Brazil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brazil

any of our political heavyweights got an opinion on their newly elected Government?/
    I must away now, I can no longer tarry
    This morning's tempest I have to cross
    I must be guided without a stumble
    Into the arms I love the most

I think their pledge to force the price of Hawaiians down won the slums over
    Last edited by Gtleighsr3; 29-10-2018, 08:00 PM.
    Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

He makes Trump look like a pussycat. Scary character. Boasts he's a fan of dictatorship. Wants to sell off the Amazon rain forest to logging companies and doesn't give a f*ck about the native people who live there. Wouldn't want to be left of Genghis Khan and live there right now.

Comment

A few years Lula represented a promising way for Brazil and the Workers Party . Lula came from a very poor familiy, made his way to the very top as a leader in the SteelWorkersUnion, but it all ended in tears. Like so many other politicians in Brazil he was ultimately charged with corruption. It is just like fighting drug lords in Mexico; It seems almost impossible to not getting involved in corruption..

Haddad, the former Mayor of Sao Paolo,should IMO have been elected because my impression of him is that he is more of a thinker. This man is an highly rated academic and also a well educated economist who has promised to lead Brazil back to the years of 2006- 2011, when Lula actually managed to improve Brazil`s economy quite drastically. Some says that it was done by basically allowing institusions to handle out credit right,left and centre..lol.

But anyway, Bolsonaro won by a relatively clear margin last Sunday. And one of the reasons behind his victory was the fact that he has promised to reduce the sky high crime rates in the country. To be honest, I don`t think he will suceed... Maybe Brasililans soon will face Military Dictatorship like they did from mid-seventeen to mid-eighteen. Who knows...I hope not.
        Last edited by Shania; 30-10-2018, 03:32 PM. Reason: Appologies. The topic was too interesting for concentrating thoroughly on correct spelling.
        QPR
        Best team in the world
        Sort of

Comment

excellent post Shania, you too Hubs
          I must away now, I can no longer tarry
          This morning's tempest I have to cross
          I must be guided without a stumble
          Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Interesting subject, Lymehoop! Not sure it is easily solved though..
            QPR
            Best team in the world
            Sort of

Comment

far right and far left are both as bad as eachother imo. i don't consider trump far right (i don't like the bloke though) but brazil's new president certainly is and dictatorships seem to be coming more on the rise recently, people are treating political parties like football teams and are supporting them no matter what.

brazil is a pretty powerful country with massive potential, he's already spoke out in favour of duarte and wants to emulate him in some areas which again could be a problem as dictatorships need to be isolated from power yet more and more are rising into power every few years.

Comment

It's interesting what you say about Lula, Shania, because a mate of mine who has been living in Brazil told me Lula was set up. The people behind Bolsonaro saw how they were losing the narrative and boom - Lula's in the nick of a corruption charge..

Comment

Have a horrible feeling Trumps CIA are all over this like the Americans have been all over central and south America for decades! Stinks to high heaven!

Comment

Working...
                  X