportunities may be possible via mutual agreement at a later date.

If you wish to build a competing site then this is your prerogative, however be aware that attempts to promote that site via this website shall not be tolerated.
        Go on then Alan, cards on table. How much will it cost me to invite just 50 posters over the next few weeks, chosen by their peers, to have the opportunity of a troll free forum? Bearing in mind that it won’t be generating a penny in income.

And in the interests of transparency, please put it up in this thread, so we can see which interests are paramount.

Comment

Obviously I cant answer that. In post 32 of this thread at the time of writing I state that I just run the hosting. Therefore I cant answer your query; sorry.

You would need to raise that question with another member of staff, however looking back it appears that you set the bridge on fire. Could be tricky!

P.S. 50 posters would be a double digit percentage of the active users on this forum. May I hazard a guess to suggest that it would be expensive?

Comment

Wtf is going on lol. Love to know what this is all about

Comment

Obviously I cant answer that. In post 32 of this thread at the time of writing I state that I just run the hosting. Therefore I cant answer your query; sorry.

You would need to raise that question with another member of staff, however looking back it appears that you set the bridge on fire. Could be tricky!

P.S. 50 posters would be a double digit percentage of the active users on this forum. May I hazard a guess to suggest that it would be expensive?
              No problem Alan. Don’t want to involve you in this really as you were not the cause. No point in asking anybody else though, as they don’t feel able to interact with me either.

However, you know full well that since MYU went absent in May, with no explanation of any sort, we tried over and over again to make contact with him. You were well aware of the methods we tried and for how long we were trying. And you also know, that all of us were more concerned about his wellbeing than anything else.

What really did it for me though, was that when I attempted to let MYU know of an offer to purchase this site, acting in his interests as I had always done until then, as usual, no response. That would have allowed him to walk away from something he has shown very little interest in for a long time now, be very fairly compensated for doing so, whilst maintaining his reputation. I was doing everything in my power to ensure that no disruption occurred here, to the wonderful group of posters we have all come to know over the years. I was attempting to ensure that for them, it wasn’t ruined, as it had become part of their routine. Clearly, my concern for them exceeds that of others.

You will also be aware of various suggestions I made to protect this site from those setting out purely to cause trouble. It would have taken only a very small amount of your time to set up, bearing in mind your area of ecpertise. But no ongoing drain on your time as I, along with others, were perfectly happy to continue to monitor and control such a system. All for the benefit of this site.

And to think how many times over the last 10 years, I have taken abuse and criticism for standing up for him on other forums. And he repays me by quite happily allowing a multitude of lies and false allegations to be made about me, on here, with no recourse. Great.

Comment

There are rival fans coming on here before away games advising us that we can go and drink in x y & z pubs. Is this not marketing?? Why are they allowed to do this without challenge or are they subsequently (I would put my mortgage on they're not) billed or told not to do that in future??

Comment

I don’t understand what’s going on with this forum. It was always an entertaining place to visit, plenty of debate, banter, strong opinions, good characters, always a little over modded but well worth a read.

Comment

Originally posted by 12321 View Post
                    I don’t understand what’s going on with this forum. It was always an entertaining place to visit, plenty of debate, banter, strong opinions, good characters, always a little over modded but well worth a read.
                    Yes, such a shame it has gone so badly downhill.

Comment

Not 606, LFW and Report are mentioned on here on a regular basis. Indeed many posters switch between said sites and here. No complaint has ever been made of the mention or use of said sites, either jointly with or instead of here or any other site for that matter. No one has been solicitously approached and advising friends , comrades and here, like minded supporters of a football club, that there are other ways to share debate, via a free and available private messaging service is no more than exercising freedom of speech. No one has been threatened, paid or forced to do anything, no one has been bad mouthed or wronged by such freedom of information and that's all there is to it. If you would like a free seminar on Intellectual Property Law and/or Competition Law, I'm sure that can be facilitated.

Finally, where everything here is free and at no cost to anyone, I wonder if anyone wishes to declare a potential conflict of interest, by revealing if and, if so, how much financial interest they have in this site?
                      #standuptocancer
                      #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Brighton has contacted me about his new er venture,for those interested you can find it on the darkweb 96 down on the list between the ketamine for sale and the child ####
                        Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

As an aside, how much did it cost each site to get their link on this page.....http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/f...ks/84814-links

I can recommend one more site for rangers fans to visit, that's if you are happy to add it to your list and if any of the great poster on here are interested.

There is no competition. It is just another place like the ones listed in your link section, where rangers fans can chat etc

Just one more question. i have noticed that several members on here have links to various promotional sites in their signiture, Have they been given consent by every person that visits this board?
                          How much does it cost for one to advertise their promotional website on the messageboard?

Asking for a friend
                          nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

1.5k views

Comment

North’s think most people have worked out what’s going on but for whatever reason those running this site prefer to lock it down instead of treating posters with respect and like adults and allow them to make there own decisions on what site they want to post on or if they want to post on multiple sites

we still await the famous logs or deep files explanation on top of the PM system explanation, loads of promises no action which I think tells the story of, why what was a superb site to post on has fallen to what we now see.

Censorship, big brother monitoring, I’m guessing recent made up posters (speculating here) and lies!! It’s a real shame and the person who can sort it all out MIA again

the good posters here are not stupid and I think I speak on behalf of others that they would all be welcome elsewhere

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                                North’s think most people have worked out what’s going on but for whatever reason those running this site prefer to lock it down instead of treating posters with respect and like adults and allow them to make there own decisions on what site they want to post on or if they want to post on multiple sites

we still await the famous logs or deep files explanation on top of the PM system explanation, loads of promises no action which I think tells the story of, why what was a superb site to post on has fallen to what we now see.

Censorship, big brother monitoring, I’m guessing recent made up posters (speculating here) and lies!! It’s a real shame and the person who can sort it all out MIA again

the good posters here are not stupid and I think I speak on behalf of others that they would all be welcome elsewhere
                                Haha almost as daft as tarbs post to me in this section, icensorship ffs lol, spat my tea out at how ironic once again, youre two bosses wanted censorship and control and select posters with same views, myu want non censorship so quite ironic once again.

Surprised youve not wondered why youre new forums set on private and not showing up in searches if its so qpr fans friendly, and anyones welcome to join, instead invites only
                                http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Working...
                                X