No announcement yet.

brexit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There’s one thing that puzzles me above all else. The remainers have claimed recently, even in the debate in parliament would you believe, that there are now even more young people of voting age.
    And therefore we should take their views into account.

Just what qualifications, knowledge and experience have this particular group got that is of use to the debate? Half of them, having taken the decision to go to university, are about to rack up huge debts for very little return, so it can’t be their fiscal prudence. I encounter many students and young people on a daily basis. And whilst I find the vast majority to be perfectly pleasant and affable characters, they are in the main, not exactly worldly wise and hardly a group of people who I would look to for advice of any sort, let alone on matters of international trade and finance. Nothing strange about that at all, they’re just kids.

Would genuinely love someone to enlighten me on this, as I can’t help feeling I’m missing something.

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post

Just when we were getting on so well! Couldn't disagree more on this one fella. Not a Thatcher fan. At all. Ever. Destroyed this country IMO, but made it look like she was saving it. Clever. Look at the state of it now. That's how you measure it.
      Agree Hubs Thatcher was when things turned .

What was that quote no such thing as society and look where we are now.Sold council houses cheap so the owners could become house owners and profit big time,and again where are we now.

Blair etc just compounded the situation by being ##########s

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
        I don't like to get into politics on a football forum but, to me there is only one thing that's relevant.

Left or right of centre, pro or anti Brexit is all irrelevant. We live in a Democratic Country and we had a Democratic vote - that should be the end of it. Stop marching, protesting and moaning and rejoice in the freedom of Democracy. Anything other than an exit, hard or soft, would be moral bankruptcy for our Country
        Sorry if you think we still live in a democracy,because those days are long gone end of

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
          There’s one thing that puzzles me above all else. The remainers have claimed recently, even in the debate in parliament would you believe, that there are now even more young people of voting age.
          And therefore we should take their views into account.

Just what qualifications, knowledge and experience have this particular group got that is of use to the debate? Half of them, having taken the decision to go to university, are about to rack up huge debts for very little return, so it can’t be their fiscal prudence. I encounter many students and young people on a daily basis. And whilst I find the vast majority to be perfectly pleasant and affable characters, they are in the main, not exactly worldly wise and hardly a group of people who I would look to for advice of any sort, let alone on matters of international trade and finance. Nothing strange about that at all, they’re just kids.

Would genuinely love someone to enlighten me on this, as I can’t help feeling I’m missing something.
          me to

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post

me to
            You forgot the #

Comment

I love all the people on tv who say I feel more European than British,prob got something to do with a Norman or Viking banging their great great great great Tec grandmother
              Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Originally posted by UpperP View Post

Appreciate that Hubbs. Just thought, wrongly obviously, that as your views are slightly to the left of centre that you'd want us to remain in the EU. As I've got older have thought that all MP's should run as independents, rather than Tory/Labour/Liberal/a.n.other. This would allow them to be more neutral and vote on issues rather than have to tow the party line.
                Why presume people who naturally vote Labour want remain ? look at the country wide map , England voted to leave , the whole of the working class Labour supporting North and Midlands ,voted to leave , Look at London, main area in the country that wanted remain , Barking and Dagenham ,Havering in the East ,Sutton and Bexley in the South,Hillingdon in the West all suburban areas made up of natural working class ` white voters .
                It isnt about Left/Right at all ,
                i`d cut my c ock off before id ever vote conservative, but i`m 100% leave
                Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

Quoted UpperP ,because it fitted the point i`m trying to make ,
                  probably shouldnt have ,
                  he obviously gets it !
                  no offence meant
                  Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post

Just when we were getting on so well! Couldn't disagree more on this one fella. Not a Thatcher fan. At all. Ever. Destroyed this country IMO, but made it look like she was saving it. Clever. Look at the state of it now. That's how you measure it.
                    I said in my post that I thought it was wrong and still do. My point (stroke of genius on her part) was about her negotiating skills and that she managed to mug off the British working class and would probably been able to do the same to the people TM is bargaining with now.

Comment

Originally posted by vespa View Post

Why presume people who naturally vote Labour want remain ? look at the country wide map , England voted to leave , the whole of the working class Labour supporting North and Midlands ,voted to leave , Look at London, main area in the country that wanted remain , Barking and Dagenham ,Havering in the East ,Sutton and Bexley in the South,Hillingdon in the West all suburban areas made up of natural working class ` white voters .
                      It isnt about Left/Right at all ,
                      i`d cut my c ock off before id ever vote conservative, but i`m 100% leave
                      I didn't, I just presumed, wrongly obviously, that Hubbs would, not every Labour voter and it was meant to be a little bit tongue in cheek (maybe I should have put a smiley emoticon after it). My point was MP's should represent their constituents but also be free thinkers and shouldn't be told by the party whip which way they had to vote.
                      Maybe I shouldn't post on here after I've had a couple of beers, as I'm not the most literate and my words aren't coming out right.

Comment

Originally posted by UpperP View Post

I said in my post that I thought it was wrong and still do. My point (stroke of genius on her part) was about her negotiating skills and that she managed to mug off the British working class and would probably been able to do the same to the people TM is bargaining with now.
                        Fair dos Uppers, make you right on that.

Comment

It's all academic anyway,the EU won't be around in five years' time.Too many dissenting voices and the moves to forge closer contacts with Russia and China.One Belt,One Road is changing everything.It's either that or being "shackled to a corpse".

Comment

Originally posted by Blobbers View Post
                            It's all academic anyway,the EU won't be around in five years' time.Too many dissenting voices and the moves to forge closer contacts with Russia and China.One Belt,One Road is changing everything.It's either that or being "shackled to a corpse".
                            Tend to agree. Look at what's happening in Italy. The EU has just vetoed their budget. Telling a government they can't do what they like with their finances on such a large scale (especially as this was a budget within prescribed limits), particularly an anti-EU one as Italy has now, is not going to end well. I think the Italian government did it deliberately, to show up the EU for what it is.

Comment

We're not leaving Europe we're leaving the EU,all this scaremongering is useless as everybody wants trade.I see Our Masters have just passed a ruling to keep their expenses a secret.What a thieves' kitchen it(EU) has become.

Comment

Think the simplest negotiating tactic from here on in would be to state that for every week that passes before the EU sign up to what we want, then £2.5bn comes off of the divorce payment. That should concentrate their minds into finding a solution to their made up problems.

The outcome cannot be any worse than a “no deal” scenario, which we may well be heading for anyway if they keep playing games. Unfortunately, I don’t think Mrs May has the bottle to embark on such a straightforward approach. Can’t see the point of allowing the uncertainty and the bedwetting it appears to be causing, to go on any longer.

Biggest mistake was to allow the EU to dictate the timetable and sequence of events from the outset, believing that they were ever going to act honourably.

Comment

Working...
                                X