for the love of one's Country

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Johnnykc View Post

What on earth does that mean? Please explain it to me because it sounds like a soundbite with f uck all meaning
    Ps try reading the op thread title.
    http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Patriotism is something to be admired, nationalism in the other hand can be dangerous game to play. Love of one's country is something that everyone should feel. It's when they put other countries down that the line is crossed.

Comment

Question for you Johnny , have you read the Koran ?
        Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

Originally posted by Fraggy View Post
          Most Brits I bump into over here, and there is quite a few who have emigrated over here in recent years; claim they moved over as they were fed up with being branded a racist for once having pride in their country.
          I still love my country of birth, and although I am now a dual national, I will always put my country of birth first.
          When I was over last year, it was the first time back in 10 years, and other than a trip to LR for a game, I couldn't wait to leave.
          The rest of The World is laughing at the joke that is Brexit.
          I have never had no political leaning, nor do I lean left or right; but when I fly a Union Jack on the side of my house, my neighbours admire it, and do not accuse me of being a nationalist or a racist.
          It hurts me to admit this, but my country is not the same country I grew up in.
          that last line resonates with me Fraggy. When a work colleague down here asked me do I regret moving to Lyme, I thought for a moment , then replied no, but I regret having to move from London
          I must away now, I can no longer tarry
          This morning's tempest I have to cross
          I must be guided without a stumble
          Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Here's the thing about Tommy Robinson IMO: love him or loathe him, he did something that was absolutely vital to democracy in this country - he smashed the glass ceiling known colloquially as 'political correctness', which was suppressing peoples' ability and right to speak freely in this country. Now I know a hell of a lot of well-meaning people hate what's come out of this, but that's free speech for you. You're not going to like everything that comes out. But what would you rather have, totalitarian control of public discourse, or free speech? You can't have both. I prefer the latter, warts and all.

Comment

Originally posted by vespa View Post
              Question for you Johnny , have you read the Koran ?
              No Vesps...and to be fair, if you've waded through it ...fair play to you mate

Have you read mein kampf volume 1 and 2?

Comment

naughty Johnny, I expect better from you. By the way, Vespa is left of Lenin
                I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                This morning's tempest I have to cross
                I must be guided without a stumble
                Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Smart answer mate , but i`m not attacking anyone speaking out against Hitler , unlike you ,with Islam.

My point being ,you seem so quick to call people out for their views on Islam , when ,if youve not read the Koran ,you wouldn`t be aware of what a hateful religion it is . No other religion that ive looked into teaches in their good book so much violence and intolerance . That many ,many Muslims take literally . If you are going to reply with , what about some of the evils that have been done in the name of Christianity ? they are just that ,done in the name of Christianity ,not taught in the Bible. Big difference .
                  Ask pretty much any Muslim man their views on Gays ,Women ,the West etc and you will likely find their views intolerable

Comment

Originally posted by lymehoop View Post

Comment

that last line resonates with me Fraggy. When a work colleague down here asked me do I regret moving to Lyme, I thought for a moment , then replied no, but I regret having to move from London
                      I think the ones of us that havn`t left London ,have evolved with it . I`m not saying that London is a better place for the mass immigration that has taken place , but i still love London as it is .

Comment

thank you Lymes.... I'm well aware of generally how sound Vespas political views are!

Comment

Smart answer mate , but i`m not attacking anyone speaking out against Hitler , unlike you ,with Islam.

My point being ,you seem so quick to call people out for their views on Islam , when ,if youve not read the Koran ,you wouldn`t be aware of what a hateful religion it is . No other religion that ive looked into teaches in their good book so much violence and intolerance . That many ,many Muslims take literally . If you are going to reply with , what about some of the evils that have been done in the name of Christianity ? they are just that ,done in the name of Christianity ,not taught in the Bible. Big difference .
                          Ask pretty much any Muslim man their views on Gays ,Women ,the West etc and you will likely find their views intolerable
                          I'm against extremism in all forms Vespa.

Comment

I'm against extremism in all forms Vespa.
                            But you dont speak out about Islam`s intolerance

Comment

thank you Lymes.... I'm well aware of generally how sound Vespas political views are!

Comment

But you dont speak out about Islam`s intolerance
                                To be fair to me... it doesn't appear on this forum as a rule....

Comment

Working...
                                X