No announcement yet.

brexit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biggest act of treachery since Oliver Cromwell.

Comment

• I think she'll walk by the end of the month and the new leader will implement this 'deal' saying that there is no time to negotiate a new one...May will forever be to the Conservative party as Voldemort is to Hogwarts..

Comment

• Really can’t see how she can survive this.

She has been warned time and time again by members of her own cabinet, with various resignations along the way, that what she was doing was nowhere near close to delivering on the will of the people.

I was astonished when the Tories were stupid enough to elect her as leader when Cameron ran away. Should have been perfectly clear to all of them that only a true leaver could achieve a decent outcome. Since then, time and again she has replaced leavers with remainers in an effort to back up her aims. Quite how she, or anybody else for that matter, can suggest that after almost 2 years of negotiations this is remotely close to being acceptable is totally beyond me.

Let’s not forget, not only has she messed this up, but she also thoroughly ballsed up what should have been a pretty straightforward general election, made shocking misjudgements over the Grenfell tragedy, allowed herself and the UK to be subjected to appalling levels of disrespect by the EU and still cannot see how badly she has failed.

What a terrible state of affairs.

Unless of course it’s simply a ploy to gain a fantastic no-deal Brexit, without appearing to want one. Here’s hoping.

Comment

• I don't think it will ever come to no deal. I don't think even a true leaver, be it Boris, Davis or Gove would have the guts to go through with no deal.

Comment

• Originally posted by fisnik View Post
            I don't think it will ever come to no deal. I don't think even a true leaver, be it Boris, Davis or Gove would have the guts to go through with no deal.
            Oh, I think they most definitely would. Because what we know for sure is that is the best way of avoiding one.

Simply walk away, tell the EU that the differences between them and us are too great to be sorted out with a pointless withdrawal agreement. Should they wish to get their backsides in gear and come to us with a proposal that we find acceptable for our future relationship, then we will happily consider it with far more goodwill than they have ever shown.

They will. Not least, because they will have to.

I know I’m repeating myself again, but gaining the best outcome for the UK will not be achieved by begging or appearing desperate for a deal at any cost.

Theresa May’s response to JRM in the commons today suggested that the final deal on the future arrangements would resolve the issues that he cited. If that’s the case, then let’s just allow the EU to present them now and bring this farce to an end. Hugely embarrassing for our country to have allowed ourselves to get this far down the road, having acceded to everything they wanted like a well behaved puppy.

Comment

• im sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooo bored of this crap.
              Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

• reports of people stockpiling food down here. This is the result of the Remoaners scaremongering. These are the people who vote to remain in the corrupt EU. The days of the British bulldog spirit seem to be over
                I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                This morning's tempest I have to cross
                I must be guided without a stumble
                Into the arms I love the most

Comment

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uF50ZfNajHA

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                    "The people's vote of 2016". I like it. That's exactly what it was and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. :-)
                    ‘Views change in a couple of years Stanley..... it’s ok.... they’re allowed to.

It it was only in 2017 when people of the uk thought that the conservatives were fit to run this country.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnnykc View Post
                      It it was only in 2017 when people of the uk thought that the conservatives were fit to run this country.....
                      And no doubt they still do. Just without such an incompetent leader.

Comment

• how we ever thought we would get a good deal from europe is beyond me.I mean we dont get given many points in eurovision so why would they treat us good otherwise.They have short memories,if it wasnt for us and a couple of colonials they all be german now and suffering with on time decent trains, mercedes taxis and love david hasselhoff albums

Comment

• You also get fined for not crossing the road at 90°

Comment

• I don't know anyone who has changed their mind, but I know plenty who are fuming. The end of the Tories and democracy in this country
                            I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                            This morning's tempest I have to cross
                            I must be guided without a stumble
                            Into the arms I love the most

Comment

• been work,are we in, out, undecided,general election,looking for a new pm,yet? i cant keep up.

Comment

• Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
                                I don't know anyone who has changed their mind, but I know plenty who are fuming. The end of the Tories and democracy in this country
                                Little bit dramatic Lymes?

We had a vote (we do that quite regularly in this country)........ self serving politicians don’t deliver on the promises they make (this also happens a lot in this country)

All this nonsense talk about ‘the biggest act of treachery’ and ‘the end of democracy’...... it’s what politicians do for Christ’s sake.....

For some reason people think this vote is somehow different and by calling it things like “the people’s vote” and bleating on endlessly about “the will of the people” ....it makes it different..... well.... it doesn’t...

Comment

Working...
                                X